I have just returned from the Pavillon Winter Palace Hotel (room 5015) after a glorious 10 days. I have stayed in this hotel over 23 times now and always look forward to returning. The staff in the Pavillon are really 1st Class - especially Mr Komaty in reception. (I apologise if I have spelt this wrong) He really is one of the most polite, friendly and helpful people I have come across in the hotel. He treats everyone the same and you will be sure of a warm welcome.
Nothing is ever too much trouble to him and any requests are actioned immediately.
The hotel itself has recently been refurbished, the rooms are quiet and spacious and all look over the gardens. This pavillon part of the hotel sits quietly behind the grand building of the Old Winter Palace and shares all the facilities. The gardens I mention are very impressive in size with mature trees dating back to the early 1900s. It is well tended and each morning you will see the team of gardners cutting the lawns and trimming the plants - being hot, the greenery does grow fast!
The pool area is a real treat, extensive with many areas whether you like sun or shade. Of course this is the best time to go as Luxor still remains fairly quiet.
Sitting on the front terrace and watching the sunset with a G&T in hand is rather magical - and if you like, you can have a nice dinner in the garden or one of the other restaurants before retiring to the Royal bar for a nightcap.
This hotel has it all, the history, the grandeur and the location, so it will come as no surprise it gets many return guests. I would not stay anywhere else in Luxor, it really is like 'home from home'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor