Me and my family stayed at the hotel for a week and we weren't disappointed. As previous reviews state, the grounds are shared with the more expensive Winter Palace and were well maintained and included a good choice of restaurants on site. The hotel was nearly through a full refurbishment and our rooms were newly carpeted with new tv's. The beds were comfortable and the staff helpful and polite. There was a decent enough choice at breakfast to keep you going and the location was excellent..5mins away from Luxor temple and 10-15mins from Karnak Temple. There was a Mcdonalds about 10mins away (good for a quick cheap bite) and close by to the old Souk. A taxi from the airport to the hotel should cost apprx 60-70 EP and 15-20 EP to Karnak temple.
As for Luxor itself we have all fallen in love with the city. After reading recommendations on here beforehand and getting prices for various excursions from the local travel agents we managed to get an excellent deal with Mr Hassany's Travel Agency (just along the street from the old winter palace hotel) which saved us plenty of money, the excursions were well organised with an air conditioned mini bus with just one extra traveller on our tour we practically had the tour guide to ourselves, who was both knowledgeable and well humoured. Many thanks to Mr Fox, Ahmed & Refi, for looking after us so well with some good old fashioned customer care. We thoroughly enjoyed Denderah, the tour of the West bank and would definitely recommend the hot air balloon ride which completed our trip perfectly.
We made many friends in Luxor on our short stay who showed us the 'real' egypt through their kindness and hospitality....a Big thankyou to Omar & Mohammed from the shop outside the hotel entrance!! And although the hustle and hassling of some of the taxi and calech drivers can be tiresome it is part and parcel of how traders work in countries like this. On the whole the historical landmarks and the people of Luxor make it what it is and we will definitely be going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor