This place is palatial. Though you can tell parts of the place are starting to look a bit worn. However, overall, it is an amazing luxurious hotel. When you arrive, you are brought a cold glass of hibiscus juice. From the stairs and chandeliers, to the grounds and abundant staff, you will really notice you are in a fancy place. And an expensive place.
I was able to be upgraded and the rooms are large - as is the bathroom. My room had a garden view - other rooms have a Nile view. Room had a small balcony.
Free wifi is available in the lobby,
The pool is nice - there is also a bar with hookah/shisha, massages, spa services etc. The price for massages and spa services were reasonable for a resort.
I was not there on an all inclusive package. The restaurants are SUPER expensive. I did not have breakfast - but the breakfast buffet is $28US.
Room service was nice.
The fancier restaurant (of the 2 that were open) is called "1886" - though that should really refer to the elevators. (if you have been here you will know what I mean)
Note: I normally never stay in luxury hotels, but was able to due to the lack of tourists in Egypt and the huge discounts hotels are offering. If you have yet to go to Egypt, now is the chance to go when the sites are free of tourists and everything is very cheap. And while you have to weigh the costs of supporting a dictatorship, remember most people had no problems visiting Mubarek's Egypt - and more importantly, so many people rely on tourism for their livelihood, that any tourism activity is going to make a huge difference to people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor