“Great Hotel for a one week get-away”

Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Antwerp, Belgium
“Great Hotel for a one week get-away”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one week in April. The hotel is located on its own island. The hotel facilities are immaculately clean, spacious and beautiful. You can make a nice walk around the island, surrounded by the Nile, it feels like a little paradise. The hotel staff is very polite and due to the hotels good security policy there is no risk of being hassled or anything. You can just enjoy your holiday and choose yourself if you want to go into Luxor and the historical sites or not.

The room was spacious and modern, with a nice terrace. Housekeeping did a good job every day. Great service from the hotel: my girlfriend thought the mattress was a bit too hard and the same day we were brought a softer one. The room had everything we could wish for. We had a room in one of the newer blocks.

The food, nothing too special but there was enough variety. Some small 'complaints': the music in the buffet-restaurant: all week it was the same boring classical music with some German voice in between the 'songs'.. The service around the restaurant was in general good but it depended a little bit on who your waiter is for the evening and how experienced he is. Also the quality of the lunch was a bit different between the various lunch-places. These minor points make me doubt on giving the hotel a 4.5 stars but all the positive points on this hotel make me stick to the 5 star rating.

Eating outside with view on the Nile is a great experience. Just as just hanging in the infinity pool and watch all the boats and birds pass by on the Nile.

We enjoyed some massages and the fitness was very modern. That the hotel has its own zoo is also very nice and certainly worth a visit. The overpriced WiFi is often one of the things I hate in hotels so I may also not forget to mention that the WiFi in this hotel is free! The connection in the room was not always stable but for example in the nice lobby area it was very fast.

One thing to mention, which is outside of the hotels control, but one of the shopkeepers in the hotel was very friendly to us and we bought some nice souvenirs from him at good prices. Unfortunately we exchanged phone numbers and now 3 months later he is still harassing my girlfriend with messages and calls.. Kinda creepy. It seemed harmless at the time because he only wanted to send a picture he took with his cellphone or something but it was stupid from us to give him any phone number.. just be warned.

But back to the hotel: amazing location, amazing facilities, amazing views, good food and good staff.

Especially now when so many people are avoiding the touristic areas in Egypt (I really do not understand why, the weather is great, you can have the touristic sites practically for yourself and it is completely safe!) this is the moment to enjoy very good deals for your holiday. When going to Luxor I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the rooms on the newer side of the hotel. They seemed a bit more spacious than the older...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CoolWater82
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear CoolWater82 from Belgium,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor during last April and for having taken the time to write such a nice comment on TripAdvisor.

I am already very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay on the island and that you were generally satisfied with our services. I do really appreciate your praise to my team, who will be very happy upon passing the message to them.

With regards to your observations about the waiters service quality, I already had my word with their chef, who will conduct a special training for unifying their quality and standard of service. As well I have stressed on my word with the Chef to keep up the same food quality standard in all outlets.

Constructive recommendations like yours are the ones which are pushing us to even seek for a better improvement that for sure will make our clients happier and satisfied.

We hope to welcome you back to your second home "Kings Island" in the not so far future,

Until then and on behalf on my team, I wish you a sunny & a bright day I remain with,

General Manager, Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Spent 3 nights here at the end of May/ beginning of June. Absolutely loved it!!! It's the absolute perfect paradise to relax in between sightseeing (which there is a lot of!). It has everything you need - nice rooms, I liked the bungalow feeling. A great swimming pool overlooking the Nile, nice bars where the service is spot on and a selection of very good restaurants. We ate in the Italian one night and the French another night. They were both really good value for money too which I was pleasantly surprised at as I think a lot of chains would charge a lot more. The restaurants were much better value that those we'd eaten in Sharm a few days before in terms of both value and quality.

I'd definitely recommend and come back to!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wanabe_traveler
, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Wanabe_Traveler,

Thank you very much for having stayed for your honeymoon at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having taken the time to write to Tripadvisor.

We are all very pleased read that you have enjoyed your stay at our Resort and that you were satisfied with our services and the Hotel over all. Thank you as well for recommending us to be THE place in Luxor to stay!

Wishing you all the very best for your future together and hopping to be able to welcome you back on Kings Island in the near future.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique, tranquil & peaceful Luxor

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor
Deurne
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We just got home from our 6th visit to this wonderful resort. Two week seemed too short again. What can I say... Jolieville is the place to be in Luxor. Situated on a private island in the Nile, a lavish garden, 3 swimmingpools each overlooking the Nile, beautiful terraces, nice restaurants, a spa. Where else in Luxor can you enjoy the beautiful Nile and great sunsets while having a drink (and without traffic noise)? Only at Jolieville!

The best thing about jolieville is the staff. The management, guest relations, the waiters, the cleaners and gardeners... every single one of them is friendly, treats you with respect an a genuine smile.

We were sorry to see that there were so few guests at jolieville (as in the other hotels) and in Luxor. Because of the revolution and the elections people hesitate to go to Egypt. Don't hesitate, just go there. We have not had ONE single bad experience during our stay. Also in Luxor City everything is peaceful. No problems whatsoever!

But is you choose to go to Luxor... be sure to pick Jolieville for your stay. You won't regret it.

4 Thank OvanderHorst
, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear OvanderHorst,

Thank you very much for your 6th stay at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for praising our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I so glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that our staff and our service have exceeded your expectations.

We do always appreciate the fidelity of our regular clients as you are the ones who are supporting us during the difficult times. Yes, Luxor is totally safe and it is much far away from the happenings in cairo and life is just running here as per daily normal routine.

We are looking much forward to welcoming you for the 7th time to your second home in the not so far future, I remain with,

LJNCOLN
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Just returned after our 4th visit and guess what it was better than last time. Still the same welcome home on arrival. Of course great staff who are always eager to please. It looks like we will be going back hopefully with a tour operator other than Thomas Cook but we will find another way to enjoy this piece of paaradise. Pity about the lack of other holiday makers but the news does not paint a true picture.Hopefully people will gain confidence again in Egypt and return to this lovely hotel. I would like to thank the management the staff and the "friends we met while at the hotel all previous guests" for making this holiday very special especially as it was our 40th wedding aniversary while we were there and whoever baked the cake did a marvelous piece of work. We look forward to our next visit

Room Tip: We have stayed in a variety of rooms even in the new 2 storey blocks and have no preference as we ha...
2 Thank BIKER55
Dear Biker55,

Greetings from the Paradise :)!

Thank you very much for your 4th stay at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor.

I am so happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and the warm welcome of my team. Please have my sincere congratulations for your 40th wedding anniversary and hopefully you would celebrate the upcoming ones also on the island.

We are looking muhc forward to your 5th visit to your second home in the near future, I remain with,

DianeB50
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I'll be brief as I have reviewed this wonderful hotel before and as previous reviews have really said it all. If you are looking for a hotel in luxor look no further The MJV is a resort, 3 swimming pools, gym, Beauty Salon But what makes it special is the wonderful grounds and above all wonderful friendly staff. We have been twice before but the first time back since it's expansion and I will say was a little apprehensive that it would be too big and would have lost it's charm But it hasn't all is as it should be. We stayed in the original rooms which have been improved for the better modernised bathrooms were a must and are now really good it has a hairdryer shaving socket. The rooms have Flat screen TV, safe, kettle and tea and coffee and a fridge. No need to bring anything, laundry service is very good too, save on packing.Food is really good especially Le Fleur our favourite. We have stayed in Luxor itself in the past but what sets this hotel apart is being able to walk outside your room and enjoy the views, peace and quiet hassle free and after a hard day seeing all the wonderful temples, tombs, museums etc etc all that MJV has to offer is bliss I have used the hairdressers several times and it's very good I'm a hairdresser so can be fussy.I can recommend them. As I and everyone who review the hotel have said it's the staff who make the hotel special nothing is too much trouble just ask. It was my birthday while we were there this visit and after a relaxing day around the pool came back to the room to a beautiful towel display and flowers on our bed and a gorgeous birthday cake decorated with fresh fruit in the fridge we hadn't mentioned or asked the staff to do anything it was such a lovely touch it made my day. Always sad to leave but we know we will be back again soon.

2 Thank DianeB50
, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 1 July 2012
Dear DianeB50,

Thank you very much for your recent third stay in the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island and for writing such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

My team is always happy to be at your sevice and to make your stay the most unforgettable one.

We are already looking much forward to your forth visit in the not so far future to your second home "kings Island".

Until then we wish you a sunny & a bright day, I remain with,

cumbria
Reviewed 27 June 2012

just wanted to praise this wonderful island and to also agree with Gill and Kelly, we were actually in the next room to these 2 ladies and we recognised them from our visit to the island the previous year, people return year after year to this idyllic island resort, the staff welcome you back saying "welcome to your second home" the minute you arrive at the hotel you feel like you are "at home" all the staff are so kind and willing to help in any way they can and not for "tips", our room was always spotless and the decorations left on our bed on an almost daily basis were beautiful, the restaurant staff were very accommodating and we almost felt that we had our own personal chef! all the staff were very courteous and polite this was our 3rd visit to the island and we are already planning our next visit, many guests have been upwards of 30+ times and we were told that 1 particular guest had notched up their 101st visit so they really are doing something right!! we actually had waiters come to find us in the bar to say their goodbyes on our last night and to wish us safe journeys and speedy returns with blessings in whatever religion they practised made us really feel we were leaving family, please please if you are thinking about going to Egypt then go to this fabulous hotel, Luxor is really safe and the locals are just crying out for tourism to return, don't be put off by recent events in the country egyptians are the most welcoming kind and friendly people you are ever likely to meet. I could go on and on but just go and see for yourself you will be amazed

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank mary a
Dear Mary a from Cumbria,

Thank you very much for having stayed for the third time in the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having the time to write such a positive comment on TripAdvisor.

We truely appreciate our regular clients being always faithful to their second home. It is true we have a Swiss regular couples whose last visit in March was the 101st visit to the island and they even keep coming back.

Making our esteemed guests & friends happy is our commitment and joy! It is a wonderful task to make peoples most important days of the year utmost enjoyable, unforgettable and long lasting.

On behalf of my team, I hope to be able to welcome you again in the not so far future at your second home Luxor and wish you a sunny, bright and happy time until then.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

During my stay with my husband on our honeymoon at King's Island, we've only been pampered like kings & queens.

The romance package was absolutely rich and delightful; highly recommended for newlyweds or married couples to renew romance. The spa treat, the villa day use and the candlelight dinner were wonderful.

The staff were as friendly as always, the renovations WOW and the new rooms get the best view with ultimate privacy. Out of our tour across Egypt for that trip, Maritim Jolie Ville was top, ISA planning for a future family visit.

• Stayed April 2012
, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear PinkPerla,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for writing such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

The Island is truely an ideal place for the newly married couples and for honeymooners like your self. My team would never save an effort to make the holiday of our clients the most unforgettable one.

We are looking much forward to welcoming you back to your second home when by then it would be a family visit ISA :)

Until then, we wish you a sunny and a bright day,