“We loved it - but were on the our own.”
Review of Silk Road

Silk Road
Ranked #37 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Good stylish restaurant - great food and service.
Unfortunately we were eating alone. I would go again but it would be good if the place had a bit of more buzz. The main problem is the Hilton is 'the wrong end of town' and the lack of visitors to Egypt.

There are newer reviews for Silk Road

Reviewed 15 February 2013

The service at the Hilton is exceptional throughout. The staff are just perfect. Our waiter at Silk Road was very attentive without ever being intrusive and he had a very nice way about him. The food was nicely presented but we found it a little bland, hence our very good rating rather than excellent. We are Londoners and we are used to highly spiced food and top quality Chinese food, so I think I should say that the food was bland from our perspective. Overall, though, we had a very enjoyable evening and in my experience the food at the Hilton knocks spots off the other hotels (all of whom ought to try better). It was our good fortune to meet the charming general manager Christoph. We had a few drinks with him and he was great company. We had a very enjoyable night out and will be staying at the Hilton during our next visit to Luxor. It is definitely the best managed hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Have eaten here on two occasions and enjoyed both times very much.Menu had changed some of the main meal dishes since first visit but replacement meals were just as nice as first ones I had.Presentation and taste was great.
Yes it is more expensive than the "egyptian "normal restaurants but no more than we would normally pay in Scotland for a nice meal out.
relaxing and classy

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Located in the Hilton Luxor Resort, the Silk Road Restaurant was exquisite. Dining in elegance is always so special. The service was impeccable, and with food offerings from all over Asia, the menu was replete with wonderful choices. The chef, from India, introduced himself at our table to inquire as to our meals, which were incredibly delicious. And don't pass on the desserts either.

1  Thank eelSeattle
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Ate here in June with my son and 2 friends. We had 2 rounds of cocktails on the terrace before dinner and then had 2 wonderful courses in the restaurant, plus wine. It's pricey for Luxor but this is a beautiful hotel restaurant. The service is efficient and pleasant. Will definitely eat here again in October when I am next in Luxor with my husband. Maybe by then someone else will have reviewed the restaurant!! If not, I should get a free meal!! I wish!!

1  Thank Kartouche