“Lovely hotel”

Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel was lovely it was far enough away from the town but close enough if we wanted to go out.
The infinity pool is just amazing.
The food was good plenty of choice and suited us perfectly.
The staff where lovely
Would we go again yes we would

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Hiking4fun08
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear Hiking4fun08,

Thank you very much for your pleasant review on Tripadvisor and for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor this year.

We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at our Resort and are looking very much forward to welcome you back on Kings Island in the not so far future.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique & spectacular Luxor.

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My mum and I stayed at this hotel for a week in April this year. It was our second visit to the hotel, the first time having been 7 years before. We dont normally go back to the same hotel or location twice but we loved this hotel so much we made an exception. The hotel had changed considerably since we last visited, but the our favourite things about the hotel remained the same. It is a very peaceful hotel in a wonderful location on the Nile, away from the noise and often hecticness of Luxor. The gardens are huge and full of beautfiul trees and flowers, it isnt difficult to find a spot where you can be all alone to chill and read a book. Our room looked out over the Nile, with a stunning view of the West Bank behind. The staff are very friendly and polite right through from around the pool areas to the reception staff, the room staff and the gardeners. The food was good, particularly in La Fleur restaurant. This certanly wont be our last visit - we can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Rach_C_D
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Rach_C_D from Surrey UK,

Thank you very much for returning to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island last April and for your positive review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to read, that your second visit to Kings Island was as enjoyable as the first. Your last visit must have been a while ago and yes, the Resort changed in the mean time quite a bit. We have finalized a hug over all renovation and extension work last year. The new added deluxe & superior deluxe rooms, the 3 Royal villas, the spa & beauty salon, the state of the art gym and the new 2800 square meter horizon pool and much more, added great value to the Resort.

Our 75 full time gardeners are taking good care of the enormous grounds (660’000 square meters) and next to the fantastic vegetation on this very particular Island we are also proud to be the home of an array of over 100 different bird species.

Thank you for your compliments on our staff and service and I am particularly happy to hear that you enjoyed our French a la carte restaurant the La Fleur! Next time you can try the newly opened Italian Osteria we opened recently with a lovely and cozy little terrace in the open where you can dine under star lit skies overlooking the fantastically lit mountains on the West Bank over the Hatshepsut Temple.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is wishing you all the best and we look very much forward to welcome you back home for your 3rd visit with your mum in the not so far future.

I remain with,
Best regards from ever sunny Luxor

Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

Excellent staff, breakfast and pools. Best hotel I stayed in on my trip to egypt. Allow time to relax in hotel pools. At first I thought location outside of town was a bad thing but this turned out to be great as there was no one to hassle you.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Damos66
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Damos66,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor to be your home in Luxor this September, and thank you for writing your positive comments about our Resort to Tripadvisor.

I agree with that the location of our Resort, 3 km south of Luxor on its own island is a great benefit. It’s relaxed, calm, spacey and totally safe and if somebody likes to go to town he/she can take our free shuttle bus or a taxi which only cost Le.20.- (€ 2.50) and takes about 7 min.

We all hope to be able to welcome you back on Kings Island in the not so far future.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from ever sunny Luxor.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We visited this amazing hotel at the beginning of July as an end of exam treat for my daughter. My husband and teenage son accompanied us. We stayed in the standard bungalows, and found them to be more than adequate for our needs . We were hardly in them anyway!
The stand out features for us were it's position by the Nile and the e xtensive gardens, the excellent, friendly staff (sometimes the attention was unevenly focussed towards my daughter!) and the infinity pool which was just so special, especially at sun set.
The food was excellent. We went full board , but would probably go half board next time. Also, we ate the buffet each night, but I would probably use the retaurants for a bit more variety if we went again.
We did some sightseeing with a driver who was recommended to us, and discussed our needs and arranged everything at a very reasonable price. He really looked after us and this also contributed to us having one of the best holidays ever. He can be contacted on (002)01003837709 and is called Khaled.
We had a fab time and would not hesitate to return...in fact we can't wait!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Dear Stivesaddict from Middlesborough,

First of all, let me congratulate your daughter for the past exams, well done!

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor in July and for posting your positive review about our Resort on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay very much and that you approve on our services, the food quality and our pools which are overlooking the Nile and West Bank.
About the full board you had pre-booked, your Tour Rep should have explained to you in the first place that you can as well eat in our “a la carte” restaurants. For the pre-paid dinner our clients receive a credit of Le 110.-! The price difference to your actual consumption would have to be paid directly to the hotel as it is possible in most hotels. Next time we do it better and you book BB only and purchase our very affordable dinner packages directly in the hotel upon arrival.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back on Kings Island in the not so far future.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from ever sunny Luxor.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

This is an absolute wonder Hotel, the staff are friendly and helpful, a choice of three lovely pools.
A reception that is like a new Casino with attentive staff at the desk.
Breakfast is taken over looking the Nile and mountains.
The only small and I mean small moan is that on my current visit and I have been there three times already, towels were being left on sunbeds to save them around the adult pool, I have never experienced this at this hotel before and I hope it does not slide down the European slide of a poolside of towels on beds with no people. If the management can address this it would be nice. (obviously the bigger the tip etc as these are hotel towels being used).
Apart from that slight moan I will be returning again next year and most probably the year after.
THERE IS NO TRPUBLE IN LUXOR please use this fantastic hotel or it might close and that would be a great loss.
Meals are Buffett , bar b que or a la carte so you have a great choice and sometimes there is a belly dance, twister dancer or the like as evening entertainment during the meal.
They really bend backwards to please here and it is a very reasonable price for a I've star royal level hotel island paradise.

Room Tip: You have a good choice of room level. The Standard rooms are nice and cosy with all the comforts. I...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Dear Ardmast2 from Suffolk UK,

Thank you very much for your recent and 3rd visit at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island and for your positive reviews published on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to learn that once again you enjoyed your holiday at the Jolie Ville and that you where happy with our services provided.

Concerning your (correct) remark about the towels on the “reserved” sunbeds around the relaxing pool (for adults only), I fully agree with you, that is why it is written on each sun umbrella stand to please refrain from doing so.
I do although also understand my “pool guy’s” who really have a hard time these days in Egypt to earn enough money to support their families. And because there is plenty of empty sunbeds around the pools anyway, I admit that I am right now not too strict on these particular rules. I hope you can forgive me?

The entire Jolie Ville Team is wishing you all the best and we look very much forward to welcome you back home for the 4th visit in the not so far future.

Sunny regards from exciting Luxor

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Just came back staying a week (5th -12th Sept) at the Jolie Ville to celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary.
I didn't know places like this existed !! Food at breakfast was AMAZING.....
Great hotel, great staff and great food. Pools were clean, although disappointed that we never got to use the infinity pool as it was undergoing refurbishment.
Bedrooms were adequate (stayed in block B),although not British 5 stars.
Because the place is so quiet, you were pampered all day long - not sure if the staff genuinely wanted to look after you or were after a tip.
The only small negative thing is that it would be nice to have bathrobes, slippers and decent toilet tissue. Bathroom was a bit dated also. Oh and the mattress was a bit soft for my liking.

All in all a great trip and would we will definitely be back and stay in a deluxe suite next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shazraza

Dear Shazraza from Livingston,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor this September; I was a great pleasure to be at your service.

Thank you as well for writing such nice & positive comments about our Resort on Tripadvisor. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the hotel, service and stay very much.

Each year in September we do the “pool maintenance” in each of our 3 magnificent pools for the comfort and safety of our esteemed clients. It is always announced with our business partners worldwide in May of the same year. The “infinity” pool is ready again and yesterday we finished as well the relaxing pool (for adults only). Next Tuesday we will start working at the “horizon” pool (it takes 7 days) in the new part of the hotel.

When comparing 5 stars in Egypt with 5 stars in England, can we as well compare 5 stars prices in Egypt with 5 stars prices in England please? The people in Upper Egypt are genuinely very friendly and warm hearted of course nobody minds a tip and going the extra mile often helps.

Only the standard rooms do not have bathrobes & slippers, from deluxe up we provide such automatically. Next time please let us know if you are not comfortable with the mattress in your bed, we happily exchange it for you.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island in the not so far future.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique & spectacular Luxor.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at the Jolie Ville Hotel for 7 days. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good Buffet food for the dinner bed and breakfast people and other restaurants if you wanted a change. The setting is fantastic, based next to the river Nile, and if you fancied a walk, there are 168 acres to wander in. All the famous sites are near, and a cheap taxi will only be too pleased to help.The only downside is the price of drink.!!!!

Room Tip: get a super comfort room, it is worth the extra, ask for a Nile view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank parkpal
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Parkpal from Preston UK,

Thank you very much for your recent visit at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island and for your positive reviews published on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to read that you liked the setting of the Hotel on Kings Island and that you also enjoyed the various buffets and different restaurants.
With regards to the price structure for drinks we are exactly in line with all the other top class hotels in Luxor. Because we have to pay 300%!!! Tax on all imported alcohol, we also offer local brands which are a lot less expensive but obviously are not of the same quality like a JW, a Bombay Safire or a Smirnoff.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is wishing you all the best and hope to be able to welcome you back home on Kings Island in the not so far future.

Sunny regards from exciting Luxor