Free cancellation until 28/07
US$37
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$45/night.

US$53
Priceline
US$232
US$147
1,596 results
All reviewssundowner baropet restaurantmoorish cafenile cruisewest banktaxi drivermercure luxorlarge poolbuffet stylemain restaurantpool sidewatch the sunsetsecond weekeach eveningcleaned every dayboat ridepool staff
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I only stayed here one night as part of a travelling tour and found my stay to be ok.
I was greeted with a refreshing drink upon arrival and a porter helped me with my bag and showed me to my room.
As a solo traveller I tend to frequent adult only hotels for this reason. Children scream. A lot. I had a room with a view of the pool and all I could hear was screaming children.
I considered going down to the buffet restaurant for dinner but when I got to the lobby there were children everywhere, running around screaming. I know it's not the hotel's fault but it still made me pick up a room service menu and head on back to my room.

The room service itself did come very quickly and considering I'm one small girl, they gave a A LOT of food. This made me happy haha! I had order the spaghetti bolognaise which had a nice Egyptian spice to it, what turned out to be a huge chocolate mousse with chocolate shavings and a complimentary bread basket with about 5 different breads inside!

The room itself is pretty basic, with 2 beds that I pushed together, a desk and a mini fridge. The bathroom wasn't really luxurious and I tried not to spend long in the shower as the bath didn't feel all that stable.

Overall it was an ok stay, but I probably wouldn't stay here for more than 1 night.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Galal R, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Guest,

We are very much appreciated to review your comments regarding your recent stay at Mercure Luxor Karnak. It is always a pleasure to receive client’s feedback.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My stay at mercure luxor was very good.
Great view over Luxor Nile.
Amazing garden around the place.
Food wasn't bad but no variety.
No animation team.
Internet limited to the main hall.
Not provide all inclusive option.
It's good choice if you looking for a place to relax, enjoy the Nile view and spend most time outdoors visits.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Galal R, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stayed here one night as part of 2 day trip to Luxor, the 1st room we were given ( there was 3 of us) had 2 single beds and a put you up bed, the put you up bed was old and tatty - coming apart at the seams, the room was only set up for two people - 2 towels, 2 cups etc, crockery was dirty, complimentary tea and coffee had not been replenished, the patio door lock was broken, we did report these issues to reception and were moved to another room which was marginally better, however the bath which you stood in to shower was unsafe and unleval- felt as though it could go through at anytime, around the plug hole was horrible white gunk. The hotel itself was extremely quiet, when we went for our evening meal the large restaurant was empty apart from maybe 6 tables at most, the food offered was tepid at best, and bland - not enjoyable, breakfast the next morning was not much better, come on Mercure get your act together!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adviser58
Galal R, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Guest,

let me seize this opportunity to thank you for choosing Mercure Luxor Karnak to spend your recent holiday. We are greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of standards.

Many thanks for your comments, it is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be at Mercure Luxor Karnak with a lot of improvements as you expect.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Great outdoor garden and pool.
Nice view of the great Nile river as hotel is along the river bank.
Wide selection of buffet breakfast.
Very friendly and accomodating staff.
Bathroom is dirty. Badly needs updating.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maggie_1923
Galal R, General Manager at Mercure Luxor Karnak, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is lovely, it is situated nicely on the Nile and not too far out of town. The gardens and swimming pool are attended to daily and kept to a very good standard. The rooms are nice and are cleaned on a daily basis by some very friendly people. The food is excellent, always laid out in a help yourself buffet style, if there's something different you would like, the chef is always happy to cook you something special. All the staff are very friendly, attentive, and always keen to make sure your happy and have everything you need. All in all a very nice hotel. We had a lovely and relaxing 2 week stay. Only negatives are that the Wi-Fi is only available in the hotel lobby, and the outside of the building could do with a bit of TLC. It is safe to travel here, security is high. Don't be put off by news reports.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert D

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Luxor Karnak.

Galal ROUCHDI