“Excellent location away from the craziness” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Luxor
“Excellent location away from the craziness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed at Jolie Ville based on the strength of reviews here on TripAdvisor, and I wasn't disappointed!

The hotel is mostly outdoors, which is the only "complaint" I have, but that's more of a preference than a real complaint. The rooms are bunched up in units of around 8-10 and there are 30-40 of these units. The views from the hotel of the Nile is pretty amazing, and the Horizon Pool was simply sublime, giving you the illusion that the pool extends directly into the Nile.

The rooms were just ok, but they're clean enough. I was surprised that they did not give any complimentary upgrades, considering the hotel only had about 60-70 rooms booked (out of roughly 200-300 units at least). They wanted to charge $20-60 for various upgrades.

I really enjoyed the fact that the hotel was away from the hustle and bustle of Luxor, though it did make going into town for dinner a little more difficult, but the quietness was worth it.

The breakfast was pretty decent, and the food at the Italian Restaurant was quite good. The only complaint is one that I have with all Egyptian resorts, which is their pricing of the buffets. I mean, for 175 LE per person, I could have a feast at the Italian restaurant or at the bar. while the food looks great in the buffet, I just can't justify the cost.

Other than that, the gym was nice, though not as full service as the Le Meridien Pyramids or other resorts in Jordan.

You'll probably get ripped off at the airport to get to the hotel (80 LE), but the hotel has very fair prices to transfer to the airport (only 45 LE). Generally, a very cool resort with great pools, good restaurants, and decent rooms.

Room Tip: Try to get one closer to the lobby if you don't mind not having a "Nile View", which i...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kryzak
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Kryzak,

Thank you very much for having visited the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island luxor and for having taken the time to write to us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you as well for sharing your experience with our hotel and praising its grounds and surroundings.

With regards to your upgrade fees observation, please let me clarify that we have done upgrading free promotions for all our clients to stay in the new part of the hotel (Deluxe & Superior Deluxe Rooms) that ended in December last year. But afterwards we had to re-activate the upgrading fees especially also during the difficult situation the country is passing by.

To reach downtown easily you have to take our free shuttle bus service which is running daily at these times; 9am, 12pm, 5pm, 7pm and 9pm. Just 10 minutes and you will find yourself in the middle of Luxor city.

The buffet price you can get benefit of it by enjoying our 2 meals packages; either you can get a voucher with 3 dinners in 3 different outelts at 25% discount off normal price. Or you can get 7 dinners at our main restaurant for the price of only 5.

Making our esteemed guests & friends happy is our commitment and joy! It is a wonderful task to make peoples most important days of the year utmost enjoyable, unforgettable and long lasting.

We hope to be able to welcome you again in the not so far future at your second home Luxor and wish you a sunny, bright and happy time until then.

With best regards,
Gerenal Manager, Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

From the moment we arrived we knew we would have a fantastic stay in Jollie Ville. We were treated to a cool drink and checked in to our room in minutes. The staff were fantastic and very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Our room was in the C block which was close enough to reception, the main pool and also the restaurant for breakfast.

Our hotel room was very nice, very clean with a fridge to keep any snacks and water we had. Location of the hotel is worh mentioning as it is on an island away from the hustle and bustle of Luxor, yet only 5-10 mins from town in taxi.

The hotel was very quiet during our stay so there was no issues with getting any sunbeds. The pool areas are superb in particular the infinity pool which is close to the pool snack bar.

On our last day we need to contact our airline as our flights had changed last minute - Mohamed and Waeid in reception went beyond the call of duty to sort out our flight issues.

The breakfast buffet was excellent with a great choice. However other eating options were quite limited for lunch and dinner. We ate in the Italian restaurant Zigatoli one night and food was quite good, with a particular mention to Mousafa (I hope I have spelled that correctly?) who was so nice, providing excellent service while chatting about Luxor and life in general.

Overall would certainly recommend Jollie Ville, if not for its excellent surroundings then for the friendliness and professionalism of its staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room and it was superb, no need to upgrade to delux rooms unless you would l...
Dear DublinPD from Ireland,

Thank you very muc for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having taken the time to write such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am really glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that you were generally satisfied with our services. We appreciate very much your praise to the staff friendliness and professionalism.

With best regards,
Telford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is an out of the world hotel. it has changed so much over the last few years and i won't say for the better as it was fabulous to start with, it's now even fabulouser. The staff are all soooo friendly, i have only ever been with my mom and 1 of my 6 girls, but they always ask how my other 5 girls are by name, and they aren't the easiest of names. The food is fantastic, the chefs cook your eggs to order in the morning and the choice is always varied, as is the evening meal, don't be afraid to venture into Luxor itself to eat, taxis are cheap and the resrauntants are very reasonably priced and alot are english run. No detail is too small for the staff. Rooms are very comfortable and spacious, i always get a good nights sleep. The view from the island is breathtaking. I would recommend planning a balloon trip, it's an early start but well worth it and you get back in time for brekkie. Fellahs tent is a great night out too. The 1st time we went there there was a couple on honeymoon and they were doing a split holiday, they didn't want to leave for Sharm El Sheik as they said they were so relaxed. I can't wait to go again and see all the familiar faces. Trust me you won't regret it either.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but if you aren't satisfied, if they have other rooms they will let you...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MH0969
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Dear MH0969 from United Kingdom,

Thank you very much for again visiting the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having taken the time writing such a positive comment on TripAdvisor.

The information about the hotel and the city you have mentioned are of a help for the other clients who would like to grab the chance and visit us.

I am really pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our services and with the team. I am sure they will be so pleased when I pass them your praises.

On behalf of my team, I wish to welcome you back very soon to your second home in the near future, I remain with,

best regards,
barnsley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

We returned from a blissful 2 weeks on the 18th of July. We have visited the hotel some 5 times previously but it has been 3 years since our last visit. To be honest we had been uncertain about returning as we were concerned about the impact of the structural changes to the hotel on its overall charm. However we are pleased to report that the Jolie Vile is not only bigger, but better than before. The staff are as efficient, friendly and curteous as ever. The addition of the Italian restaurant and larger Ascot (Kings Bar) are definatley a bonus. For the first time, we went bed and breakfast instead of half board, and were pleased that we had done so as it gave us much more flexibility. The food quality in all venues is good as is the service. The '3 meal package' is good, and we tried the seafood night by the relaxing pool and were not disappointed. The drinks are on the expensive side, but the drinks packages in the room are a good way of saving money. We found room service to be efficient as we did the laundry service. The only concerns we had about the hotel were the apparent relaxation of the dress code for evening meals. Shorts and sports wear in abunbance! This is OK if you expect it, but it is not what we expected at the Jolie Villie. ( Hotel please review). We stayed in t:-) he old style accomadation (by request) room D09 - everything you need with an amazing Nile view. We are aware that the hotel was under occupied whilst we were there, but have also been at much busier times. The service is always excellent. If you are fortunate to be in block D then Adal will ensure that you have the cleanest and well appointed room that you could wish for. If you choose to catch the rays by the relaxing pool Ali and Salah will ensure that you need for nothing. At breakfast, Ahmed will remember you and your likes and dislikes all holiday - adding to the special touch. Luxor is very quiet now, as is the Jolie Villie. If you are thinking of holidaying in Luxor the Jolie Villie is 'near enough but also far away from the wonders of Luxor'© and the haste. at no point did we uncertain. At all times we were safe and welcome. We only wish that we were returning next week! We travelled with Hayes and Jarvis for the first time, and were very impressed with their service. Thankyou David (our rep).
Until the next time we return 'home.

3 Thank mifiBarnsley
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear mifiBarnsley,

Thank you very much for your 6th visit to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for writing such a wonderful comment to us on TripAdvisor.

I am always happy whenever I can make my clients' stay the most unforgettable one.

On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you very much for praising their sevice, professionalism and attitude. They were so pleased when I transferred the message to them.

The dress code inside the restaurants is strictly followed, just because there were too few clients in the hotel for the past days. But I can assure you that you will not see that again in your next visit.

We are looking much foreward to welcoming you back to your second home "Kings Island" in the not so far future, I remain with,

Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just got back from our 4th visit to the island, and with the new refurbished bungalows done to such a high standard, we can only say this hotel keeps getting better and better.The new deluke accomodation looks fantastic, [ we had a quick look around one room] and the new pool area is fantastic.Just a shame the tourists are staying away at the moment but hopefully this will change in the near futrue. We're already looking to go back in October for two weeks of winter sun!!!

Room Tip: Our favourites are the bunglows even more so since their refurbishments.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank karen w
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Karen w from United Kingdom,

Thank you very much for visiting the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor for the 4th time and for having taken the time to write such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am so happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at the resort and that you liked the new facilities of the Resort.

We are looking muhc foreward to welcoming you back in October to your second home in the near future, I remain with,

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

we have just returned from our wonderful holiday. this was our fourth visit to Martim Jolie Ville.
As always everthing was excellent. The rooms have been refurbished since our last stay. These have been done to a very high standard. As always the rooms were kept perfectly clean, and all the staff are so friendly and welcoming.

We particually enjoyed spending time around the adult only pool. where Ali and Salah looked after us so well.

The gardens are well kept and beautifully maintained.

The food was great, an excellent selection and plenty to chose from.

We highly recommend any one to visit here, its an excellent base for seeing the wonderful sights or a perfect place to relax and enjoy the sunshine.

Tim & Karen Goode

Room Tip: all of the rooms are wonderful
1 Thank karen g
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Goode,

Thank you very much for having visited our Island for the forth time and for having taken the time to write to us about your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am so pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your holiday and that you were satisfied with our services.

I will pass your positive comment to my team, which I am sure will be so happy when reading it.

On behalf of all Jolie Ville Team, I am looking much foreward to welcoming you back to your second home in the near future, I remain with,

Rhyl, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Lovely tranquil setting away from the hustle of luxor .Infinity pool fantastic with the Nile as a back drop .Set on its own island with walks along the Nile and gardens to enjoy .

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Strossy
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Strossy from United Kingdom,

Thank you very much for visiting the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for sharing you wonderful experience on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that your stay and we hope to welcome you back to your second home in the near future, I remain with,