“Great hotel and location.”
Review of Eatabe Luxor Hotel

Eatabe Luxor Hotel
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Scotland
“Great hotel and location.”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times during my 18 years traveling to Luxor, the rooms are lovely since they are all getting a makeover, food good and the pool is to die for, Aly is guest relations and is alway on hand to help if you need it.

Room Tip: If you like peace and quiet then ask for a garden room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wills01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
London
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have been lucky enough to stay at this hotel on many ocassions and was a little worried about recent reviews but I would like to say how impressed I am with the changes in this hotel, Yes some of the rooms could do with a lick of paint but they are slowly working their way round all of the rooms. The rooms are very clean with sheets and towels changed everyday. The staff are so helpful and nothing is a problem for them, they welcome you like long lost friends when you return and Ali makes the place really special. This hotel is in a fantastic location and with the changes to the Cornich outside, this will be the the Premier location to be in Luxor. Give this hotel a go and you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: There are some newly furbished rooms in the main wing but this can only be booked directly with the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
bournemouth
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Just got back from my third visit to the el luxor since my last visit the rooms have been modernised flat screen tvs kettles and new decor once again another great holiday thanks to the hotel would highly recommend it to anybody wanting a trip to Luxor

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Just got back from a weeks stay the hotel is in a great location friendly staff. i decided to treat myself to a massage and had my watch taken from my bag, the manager did come and see me but nothing was resolved and no apology.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank chuncky1970
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 February 2012

First time I went to Luxor in 1999 I stayed at El Luxor hotel. back then it was called Mercure Coralia but was better known among locals and taximen as Etab and still is today. When I get a taxi from Luxor airport even now I always say Etab.
From the outside it looks unimposing and even ugly.....but inside its a different story.
Its very spacious bright and welcoming. I 1999 the pool area and gardens were ok but too much greenery and not enough space. In the last few years much of the greenery has been cleared away and a beautiful lawn laid with palm trees and other shrubs dotted around.
The overall effect is a huge green oasis beside the large pool. Its heaven.
The bedrooms are in two areas...........one off from reception and the others are called the garden rooms. Its the garden rooms I always go for.......and are even cheaper than what are called the city view rooms. The rooms have all been given makeovers and are very taistfully furnished and are quite large. The hotel has lots of different dining options both inside and out ....my favourite being the Italian restaurant beside the pool.....where you can sit inside or outside. during the day you can order lovely snacks and cold drinks.
Breakfast at El Luxor/Etab is a joy.......everything you could want......the best in Luxor by far.
At the moment a lot of renovation is taking place outside the hotel but this does not cause any problem to guests.

Room Tip: Ask for the garden room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank dubliner007
scotland
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Having just spent two weeks here in January 2012 I would like to praise the hotel and it's staff for making my stay really enjoyable. I was in a party of seven which included 2 children. The staff were really friendly especially Ali, guest relations, for keeping the guest entertained with plenty of activities and Gabber at the bar for his really good service. The rooms were clean and tidy. Breakfast was basic but had plenty of it. Overall hotel is great and already booked to go back next year. Would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to go to Luxor. It has a great location facing the Nile just 5 min walk to Luxor temple and Luxor museum
The brown family
Scotland

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank chelle11
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We arrived in Egypt on a 19 day private tour (booked with El Sherif Tours) and stayed in El Luxor Hotel on the first night before boarding our cruise to Aswan. First impressions of the lobby and reception area were very good. Our room was on the second floor near the lift and I could hear the lift bell ringing all through the night every time someone stopped at our floor. The room itself was OK, although a little cold. Our view was to the side of the hotel and we had a small balcony with Nile view to the right. The bathroom was clean but looking well used and ready for refurb but everything worked well. We ate at a different restaurant with our guide so didn't sample the restaurant food on our first night.

We were up very early for a trip the next morning and saw the spectacular sunrise from the restaurant. The breakfast buffet selection was superb and there was a chef at the egg station who cooked us lovely omelettes. The waiter regularly came to see if we wanted refills of tea/coffee (we were the only people in the restaurant at 6 am). The breakfast was the highlight of the hotel for me! We checked out early so didn't see much of the hotel's facilities.

We went on a 4 night Nile cruise then stayed in Aswan at the Iberotel for a night then returned to El Luxor for two further nights and used it as a base whilst doing other trips. On the first night, the place was very quiet. We went to the Italian Restaurant by the pool which looked beautiful lit up at night. We ordered pizza which was acceptable but I've had much better - wouldn't order it again to be honest. We'd asked our guide to request a room on a higher floor away from the lift so we weren't disturbed all night and we were given room 601 which is on the top floor but still quite close to the lift. The room was freezing cold and there is no heating - only air conditioning that doesn't heat the rooms - so I put extra blankets on the bed and wrapped up well when not in bed. The bathroom was disappointing and worse than the first room we'd had. The toilet didn't flush properly and took a long time to refill, the sink was very slow to drain and the shower pressure was poor. The view from the room was much better than the first room as we were directly opposite the Nile. However I think I'd rather have the better bathroom and disturbed sleep from the second floor room.

We were disappointed with breakfast the next morning - having had such a pleasant experience on our first visit, we found the choice to be more limited and there was no egg station this time. Maybe there were fewer guests staying the second time around. What we did have was good though.

We ate in the 24 hr restaurant to the left of reception in the evening and ordered chilli & rice off the daily special menu which was delicious and well presented. I'd definitely eat in that restaurant if I were to return.

We had a late check out because we were doing an early morning hot air balloon ride at 6 am with Dream Balloons (highly recommended!) Our guide met us after our balloon ride and collected a breakfast box from our hotel for us which we enjoyed. We had 2 hours spare time when returning so packed then spent an hour on the sunbeds by the pool. It's a shame we didn't have time to use the pool because it's heated and looked so inviting! It's the only pool we found whilst in Egypt to be heated - all the others were freezing cold.

All in all, the El Luxor is good value for money and I would stay there again although reading other reviews, I'd probably request a room in the new wing and forego the Nile view (we didn't get chance to see much of it anyway as we were in our rooms for such a short time during our stay - it was really just a base for us).

Room Tip: Request a room away from the lift because bells are noisy and sound all night when someone stops at...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple