Open today: 11:00 - 22:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Journey To Egypt - Luxor Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Luxor
from US$290.00
from US$514.00
from US$50.00
from US$525.00
More Info
All reviews nubian village nile cruise incredible country guide osama fun trip incredible trip licensed tour guide plane tickets airport security very attentive to our needs loves his job tipping culture local egyptians abu simbel visiting egypt egyptian history ancient egypt
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had the best time with journey to Egypt. Our guide Jon did a fantastic job explaining everything on the tours. His English was really good and he knew his stuff! The budget cruise was really nice for the price and had amazing food. The communication with the company was outstanding, we even missed a flight and were rescheduled no problems. I would recommend this experience very highly.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked Balloon Ride at Luxor and 3 nights Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor through Osama at JTE.
All our queries were answered by him promptly via WhatsApp.
All the arrangements and timing were adhered meticulously.
We used MSC Alhambra for the cruise, When we expressed our surprise of a charge for Wi-Fi on board, Osma kindly arranged to provide a local SIM (free of cost) via our guide.
As my wife insisted on a higher desk cabin, Osama spoke to the reception on the ship, who in turn gave us a choice of two.
Pity the Jaccuzi in the cabin was not functioning and we were offered to change our cabin again!. We stayed put in the same accomdation as it was our last day anyway.
Food on the boat was excellent through out our stay and the restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly.
Due to the train crash prior to our day of arrive at Ramses Station in Cairo we had to take any earlier flight on the last date however Osama was with helpful and in touch with us all the time.
JTE we thought an organisation which recommend thoroughly recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was one of the most amazing trips I have had. It was my dream to visit the Pyramids of Egypt. At the last minute my friend couldn’t join me and I ended up going solo. Ossama and his team did a wonderful job of making me feel welcome and well taken care of every step of my journey. I was picked up at the airport by Mohamed, who took care of my luggage and helped me check in at the hotel. My room had the best view of the Pyramids!! Absolutely mesmerizing! The next day I flew to Luxor and needed to leave at 4:30 AM to avoid Cairo traffic to the airport. Mohamed arrived early, in his suit, smiling and eager to make sure every detail was taken care of. He is the most professional and helpful with airport protocol. The rep and driver always took care of following the itinerary. All I needed to do was show up:) Ahmed was a safe driver in Cairo, and at my request he played Egyptian music for me- always!
The Nile cruise was very relaxing and the panorama was a mix of lush, green vegetation and date palms that contrasted with the dry, desert dunes. Happy cows grazed along the river’s edge. During the cruise, John was my tour guide. He was the nicest, most polite and educated Egyptologist. We visited all the important temples between Luxor and Aswan, as well as the High Dam. He kept asking if I was enjoying myself and if everything was to my liking. Of course it was! He is very passionate about the history of his country and knows his stuff! It was fun traveling with him. I added on the hot air balloon ride in Aswan and Coptic Cairo on my last day- both well worth it! Before, I was uncertain about the situation in Egypt because of the negative news coverage and past events. But after visiting, I know that Egypt is an incredible country and I would like to return in the future. If you’ve been considering going, now is the time! The weather in February is PERFECT! Every person I met was so friendly. I would recommend going with a tour guide, especially if you don’t speak Arabic or understand their culture. Ossama was overseeing all the details and was always texting to check in with me. Most people have very limited English, even on the cruise and in the hotel. An added bonus is that with the current exchange rate shopping in Egyptian Pounds is a bargain, and it felt good helping local vendors and the local economy. I learned so much from Rina, John & Medhat, that I feel much more educated about antiquity and have a better understanding of current Egypt. I highly recommend going with Journey to Egypt!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything went well on our trip. Osama was really helpful and gave all good suggestions/advises before arriving in order to have great experience in Egypt, He helped arranging everything and made booking and payment very much easy and convenient for me, also got quite good deals on plane tickets. Our trip with JTE starts from Aswan, Abu Simbel, Nile Cruise and along the way to Luxor, we also made some add-ons like Nubian Village, hot air balloon ride. We flied from Cairo to Aswan and the guide "John" picked us up from the airport. John was really an informative guide, quite strict to the schedule (don't expect any that not in the itinerary). A bit more advises and services from him would be perfect.

Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

I really enjoyed my time in luxor thanks to Osama the tour guide who made it very easy on us with his professional attitude and showing us lovely places giving us very interesting experience of luxor.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank mero185
Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

Everything in our trip worked very well. Since the first moment when arriving in Cairo’s Airport and Mohamed was waiting for us right before the inmigration process. He helped us to take the visa and left us in the hotel. By the way, it was 0400 AM.
At this time, Osama already was “on station” and answered our questions every time we need.
In our visit to Cairo Museum And to Pyramids we were guided by Mazen, who told us all the informations we could receive. Beside that, we finalize with a great lunch with a beautifull sight of the pyramids.
In the next day, once more, Mohamed picked us at Hotel And left us at the Airport to take the flight to Luxor. Always under Osama supervision, who took care of us like we were childrens.
Arriving in Luxor, we met Tony, the guide who would be with us since that moment untill when we left Aswan, flying back to Cairo. During all the time (Nile Cruise, Visits to Karnak And Luxor Temples, Valley of the Kings, Abu Simbel, Phillae Island, etc,) Tony was with us, giving all the information about each site And Support, including when we went to VODAFONE STORE, to searching for a solution for the phone card that we bought in the Luxor AirPort And wasn’t connecting anymore ( important advice: don’t buy vodafone simcard at Luxor Airport!!)
Then, we took the flight back to Cairo, where we spent our last day in Egypt. Is necessary to emphatize that during all our trip, Osama and his team had always supported all turist needs. Thanks to Osama, Mohamed, Masem, Tony, Ismael and the drivers, always polite, sympathetic and ready to help.
Congratulations for the profissionalism.

Date of experience: January 2019