The Winter Palace is still the place to stay in Luxor, whether in the Old Building or the less expensive Garden Pavilion Wing. With the loss of the New Winter tower block and 180 bedrooms, prices have risen this year by quite an amount. Whether the management are trying to recoup the revenue loss by increasing the prices is debateable, but certain it is that most guests "in the know" now eat out at the many good restaurants locally, at half the price.
Having said that, the hotels central location cannot be beaten, and all the staff are still the same friendly and courteous people that they have always been.
We came back on Monday 19th October 2009 and have already booked to return in Sept/October 2010, as there is no place that we would rather be.
Osman2, Nailsea, North Somerset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor