“Location, location, location...”

Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Location, location, location...”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

There is one thing that everybody mentions when talking about this hotel, that is how good the location is. Asked for a room with a Nile view , and room 302 was my home for the week. Have been to Luxor before without my husband on a few occasions, and this hotel has friendly staff, and the rooms are very clean and provide great views of the Nile and everyday life outside if the hotel.

The African Film Festival was being held while I was there, and even though there was entertainment in reception, I had no noise in my room.

Breakfast is served overlooking the frontage of the hotel, where you can watch the world go by at your leisure. A good range of food is provided, and a pot of tea provided for me each morning, when they realised that was my selected tipple.

Location is so good, and a very short walk to the ferry crossing to the West Bank. As a postscript, on my return to the UK, found I had left my camera at the hotel . Guest Relations Manager, Aly, soon located it for me, the staff there are truly wonderful. A fellow guest agreed to bring the camera back to me on her return.

Thank you to everyone involved with this lovely hotel . I will be back, as many return visitors are.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Annabel054

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
glasgow
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Just back having stayed at El luxor hotel it is a beautiful hotel sitting across from the nile,rooms are very nice and ally the guest relation is very helpful,the rest of the staff are nice also I would not hesitate to go back again as there is no trouble there and they are looking for tourists to go back again hopefully things will pick up and people will go back it's a beautiful place to see

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank terry-TRIP
Hull, England
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed here for 4 weeks in January (it is my usual hotel). Everything was wonderful as usual, lovely room with bedding & towels changed daily.
Breakfast was plentiful as normal with a wide variety of food to choose from.
I ate in the hotel on numerous evenings and the food was freshly prepared with a good choice from the menu. A couple of nights had the evening buffet which was piping hot and again a good choice of dishes to choose from.
All the staff were brilliant as normal from the cleaners through to the staff at breakfast, dinner, reception and the bar.
If I had any problems (which I didn't) I had numerous managers I could call on for assistance if needed, plus Aly who is Guest Relations was always on hand if I needed anything.
I travelled alone this trip and did not feel in anyway scared or hesitant about going out of the hotel on my own whether is was during the day or at night.
Everyone outside was happy to see me back (because of my numerous visits they don't really class me as a tourist anymore). You do get the guys shouting Taxi, Caleche etc but just say La Shukran (no thankyou) and you will be fine.
I will be returning next month to stay at the hotel for 4 nights before I move into my flat as I will be living in Luxor. Basically can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Stef075
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Just stayed for one night but very nice, clean rooms. Obviously once a very nice hotel. Now a little let down, probably because tourism as a whole is suffering with Egypt's current situation. The room had a small balcony with view to the Nile. In the early morning you can see the balloons over the desert and the mountains light up with the sun, very beautiful. All clean and nice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MariaAlejandra201362
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This was a nice, clean hotel. The lobby is beautiful, all in marble and the pool is amazing as well. The view is of the Nile and the desert behind it. In the early mornings we saw hot air balloons from our balcony. The beds were VERY soft. I enjoyed that but I know some people found them too soft. The food was okay, the same as most other hotels in Egypt, buffet style. Only thing that I would not recommend is the alcohol. We ordered some tequila at the bar and it was WATER! We were so angry the manager paid us back and gave us free drinks so it made up for it. Stores are close by and it is in a nice location. Overall I would definitely go back to this hotel. Luxor is beautiful and I really enjoyed myself.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amanda M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Located just in the middle of everything..There's a market area nearby & lots of temples just around the corner..Wonderful Nile view from the rooms..Staff are helpful..Helped us in booking a hot air balloon ride.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Yas G
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Very well recommended. This is a great hotel that demonstrates having lived its glory days. It has a large lobby, 3 or 4 restaurants, bank for money exchange and ATM, travel agent and good security. The breakfast is excellent, with very good opening time. We booked a room overlooking the pool and they offered us one with a view of the Nile by the same value. The room was superb. The only thing I can complain about is that it offers wi-fi only in reception, but it definitely was not a problem.

Room Tip: The Nile view is very special, I recommend.