Free cancellation until 21/07
US$37
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$42/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$70
US$50
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

US$89
US$79
Priceline
US$232
US$107
Hotels.com
1,596 results
All reviewssundowner baropet restaurantmoorish cafenile cruisewest banktaxi drivermercure luxorlarge poolbuffet stylemain restaurantpool sidewatch the sunsetsecond weekeach eveningcleaned every dayboat ridepool staff
Reviewed 9 December 2013

In ideal location near to lots of sites of interest. it has everything and more you could want for a perfect, peaceful holiday.
Customer service excellent, staff so friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone wanting an insight into old and new Egypt. +++++++

Room Tip: Look beyond the fact that this is a 3rd world country and you will see such beauty.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ringo247
SofitelKarnak, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very much appreciated to review your comments regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Luxor Karnak. It is always a pleasure to receive client’s feedback.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

ideal location, quiet situation with fantastic views of the Nile from the beautiful gardens. Nice room although not massive, no free wifi in room although it was in the lobby.
dining room was superb as was the breakfast, could have stayed for longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank desmo666
SofitelKarnak, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We are very delighted to review your comments regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Karnak-Luxor. It is always a pleasure to receive client's feedback.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have just returned from a trip to Luxor and the Wonderful Sofitel. The hotel and staff were fantastic as always even with the small numbers of holiday makers they still put on a great menu and choice in more intimate surroundings. We visited the Luxor sites and have never felt safer. We were welcomed warmly and looked after by everyone we met and the reduced visitors gave us time to explore and enjoy the temples at our own pace.

I would recommend now as a good time to travel, we found it safe, relaxing and enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank lisa t

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Although the hotel was very sparse and a few of the areas were closed (pool bar, one of the restaurants) or had limited hours (spa, salon, Shisha lounge, gift shops) due to the current political situation in Egypt and the almost non-existent tourism, the hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rosebudg8tr
SofitelKarnak, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My average rating of this hotel is mainly due to the present situation and not necessarily the same at any other time.
I stayed here from 19 September to 12 October 2013. I was expecting so much from what I have read from Tripadvisor. Unfortunately, due perhaps to the political situation in the whole of Egypt, many tour groups stayed away and thereby, most of the hotel's amenities were closed for lack of guests. I can not fault the hotel as it is indeed very costly to maintain the integrity of the management of the hotel this large. On a day-to-day basis, guests come and go and there usually between 6 and 25 guests at a time. Going back to my disappointment, I was looking forward to the breakfast and dinner buffet layout at the Opet Dining Room but to my exasperation, I never got the chance to experience it even seeing the inside of this dining room that they were talking so much about in reviews. The staff try to make the guests' stay comfortable as possible regardless of the lack of amenities. Kudos to Laurice and Mariam at Reception for being very professional and for keeping me engaged in conversations as there is hardly anyone to talk around. The other staff at Reception or perhaps from inside the office seem to be on their own little cloud and hardly acknowledge greetings. They show so much misery if not boredom. Unbelieveable! The gardens and the huge swimming pools of Sofitel Karnak are exceptionally well-kept regardless of use and my housekeeping men, Ebeed and Mohamad kept my room spic and span everyday. Daily breakfast served at the O'Nile is okay but the dinner fare was really disappointing. They charge you buffet price regardless. I would not mind ''a la carte'' order but they don't seem to prepare much for this so, no choice. The situation in Cairo is probably doing so much harm to the people of Egypt especially those who are depending so much on tourism. All I can say is: COME BACK TO EGYPT! IT IS SAFE! THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE OF EGYPT AWAIT YOU!

WillyQT, Toronto

Room Tip: Choose the ground rooms with the wider French doors as they are brighter. The other choice has its own sofa but the room is too dark and not too cosy to utilise. Something you can do without.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo