Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor
US$18
Hotel Sheherazade(Luxor)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$235
Cleopatra Hotel Luxor(Luxor)(Great Value!)
US$16
US$39
US$34
Travelocity
2,275 results
All reviewsinfinity poolla fleurprivate islandascot barclassical musicbird lifefrench restauranttennis courtsmain restaurantwest bankfree busbit datednile cruisepeace and quiettour operatorhotel groundswatch the sunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2012

marvellous position on the Nile. Beautiful deluxe rooms. Very friendly competent staff. Great food in La Fleur restaurant.

nancy and jim scotland

Room Tip: deluxe rooms are worth the extra money as they are spacious and bright
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nancy186534
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Nancy185634 from Glasgow,

It was a great pleasure to have you staying at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor once again as so many times before. Thank you very much as well for your comments on Tripadvisor which will help many future clients in their decision.

I agree fully with you, the Deluxe Rooms (extra USD 40.-) and the Superior Deluxe Rooms (extra USD 60.- per room per night) are worth while the money. For this king of money one would have to search hard to find similar Rooms anywhere in Europe, not to mention the splendid view’s!

Wishing you all the best and already looking forward to welcome you back home at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor next year.

Sunny regards from unique & peaceful Luxor

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We have stayed at this beautiful hotel during Christmas 2011, it was such a lovely vacation, the hotel staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel itself is as great as the reviews show. The food was tasty with many varieties, the kids corner is a plus.
The infinity pool is wonderful, my kids enjoyed their stay very much. Luxor is a very beautiful city and Jolie ville is the place to stay there.
Thank you Jolie ville Luxor and we hope to come back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Soha S

Dear Soha S from lovely Alexandria Egypt,

Thank you very much for your visit at the Jolie Ville over last Christmas and the very positive Tripadvisor rating, especially for mentioning how children friendly our Hotel is. Kings Island is indeed a splendid place for families with kids as the entire island is a huge open space and all flat, hence very safe and good fun.

We are looking very much forwards to welcome you back with your family in the near future and remain with,

Sunny regards from unique & fantastic Luxor

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed at the Jolie Ville last summer and I am going again this summer. The room (the older ones) was great and surrounded by the most beautiful vegetation. The location is second to none and the actual complex was superb. The pools were beautiful and the breakfast was great particularly as you have the most pictoresque view across the Nile.Everything is on your doorstep - The Valley of the Kings, Karnak Temple, Luxor temple etc.. The Jolie Ville is a great retreat after the hectic pace of Luxor. As I went in August, I did my trips very early in the morning and spent the rest of my day at the wonderful complex by the pool where the staff waited on me and nothing was too much for them. I went as a single traveller but felt so welcome. I was happy to leave tips for the superb staff who really made my holiday. I am returning this year with my sister, I can't wait!
I have seen some not so good reviews about this hotel to which I am unable to relate- this place is wonderful!!!!! Thanks Jolie Ville!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank suelondon61

Dear SueLondon61 from London,

Thank you very much for having visited the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor in summer 2011 and for planning to return this year. Returning to Kings Island the following year is probably The Best and Nicest compliment you can make us! It’s a great motivation as it is proof we did something right!

Traveling to Luxor in the summer months is for sure special but the temperatures do not at all feel as high as they look. 45̊ degrees in the desert, because of the dry air feel like 32̊ degrees in humid Europe. It is of course a good idea to visit the temples and sites as early in the mornings as possible and most important take always sufficient water with onto the excursion.
Afternoons are just made for lazy sunlounging, relaxation and fun around one of our 3 fantastic pools overlooking the Nile and West Bank.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island together with your sister in the coming summer.

Sunny regards from unique Luxor

Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel is worth visiting for it's location alone. Having breakfast on the banks of the Nile was a beautiful start to the day. The rooms are spacious and the level of cleanliness throughout the hotel was excellent. Three excellent pools (one adults only) the horizon and infinity pools were fantastic. The grounds of the hotel are extensive, with a wide variety of trees, plants, flowers and an outstanding variety of birds to be seen. From pick up at the airport (arranged by e-mail with the hotel) until the moment we left the welcome, professionalism and friendliness of all staff shone through. Nothing was too much trouble, I would especially like to thank Moussa who works in the main restaurant for making us so welcome, his dedication and hard work to make sure we were happy was second to non. We travelled with my 11 year old son who has rated this his best holiday ever. We are already looking at flights for next year and look forward to visiting this fantastic hotel for years to come.

Room Tip: Book a Nile view room the small extra cost is well worth it. E-mail the hotel direct from their website with any questions they answered within 24 hours.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Bradbubble
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear Bradbubble from Nottigham UK,

Thank you very much for choosing the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for your family holiday in Luxor this month!

We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed the Hotel and services provided. Special thanks to your son for his generous evaluation and approval, he is definitely our target client and if he is happy we are as well!

Yes, for Nile-View Rooms we charge an extra of USD 25.- per room per night. Please contact us upfront if you want to be sure to get one, as numbers are limited.

Sunny regards from unique & peaceful Luxor

Reviewed 14 February 2012

First note to Urs Umbricht
General Manager: I dont think you should be offended by previous comments as I find it Really thoughtfull of you to read the comments and welcoming people over and over again. Taking time to do that and writing back shows your care about the hotel; and is one of the things that encouraged me to come over and for first time write a review.!

Reading the reviews I have been encouraged to try it especially that I have been amazed by Maritim jolie ville golf resort in Sharm el sheikh by their friendliness and especially my husband and myself had just been married ( we are egyptians); they gave us a free upgrade. Unfortunately at so many hotels in Touristic areas give such attention and care to foreigners only but i didnt feel this way at Sharm golf resort.
Since its valentine; I thought it would be a great idea to have this gift for my husband so will be checking in on 15th Feb and really looking forward to it.

I do admit responses were a bit delayed in beginning which made me book with thomas cook however later the responses were prompt when i asked about any available packages. I would have loved to try the romantic package avaialble as i had a similar one at sharm and I recommend anyone to try it ; however unfortunately i am a bit out of budget.

The only thing thats making me sad is i would have loved to stay at a room with a Nile view to have this romantic time with my husband however it was told to me later its with an extra supplement and charge even for egyptians which felt weird to me althoguh might be better for their business.

I have read in rooms about free upgardes and I do hope tomorrow I can get one ! maybe lucky enough to make this Surprise gift to my husband a special one...

I will make sure to write the review when I am back ....

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Pinkie Hearts from Alexandria Egypt,

Thank you very much for your lovely and encouraging Tripadvisor comment. You truly made my day! It is not always easy living & working in a “glass house” where just anybody can judge upon you and your daily work. Therefore your motivation is highly appreciated.

Thank you as well for staying with us right now! Please come and ask for me at the Reception, I’d appreciate to welcome and great you in person.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your previous stays in our sister Hotels in Sharm El Sheik, they do indeed a great job and try like all of us our utmost to make our esteemed client’s holiday’s very special and relaxing days.

With regards to free upgrades; this is a very delicate theme. I do understand that in a clients view it seems no problem and “why not?” to be upgraded free of charge if a higher category room is vacant and available.
Form a sales & business point of view although it looks very different, not only because controlling becomes an issue but as well clients habits; “I got a foc upgrade last time why not this time?”
I strongly believe in clear and straight forward business which does not leave any gaps for misunderstandings and possible errors which again will lead to unhappy and malcontent clients.
For Egyptian Nationals we have, like all other Hotel in Egypt, lower rates for standard rooms. The thinking behind these lower rates is to make overnights more affordable as we know salaries in Egypt are much lower than in other counties where our usual tourist are coming from.
If although an Egyptian National wishes for more luxury and comfort, (higher category of room) such extra luxury has to be paid for in the same way as anybody.

In all hotels all over the world their different room categories & price levels, often only because of the location of the room. Mountain View, Sea View, Eifel Tower View etc. In our hotel it is the “Nile View” which costs extra 25.- USD per night per room.

I am looking forward to meet with you and remain with,
Sunny regards from unique Luxor