“holiday restaurant”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2013

whilst on holiday in luxor with my family we came across this restaurant.
we found that they could,nt do enough for us whilst we was there.
i would recommend this restaurant to everyone food was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Joan's

Reviewed 14 April 2013

This was my 4th trip to Luxor and I have walked past this restaurant many times, I have been put off by the climb up the stairs it feels like you made the commitment once you go up them.

All I would say is take the small trip up the stairs, what an excellent restaurant, the food was good I will not go overboard and offer it a michelin star it was however beautifully presented and the hand cut chips were hand cut chips !! The restaurant is perfectly clean (cleaner than most) and the staff attentive without being over attentive. I will certainly be visiting this restaurant in the future and wish them all of the success that they deserve.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Went twice to have a meal and was not disappointed at all. Would say to you all, it's worth a try as you will enjoy a great meal that is perfectly presented and well worth the money.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We were trying a different restaurant every night and decided to try this one. we climbed the stairs(carpet filthy!) and went in the door to be greeted by the smell of stale fatm yuck as it was described on the sign downstairs as an English restaurant we didn't expect there to be just two Egyption men in the place - we sat around while they ignored us for a while then one came over and we ordered a beer and a tonic from the menu - then we sat around some more and one of the men left after a while It clicked that he had gone out to buy the tonic from a local shop! we felt so uncomfotable that we upped sticks and beat a hasty retreat - we were told later by an English person that lives in Luxor that the owner was away and we would probably ended up being ill if we had eaten there as it wasn;t very good.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

very nice egyptian food, big portions and (because it was quiet I think) he brought out extra food that we hadnt ordered ... on the house!