“Mix feelings”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Mix feelings”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have always wanted to go to the temple of Ay
I was lucky enough to go this time or so I thought
All I wanted was to look around in peace and quiet I was the only there apart from the two security who talked through out my time there. I just wanted them to be quiet so I could soak up feeling and look at every picture in detail. When I asked them to be quiet they were quiet for 5 seconds then one of them started to follow me around. So I left. I left with a feeling of disappointment

Visited March 2013
1 Thank newcastlemiss003

Luxor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Valley of the Monkeys and Tomb of Ay”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Tickets from the Valley of the Kings Ticket Office then car up to the valley (unless you are fit enough to walk!). Guardian is collected en route and he will open the tomb and give you as much time as possible. But the utter, utter peace of the valley is wonderful. Complete silence which is difficult to comprehend in this day and age. The surroundings are stunning if you take time to sit and watch the colour changing on the rocks. Not on the usual "tourist" route but well worth a visit.

Visited March 2013
6 Thank MoonstoneLuxor
London, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Worth the bumpy ride”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Situated in a valley adjacent to the Valley of the Kings this is a very small tomb with a steep entrance (several sets of steps and ramps), but the small effort required is worth it for the commited egyptophile. The paintings that remain are fresh and well colloured.

The entrance ticket has to be bought at the Kings Valley ticket office and you may have to wait fore the guardian to unlock the toom or the exit of other visitors, but there are shady places to sit and wait. A few egyptian pounds may be required to 'tip' the guardian.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank jd2412
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“What a fantastic tomb!”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

For the sake of a few British pounds you can visit the tomb of Ay and it really is worth it. This was my fifth visit to the valley but my first to this tomb and even though the entrance/exit steps are numerous and steep its worth the effort, take your time with this tomb as its highly unlikely that anyone else will be there except the tomb guard. It is very similar to KV62 (Tuts tomb) so particularly nice to see if you have already visited Tut.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank DJ100_00
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“One of the best a must see”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Well what can I say, this tomb is seldom visited and it is such a pitty. You get an extra ticket at the V of the Kings and take a small taxi ride off a road neer the V of the Kings to pick up the caretaker. It has to be one of the best kept secrets, and most of all no turists. I would rather see this tomb than any other if I could only pick one.

Visited January 2013