“Happy with the hotel”
Review of Eatabe Luxor Hotel

Eatabe Luxor Hotel
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Quiet hotel ideally situated on the Corniche so handy for walking out to look at the Nile. Staff, Ali in particular, (but where did he disappear to?) were helpful except the Reception staff could do with some language skills in an International hotel. Food, so-so but up to expectations.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eveleen75

Reviewed 3 February 2011

Stayed there during christmas holidays 2010. The best thing about this hotel has to be the location. Bang in front of river nile & very close to local shops and museums, its right on Cornish El Nile St. The hotel itself is excellent and with Beautiful rooms and fantastic swimming pool.
Not as costly but still as trendy as the best in Luxor, this property is specially designed for business and family travellers . Rooms are good, breakfast is amazing and the location is fantastic. I am definitely going to stay here again, the next time I visit Luxor.
Special Credit to Abdel...Man in charge of 1st floor restaurant for great service.
Big thankyou from Khuzaima and family from Manchester UK

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank uk2cairo
Reviewed 27 January 2011

This hotel deserves more credit than it gets.As a single traveller I found the warmth and friendlieness of the staff to be exactly what I needed.A special mention should be given to Aly,customer services manager, who is incredibly helpful and willing to sort out problems that are not even related to the hotel.
Ok so some of the rooms are a bit "tired" but there is an ongoing refurbishment program.The location is excellent ,convenient for shopping and sightseeing without being in the middle of the noise of the city.Excellent Nile views.
Now planning my return visit !

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank hobbit65
Reviewed 21 January 2011

i have been to luxor for manys years now, but this time has put me off! when we 1st arrived they showed us to our room which had 2 single beds, we required 1 double bed with cot for our 20 month old son. so 30mins later we was showed to another room with 2 single beds they said they will move us in the morning so we agreed and pushed our beds together which was so uncomfortable. we put our son in the cot which had a big hole in the side and the matress which was very high which my son feel out of on to his head, i was not inpressed told reception who said they could not do nothing till the next day!!!! next day we was moved to another room which was ok but to be honest was SHABBY. We had a great time untill one morning we took £40.00 out of our room to be changed and realised £260.00 had been stolen which left us with no money for the rest of our holiday, we informened reception, managment who said to me "what do you expect me to do" and then he started to questioning me raising his voice and pointing his finger in my face making out as i was lying!!!! we then informed the tourist police and our rep who was totally usless. People outside the hotel told us that there had been money stolen out of the rooms before. So this hotel is a no no never again dont go there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank katief84
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We did enjoy our stay at the Luxor Hotel. First at all if you have toddlers or preschoolers traveling with you, this hotel provides enough things to keep your kid occupied. It has a small but nice play area with a mini golf. The swimming pool is nice but they do not have a kiddos s. pool. The new rooms are amazing, but the old ones are not so good. We booked a room according to the pics we so online, but when we got there they gave us 2 rooms in the old section of the hotel. Never than less my husband went to the front desk to let them know this was not what we paid for, but the manager was incredible! Very nice and friendly and he gave us a junior suit! wow we were not expecting that. The food was amazing, the staff was more than I was expecting, and they do love and welcome children!!!
Anyways, this is a great hotel and a good value for your money!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank TheLarsenFamily
Reviewed 13 January 2011

The El Luxor hotel is right on the Nile and close to all the museums and other attractions.
It can be noisy if your room is overlooking the Nile but the view over to the West Bank makes it worthwhile. I loved the swimming pool with the complimentary towels and breakfast was amazing - that really set me up for the whole day. I found it to be excellent value for money. All the staff were very helpful and never hassled anyone unlike all the caleche and felucca men outside. The only downside was the building work outside at the time of my visit. I'd certainly recommend this hotel and city to anyone. From the tombs of the West Bank, to the Luxor Museum, Temple and Karnak Temple there's so much to see and do.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank JohnnyBManchester
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Firstly a mention for Ali, front of house Reception Manager, who was courteous helpful and eager to be of any assistance, he seemed genuine in wanting my stay at the El luxor to be a good one, and it was. Thank you Ali

I went primarily to rest as having been to Luxor many times didnt feel need to shop and spectate etc, ... and all i did was read listen to music and sleep so guess easily pleased, but this hotel kinda lends itself to relaxing, i didnt get any hassle in hotel except a young guy in shop area who seemed more interested in me obtaining him a MP3 player for some strsnge reason, but we in the west are considered almost millionaires bu most working egyptians, so perhaps apt that we get hassle which i expect as part of holiday experience....

one tip for first time holiday makers to luxor, if you wish to avoid a torrent of "please buy in my shop, can you read letter for me, remmeber me " etcj say firnly that you have visited luxor many times!!!!! it appears to do the trick and folk back off

This is not Disney land so please dont going with those type of expectations, its Egypt magical mysterious and excitement, go for it, throw your up tight inhibitions away, but also hold on to your sanity hehe

Ffood in hotel god overall, Ali the waiter great so never short of a full cup of tea, Mohamed who makes OMelettes may look stern but warm funny man.

Pool loveky and clean, Gardens Gorgeous, ok its a little dated and jaded here and there, but remember tends to be mid price range in Luxor hotels, and if you want 4 5 star luxury they do exist up the road, but to my taste lack ambience,

No such nightlife, so disco seekers beware, as you should also beware of gigolos, Luxor and NOT hotel is crawling with young men basically just after money , so girls beware..

Vist all the tourist hot spots independantly if you can, cheaper and you are in control more of time, taxis around £1 sterling one way of corniche, and a fellucia can be sort for a little as 31 for 30 mins, but please only go inthem if horse seeems to be well looked after and loved......
The souk can be rather insulting and abusive in a way, so i personally avoid, if you find a taxi driver you can trust, book him for youry agree fixed fee fronm the start and you may well find it so much cheaper....
As you have guessed im both a fan of luxor and Hotel El luxor

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo