Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$50
US$38
US$30
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Al Hambra Hotel(Luxor)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$19
Priceline
1,275 results
All reviewswinter palaceroyal barhistoric hotelroyal suitegrand staircaseold palaceagatha christieking faroukhoward carterjacket and tiela cornichegarden viewsteeped in historycorniche restaurantswimming poolpool restaurantan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here in January 2013, but I'm just getting around to writing this review. It sounds as if things have deteriorated since then, but when we were there the place was still splendid. It was virtually empty, but working hard to keep up standards. The food and service were excellent, the quarters comfortable, even elegant. It is so sad what is happening to hard-working Egyptians in the tourist industry like the ones we met here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Porcophile
Osayed, General Manager at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear guests,
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to send us your feedback on tripadvisor. We are glad that you have enjoyed the charm of history, the service and the Sofitel Luxor Winter Palace location. It will be my pleasure to pass on your nice words to our colleagues.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back on one of your future trips to Egypt.
Best regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed in Winter Palace after booking the pavillion i upgraded at a surcharge to the Palace-I was there a few days after the clearing of Tahir square and local authorities clearly were worried it might spread to Luxor. The following morning an armed carrier was stationed out the front of the palace which I referred to as The hotel taxi.This seemed to amuse the egyptian soldier conscripts but annoyed the commanding sargent as I would ask what price to the airport.

The room was a Nile view room, large with balcony but badly in need of furnishing updates.Had free wifi which was pleasing as the Mena House in Cairo wanted 150le an hour.ouch!Breakfast was poor no buffet as booked which they replaced as so few guest with a la cart.The omlette was poor juice wasnt fresh and pastries were returned from the previous breakfast.The pool area is great and gardens superb.Lunch ok but better to head to kebab shops that serve delicious sea food and the best lamb ive tasted and im Austarlian -the country that rides on the sheeps back! Staff were always friendly and adored Mohamed - who informed me "he was the Butler and could do anything for me inside or out"-cute as a pugs ear.Id like to take him home and put him on my mantle piece.I was the only guest staying in the Palace.I was King Farouk!Any opportunity to get a discounted room Id recommend stayin.With so little open in the hotel paying anywhere near the rack rate cant be justiied.Shop around discounts available my room was close to 600LE a night with breakfast a fair price given hotel closures.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mishmishhabibi2013
Osayed, General Manager at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear guests, thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to send us your feedback on tripadvisor. We are glad that you have enjoyed the Nile view room, the service and the Sofitel Winter Palace location. It will be my pleasure to pass on your nice words to our colleague and we will take in consideration your comment about the buffet. We are looking forward to welcome you back on one of your future trips to Egypt.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have just returned from a three week holiday in The Old Winter Palace. As usual everything was perfect, my room was lovely over looking the Nile and was kept spotlessly clean by housekeeping staff who placed flowers on my bed each day and changed towels twice a day. The staff are lovely, very friendly and nothing is too much trouble.Enjoyed breakfast in the Corniche and lunch by the pool.A choice of juice was offerd around the pool in the morning as well as cold scented flannels and fruit salad. Luxor is struggling at the moment due to lack of tourists but it is a safe place to visit with no problems so I urge people to go. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JOHNO370

Dear guests, thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to send us your feedback on tripadvisor. We are glad that you have enjoyed the Nile view room, the service and the Sofitel Winter Palace location. It will be my pleasure to pass on your nice words to our colleagues and We are looking forward to welcome you back on one of your future trips to Egypt.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I know foreIgn office say not to go but I went and spent 2 weeks in the Pavillion in a room over looking the garden and swimming pools, the room was big with king size bed, bathroom was also big and I had a bathrobe and slippers, had a turn down service which was a nice touch and fresh towels every night, flowers on bed and also had flowers in a vase. House keeping kept the room clean each day. Breakfast was served in the Palace and you could have asked for anything as no buffet service due to low occupancy and staff very attentive nothing was too much trouble for them. Swimming pool was lovely and staff again were great. Eat lunch most days at poolside bar although expensive the food was good and big portions. Gardens were lovely

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Osayed, General Manager at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear guests,
thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to send us your feedback on tripadvisor. We are glad that you have enjoyed the Garden view room, the service and the Pavillon Winter location. It will be my pleasure to pass on your nice words to our colleagues and We are looking forward to welcome you back on one of your future trips to Egypt.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed in the Fabulous Hotel in Luxor while taking a Nile river cruise, its like stepping back in time such elegance the service was wonderful the room was very large and well appointed. The front of the Hotel faced the Nile and we looked the across the river to the Valley of the Kings, we woke early in the morning and saw several Hot Air Balloons quietly flying over the valley, the next day we joined them and it was a very exciting experience. The garden at the back of the Hotel has an excellent restaurant serving Egyptian style cuisine, also another serving Italian style cuisine,having a great meal it was lovely to stroll around the beautiful gardens.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of Hotel have a fabulous view of the Valley of the Kings
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet H

Dear guests,
thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to send us your feedback on tripadvisor. We are glad that you have enjoyed the room,the cuisines, the service and the Sofitel Winter Palace location. It will be my pleasure to pass on your nice words to our colleagues and We are looking forward to welcome you back on one of your future trips to Egypt.