We stayed at the Pavillon wing of the hotel, but had full access to the facilities there.
Soon as we walked in we were remembered by various members of staff which is very nice and always nice to be greeted by Front desk Manager Mr Fathy, on our visits to our second home !
We dined at the 1886 twice, first and last night and it's a great way to start and end a holiday in Luxor. We also used the Royal bar with the smoothing tunes from the piano player there, as is the guitar player in the 1886.
We had lunch a couple of times at the pool side restaurant set in the Winter Palaces lovely gardens which is a serene Oasis in the midst of Luxor.
High Tea was as usual of a high standard and served in the Victoria lounge which was once the Ballroom.
There is a computer with internet access for guests of the Winter Palace / Pavillon at the bottom of the stairs just off of the reception area. Wifi was available in the reception as well.
One small note of sorrow is that for our next visit is the Mr Kamal Bastawy the Conciergewill nolonger be there as he retires next month. We wish him all the best for the future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, ACCOR, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor