“LUXOR IS SAFE TO GO TO”

Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“LUXOR IS SAFE TO GO TO”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have travelled to Luxor a number of times and i go alone as a single female traveller. This hotel is perfect for me as it has everything i need. Good sized rooms that are cleaned everyday. I had a Nile room and the views are stunning, i would often sit on my balcony and just watch the world go by. So peaceful and calm . Everyone is so lovely and freindly, i would not dream of going anywhere else.
This is my therapy for 2 weeks every year as my work life is stressful in the UK. Out and about , i saw no evidence of trouble ANYWHERE!!. Luxor is peaceful and i am looking forward to the next time i go there in April/May 2014.

Room Tip: Nile rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Diane L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
Burnley. Lancashire. England
Reviewed 26 September 2013

After the disappointment of last time, we were happy to fine that the hotel had. Good climbed back to its original status. Happy atmosphere, clean rooms, good standard all round.During this visit we had numerous conversations with the overall boss and found him to be down to earth, with good ideas and willing to listen to others.. I was very pleased to see Ali and the staff again.
David and I will be back again for our 14th stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but the Nile view ones are the best.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wynne B
PP
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. This place appears to be an old Mercure. The room had a view of the Nile though the view I had at the Iberotel was better (The Iberotel is on the river; this place is across the road.) This place has a very large, clean pool. I had one meal in the restaurant which was OK. One morning, after I ate breakfast, I was told by the Staff that if I left the property I should go with a tourist police guy who was at the hotel waiting for me. It was a Friday and I later heard on the news that there was some issue about possible protests that day although nothing happened. Nonetheless, I refused the offer to be escorted since I had no idea who the man was. Too many people in Luxor are desperate for some income and a few of them are quite aggressive and nasty in their tactics. As well, near the pyramids in Giza I encountered a man falsely claiming to be police in order to get customers for his chariot thing. Not that it's the hotel's fault but I would recommend against Luxor for now as the temples are all closed anyways. If one wants go to Egypt Sharm has no issues, some very good deals, and the locals are trained not to pester the tourists.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael M
Hull, England
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Have lost count of how many times I have stayed at this hotel since 2001, each time I visit it is just as good as the previous times! Even though all Charter flights have been cancelled from the UK, managed to fly in on Egyptair via Cairo. The staff were so happy to see me return as they weren't sure I would be able to get there.
Checked in just before midnight with a welcome drink of karkadeh waiting for me. Had a nile view room in the old block (my normal room actually), as the new block was closed. Wonderful views of the Nile especially at sunset, it is absolutely stunning! Room was spotless, bedding & towels changed every morning whilst I was at breakfast. Breakfast was plentiful. The boys where out each morning cleaning the pool ready for us all to swim. The staff at the poolside bar were wonderful always keeping me supplied with cold drinks throughout the day. Ate in the Champolion Coffee Shop some nights when I didn't want to go out which was lovely, food freshly cooked and piping hot when served.
Out and about in Luxor I never encountered any problems, felt totally safe, especially since the army where positioned at numerous points around the city. The people of Luxor are really struggling to survive due to the lack of tourists but they always have a smile for you - a smile costs nothing! I pray that the tourists DO come back as soon as possible for these hardworking people who just want to earn a living to be able to look after their families.

Room Tip: Get a Nile view room for stunning views across the Nile especially at sunset.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Stef075
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I do not know who doesnt like this hotel?

We spent two nights there.
The staff are very friendly and helpfull.
The room was comfortable, and clear, just like the hotel.
We had a Nile side room, so the view is amazing
The breakfast is perfect. The garden and the pool is also very nice.
Good point to start visit the city.

We got a great offer, so the cost is free for this value.

What can I say? I can just reccomend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lzsolt
Luxor, Egypt
Reviewed 25 August 2013

actually i'm a backpacker traveller from luxor,but i live in cairo now . i visited many countries around the world.and personal personal opinion about el luxor hotel :very very nice location,just a 20 minutes from Luxor airport.the hote is very clean,Very quiet and you feel comfortable and Recreation there,Room cleaned daily via room service.anyway i think this hotel one of the best hotel in luxor.but some staff need to take training courses in: the art of dealing with guests, but not all staff.
this is my personal opinion, quite frankly

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank punisherbb
Traralgon, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The el Luxor is a large hotel that is very comfortable with lots of facilities. The swimming pool and surrounds are lovely. The rooms are spacious and comfortable but the air conditioning in our room could have worked better. They seem to turn it off in the early hours of the morning so it did get uncomfortable to sleep. There were not too many tourists travelling so some of the other restaurant options the hotel offers were closed.

Room Tip: Higher floors get great views of the Nile
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple