“3rd time and still I love the place !”

Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel only for 2nights from 6th June.
It was my third time at this hotel within last 2years.

First 3nights I stayed at another hotel close to Luxor temple for the location reason but I wish I stayed at Kings Island for all 5nights. Big mistake I made.

There were not many people at Jolie Ville due to low season but enough people to feel nice atmospher.
The weather was pretty bad when I was there but somehow I did not even feel the weather was bad, I mean the place made me feel relaxed that much. It always is nice to see many birds and green.

The reception was very nice as usual, very welcoming, and when I checked out the reception man actually made me want to come back again.

All staff were wonderful. They all are very nice without being over friendly. Very good 5star standard of staff.

Breakfast was lovely as ever. Dinner buffet also was good. I was quite impressed that they kept quality and quantity of buffet in this low season.
I tried room service Pizza(Hawaii) this time and it was very good. Probably the best Pizza I had in Egyptian Resort.

Spa massage was also as good as ever.

I have nothing to complain about. It was just Perfect. I really love the place.
It made me forget that I was in Egypt2014 in very good way( I live in Cairo and it is and always was very stressful big city.)

By the way, all luxor is very safe I think. Nothing bad is hapening in Luxor and the town is very relaxed I felt . And security at the hotel is very good from the entrance to the river. I always feel very secure there.

Many people mention here that the hotel is good place for family, yes I think so too, But the place also is very good for solo travelars. Unlike many other resort such as Red Sea, I never felt I was the only solo at the hotel even when there was no other solo travelars.

Well, next time when I visit Luxor, I will not even think twice but will stay only at this hotel for sure.
Thanks so much for relaxing hospitality.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are nice. Pitty that they do not have bathtab though.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank worldtraveller1a
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Worldtraveler1a from our Capital Cairo,

Thank you very much for having stayed once again at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor! Thank you very much as well for your kind support and for having taken the time to post your very friendly and positive hotel recommendation on Tripadvisor.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back home to Kings Island, next time of the 4th time in the not so distant future. I remain with

Sunny regards from ancient and peaceful Luxor

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have spend 2 weeks there and it was for sure one of our family best vacations.
First week we did not move out of the hotel grounds. It is very safe there, as the entire island is a private resort with no access for any people that do not stay or work in the hotel.
We have enjoyed great sunsets over the Nile, took a felucca ride, relax by the pool, visited little zoo, and just had a wonderful and lazy week.
It is a place with no hassle whats so ever. You can truly relax and your children are kept well entertained.
The second week was all about ancient Egypt, so we've visited Karnak Temple, and Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple,and many more sites that are around Luxor.
I hope to repeat this experience at some point in the future.
Highly recommend :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dosia66 from Toronto Canada,

Thank you very much for visiting the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island together with your family lately and for publishing your very positive review on Tripadvisor!

It is great to read that you and your family have enjoyed the two weeks on Kings Island and that you felt safe and well looked after.

In the hope of being able to welcome you and your family back at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor again in the future, I remain with:

Sunny regards from peace - and wonderful Luxor

Reviewed 8 May 2014

No complaints at all!
Excellent hotel with wonderfull people, food, pools and views.

This hotel is unique in so many ways, the staff is friendly in a such natural way, you really feel welcome.
The infinity pool is like a paradise, with the great view.
Everything is very clean, and there are a lot of options to do (excursions).
The food is great, from breakfast til buffet, but the ' a la carte' restaurant is even ten times greater.

I recommend this hotel to basically anyone

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lizzies196
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Lizzies from Ghent in Belgium,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Resort to be your home whilst holidaying in eternal Luxor. Thank you as well for taking the time to post your very positive revue on Tripadvisor!

I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed the pools and restaurants and our menu selection in the various food outlets.
Thanking you for recommending the Maritim Jolie Ville to your friends and family, we are all looking very much forward to welcome you back on Kings Island in the not so far distance, I remain with

Best regards from wonder – and peaceful Luxor

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We booked this holiday last year and I'd read all the reviews etc but nothing could prepare me for the real thing. When we walked into the reception both of our jaws dropped as it was sumptuous and welcoming. We stayed in one of the bungalows in block O, O07 to be precise which made it very easy to remember! The room was great, big, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Everyone on here mentions the obvious so I want to try and mention some of the smaller things which I believe demonstrate how the aim to please. Every day in our room was a small vase of fresh flowers from the hotel garden, such a lovely touch. They put a mosquito plug in your room and a new refill every day again not something we expected. Outside our room were 2 mosquito attraction lights and this helped if you wanted to sit out and enjoy late night star gazing. We still doused ourselves in protection spray as there are millions of the little devils.

3 pools all of which were spotless. The view from the infinity and horizon pools is beautiful. The pool attendants insist on moving your sun beds to suit your needs and arrive with towels which they insist on laying out on the bed before you're even sure where you're sitting. Having ordered a bottle of water which arrived in a bucket of ice, when I went to remove the plastic from the lid some 5 mins later the guy miraculously appeared and did it for me, I think I grew very lazy during the week.

We ate at all 3 restaurants and can't fault the food, well maybe that there was too much of it which encouraged us to eat more so we've both gained weight but that's our fault not theirs! I could've eaten the chocolate mousse forever, wow it was good. Despite all the warnings before going to Egypt neither of us got upset tummies and we ate salad and fruit everyday (plus lots of far more fattening foods).

The gardens and wildlife in them are breathtaking and we went for a stroll most days. We also went out twice on the little fishing trip the hotel organises, £5 for an hour, a cup of tea on the boat and its fun. I've never fished before so soon realised I was useless but teamed up with the tennis trainer I and let him fish in order to catch more than my husband. They all get thrown back (fish not husbands) so no wildlife damaged.

Having spent the previous week on a lovely but hectic cruise the 2nd week of rest was much needed. This was genuinely paradise. It's the first holiday in my 54 years on this planet where I've been devastated to leave. Like everyone else who comments on here we are now planning our next visit. There are still many things for us to see in Luxor and I want to be somewhere where I feel safe, spoilt and happy and this ticks the boxes totally.

The staff are the friendliest most thoughtful I've ever met in any country including UK (we could learn a lot from them, might be worth sending our hotel staff there for customer care courses?)

The only sad thing is that the tourists are still avoiding Egypt. Everywhere is empty which is taking its toll on the Egyptian people as so many rely on tourism. I pray that hotels like this can survive until things settle down not just from a selfish point of view but because the country and people are beautiful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dotty F
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Dotty F Rochford, England, United Kingdom

Thank you very much for having holidayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island, your home in Luxor, and for your positive review published on Tripadvisor!

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay on Kings Island and that you had ample time to follow up with your fishing hobby! Your positive comments are even more valuable and encouraging for us, thank you very much.

Yes, Luxor people are suffering these times because of the lack of tourist in this wonderful and unique destination all because of wrong and un-diversifying press which puts all Egypt in one bucket. We are although in good spirit that better times are ahead of us.

We are all positive that towards the end of this year it will become more prosperous and that tourists from all over the world will find their way to Luxor.

We wish you all the very best and already look very much forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island, I remain with

Sunny regards from peaceful and wonderful sunny Luxor

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just been to this hotel for the 14th time and I am already booked to go again in October. You might ask why don't I go somewhere else, well I do but I always visit this hotel at least once a year and I do this for one reason. It is the most peaceful, relaxing place you can visit. Its on its own island on the Nile and you are surrounded by beautiful grounds full of flowers and trees that are kept by the many gardeners who work tirelessly everyday. The staff are the best and they cant do enough for you, if you need something they will get it for you. We always stay in one of the old bungalows and this is our preference but the new rooms are beautiful and spacious should you require something more modern. It is very quiet in Luxor due to the trouble in Cairo, but there is nothing to worry about here. All of the hotels and local businesses really need you to start visiting again.

Room Tip: The old bungalows are nearer to the restaurants and bar so if you don't want to walk too far ask...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear nickisweep,

Thank you very much for your recent 14th visit to Kings Island and for having taken the time to publish a comment about your holiday experience on Tripadvisor!

I am absolutely enchanted to read how much you like to stay on our little island and truly hope having the pleasure to welcome you home on Kings Island for many more years to come. It is because of YOU, your fidelity and faith towards the island that we still survive and fight to present the best possible service to our beloved guests.

I very much appreciate you mentioning that Luxor is safe and that there is no problem in traveling to our unique destination despite the international media is showing misleading pictures from troubled places we don’t even know where they are?

Sunny regards from peaceful and wonderful sunny Luxor

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Having never re-visited a resort or hotel before, a second visit to Maritim Jollie villa Hotel in Luxor was new territory for us. The hotel, quieter than normal, continued to deliver quiet luxury with excellent service despite the economic challenges it faces daily. We arrived a stressed and tired business couple but left rejuvenated and content after a blissful 7 days of unadulterated pampering and sightseeing. The hotel lacks very little in regard of services, but its charm remains the blissful location and exceptional service from friendly, polite and keen staff. Staff who go beyond the required standard are too many to list however Atitto, Gama'a and Muhammad we now consider friends. There is sufficient pool facilities and restaurants for families and couples to enjoy no matter the budget. Hotel Maritim Jollie Ville is the only hotel for us in Luxor and we are already planning our next trip. The only down side this visit was the increased number of mosquitoes and reduced fumigation on the island - it did affect our enjoyment as we didn't sit outside for the classical music at sunset or eat outside which is a high selling point of the hotel and its surroundings.

Beyond this, Mr Hassany Morsey (of Love Egypt Tours) again provided first rate and excellent value sightseeing trips with his charismatic tour guide Abdul to complete another wonderful visit to Luxor, Egypt. Their command of English and ours needs is very good and their sense of humour and service delivery is exceptional. Mr Hass and his team are highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the comfort rooms that offer good quality facilities at very reasonable prices. As we...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CockerBerry from London, United Kingdom

Thank you very much for having taken the time to sent a review about our Resort to Tripadvisor and for having stayed with us on Kings Island!

I am happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay on our little serene Island and that we could live up to your expectations.

At the moment we started fumigating the island daily during the sunset so that we can fight as much mosquitoes amount as we can especially during evening and night time, when our guests enjoy listening to the sunset music and their dinner afterwards at the Sherazade terrace.

Hoping having the great pleasure to welcome you back on Kings Island in the not so far distance, I remain with

Best regards from wonder – and peaceful Luxor

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed only one night but in that 36 hours the staff did all they could to make our stay amazing. Allowed early check in...late check out...and to a person, the staff was super friendly and helpful. good food in the 3 restaurants on site. Beautiful, large pools. Nice boardwalk to walk on the Nile and many little niches to hide away and have a glass of wine with your party in privacy. All with a view of the Nile. Highly recommend this resort for adults and kids alike!

Room Tip: Bungalos have smaller rooms so if you want to spend more time in your room, I would recommend the la...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jpboyd444 Laguna Hills, California

Thank you very much for having stayed at our Resort for 1 night and for posting your review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you as well for your praises regarding our team service qualities which is very motivating to push again for higher levels.

I remain wishing you all the very best and hope having the pleasure to welcome you back home on Kings Island in the not so distant future. I remain with

Sunny regards from peaceful and ever sunny Luxor