From the moment my wife and I entered the hotel we were met and then looked after by courteous and delightful management and staff.
Our large room overlooking the gardens was quiet and with a balcony to sit and enjoy the view of those gardens. The sheets and pillow cases made going to bed a pleasure
The bar had old world charm, the Corniche restaurant was good and the 1886 restaurant excellent.
The gardens and swimming pools were lovely with excellent service from the restaurant and bars. The only downside was some young boys who shouted at each other and dived and jumped in the pool to the annoyance of some residents; there was no cautioning of them by hotel staff and the parents did little to discipline their children even though there were notices stating 'No Diving'.
And the young 'shoe shine boy' cleaned my shoes perfectly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor