“Good food, good value and very friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abou Alhassan Elshazly

Abou Alhassan Elshazly
Ranked #79 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: It's few blocks down South or The Luxor Temples off Mohamed Ferid Street. and not far from the Oasis Hotel.
Vienna, Austria
“Good food, good value and very friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

We just got into that place by accidentally and loved it. The very friendly and nice waiter first served us the warm light brown soft bread we love so much (in whole Egypt you mostly get the tasteless and sometimes mouldy pita bread). The food we had was great and tasted really like Egyptian food and not like the typical tourist trap tagines based on oil and tomatoes. The rice was cooked togehter with these fried pieces of spaghetti noodles like it should be - this looks nice and tastes nice! They serve Coca Cola in a glass bottle and not in a can which is also a big plus factor.
We really enjoyed everything there very much!
Unfortunately when you sit outside the traffic is really noisy and from outside the restaurant does not look as pleasant as it could look. The day after our visit of this restaurant we unfortunately ended up in the restaurant opposite next to Oasis Hotel, read my review about Sofra and you know that you should never judge a book by its cover...

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank silkebaron

Tampa, Florida
“Great food combined with great service & hospitality.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We ate dinner at this restaurant for the most part of our ten days in Luxor. The waiters,Chef and manager were always welcoming. They always have that big smile on their faces. The restaurant was always clean and presentable. The meals were always nice and warm. ,sometimes the chef would warm the flat breads,which I truly enjoyed.
They served, up a delightful house salad,and for the most part you get your moneys' worth of food.
When your meal came depending on your order,there were so many little bowls of different delicases for dipping that flat bread.
They always serve a soup and a lot of fresh lemon came on the side with it. You have to order water ,but my delight was the fresh sugar cane just across the street.
I was sick for a couple days from food I ate from friends. When they saw only my partner /spouse came to the restaurant,the chef enquired; Having learnt that I had stomach problem,he prepared a*Special Soup* and sent it to me a couple times with fresh lemon, and yes! it did help. When I was able to go back there they were so delighted to see me smiling again.
They do get customers there,as we observed,natives and foreigners like myself came in.
One evening we were eating and two ladies(foreigners) came in ,seemed so lost in what to order, they were looking at our plates and questioning my meal. That day I was having ,grilled chicken with french fries, and that house salad, and of course my sugar cane juice.
The ladies placed their orders and yes they ate and seemed to have enjoyed . The waiter was very patient with their slow moment to decide what to eat. Unlike places we have stopped in for a quick lunch,their public relations doesn't compare to this restaurant staff.
When the time allows. You bet I'll be back there again and I do wish them continued progress in business.

• Visited July 2011