“Beauitful hotel yet for old generation” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor

Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Luxor
Dubai
“Beauitful hotel yet for old generation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

Beauitful island relaxing with great view over the Nile
Food is ok compared to the city yet stay away from the construction
All people were above 55years except for a very very few families with kids

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Tarazikhaled

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

As a family, we booked this holiday after reading review after review about it being absolutely amazing and a fantastic retreat.

In the end, we decided to go for 2 weeks, from the end of July to the beginning of August- also may I add, not realising that this was the HOT season. We arrived at the hotel via an air-conditioned coach, at approximately 4 local time, which was perfect as it gave us time to look round the hotels amenities and settle into our rooms. On arrival, we were greeted by the friendly staff and some cold fruit tea, which we later found was a delicacy and shown to our rooms.

The accommodation consisted of apartment-like buildings which contained a bed, 2 large wardrobes, a dressing table and chair, bathroom with bath and 2 sets of table and chairs- 1 inside and 1 outside. The rooms normally held 3 people, but as we had a family of 4, we had 2 connected rooms. Personally, I thought the décor and style of the rooms were up to standard and sufficient, with a cosy like feeling. In fact I found the background and setting tended to distract you from anything in the hotel, not that ANYTHING needed distracting, everything was beautiful. Even in the reception, the décor is beautiful, with ornate Egyptian statues and chairs, all decorated in gold, blue, red and yellow. Tacky it is not!

As I have previously stated, the staff our adorable- in a word. In fact I actually wanted to take most of them home with me, over the stay you seem to generate a genuine friendship and trust in them, unlike any other 5 star hotel I have stayed at previous. Also, if you have a problem, or are ever in need of some help for something, then honestly don't hesitate in asking the staff, they are so lovely and willing to help you out whatever.

Well, to be honest I don't think one word could begin to describe the fantasticalness of the food. It truthfully is, unbelievably good. In the main restaurant, each night is themed; when we visited there was a choice of Egyptian, Indian, French, Italian, fish and some others. This restaurant is buffet style, meaning there is no pressure if you don't like what's on your plate, as you’re not stuck with one dish. Plus to add to the whole experience, the waiters dress in traditional dress for each night, which helps to authenticate your whole evening. Although if you enjoy a more formal way of eating, then the a-la-carte restaurant is the best place for you. Personally I preferred the a-la-carte restaurant as I found the food to be more exquisite that the buffet restaurant. For example, one night I had half a stuffed lobster, which probably has to be the best dish I have ever eaten- no offence to your cooking mum!

When it came to trips and events, we found booking them outside of the hotel was much cheaper, but do ask around with your holiday rep as they will give you vital information about your stay. It was organised for us to meet with our rep near to the start of the week, and then there was a board situated in the reception of the hotel clearly showing times of when she was available to meet with.

Therefore, overall I would describe my experience at this hotel and at Egypt in general as out of this world, I will DEFINITELY be visiting here again, I would certainly it was the best 2 weeks of my life. Complete value for money, for a life changing experience unlike any other simple hotel.
**** 5 stars all round!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank beckie576
Hythe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

I booked this hotel after reading so many good reviews on TA and was really looking forward to my stay. Unfortunately I arrived at a building site with work commencing before 7 am and not finishing until after 8pm. I arrived at night and on checking in I was given a map of the hotel and directed to a hole in a hedge and left to find my own room. I had upgraded to a nile view room at a cost of $300 for 14 nights. The room was a bit dated but otherwise fine very clean and great views across the nile to the Valley of the Kings. Now the problem getting from the room to the reception was via the hole in the hedge which was across a grassed lawn which was fine until the gardeners watered the lawn and this then became a swamp. The second week of my stay they decided to build a path across the lawn which made it much easier to get from the room to reception. The relaxing pool was anything but relaxing due to the sound of jack hammers and angle grinders from sunrise to sunset. I booked half board and the food was fine, nothing special but well cooked and nicely presented but the service was slow and never enough waiters on duty.
On my last day I was due to depart at 1430 and asked for a late check out at 1400 but told this would cost 150 Egyptian pounds. I told them I had already paid to up grade and that after spending 2 weeks on a construction site they should waiver the late check out charge as a good will gesture but they wouldn't budge and so I paid the extra. Another couple we got friendly with who were repeat guests were allowed a late check out at no extra charge.
A very disappointing stay I went looking for paradise and found a building site.

7 Thank bruce f
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

Came here after Nile cruise and had a wonderful relaxing seven days.
Sit back and enjoy the magnificient views of the Nile and its west bank, the flood lit hills of the Valley of the Kings, and stroll in the magnificient mature gardens of its grounds or take a stroll a long the banks of the Nile.
Building work did not spoil our stay as we spent most days at the infinity pool until sunset .They are trying to manage the new build to avoid disruption to guests and it is minimal.
Prices are a bit stiff for drinks but you would not get a better location anywhere in Luxor .
Food is good and the Le Fleur is excellent (try the Veal medallions).
They do a good 3 meal deal of Le Fleur a la carte,Buffet and barbecue for LE 375 pp.

Rate this hotel as third in our top four holiday hotels
1.Cape Panwa-Thailand
2.Cidade de Goa-Panjim India
4.Hotel Excellence-Dominican Republic

Go ! you will not be disappointed

1 Thank kennellysmith
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

just got back on 02 11 2010 after two weeks at the Jolle Ville, and after several years returning to the hotel, what a downward spiral to an crash.
reception being a very large BARN area, the bar is at one end no longer a comfortable, proper (as in all other hotels) bar, no meal area, just stools at the bar, all atmosphere completely gone, no music/entertainment.
not only has the second bridge not been finished, the managment have disrupted practically all guest peacefull areas, upgrading for instance 14 rooms out of a block of 15 whilst one room let out to guests, the area outside that room being filthy and full of building materials. Large noisy contruction vehicles night and day. Meals, three times eat in and the wait time for simple meals was 60 minutes included one pool time meal, with no prior warning, totally unacceptable, if cannot cater, then don't.
New paths being built whilst guests are walking through and round the digging, upgraded room, i had one, what rubbish, old bathroom, wardrobes curtains, may have put a new door on and perhaps retiled the floor, a rip off. Took one week to replace a lamp.
opinion, such an amount and area of construction, the Hotel should have been CLOSED if they cared for guests, as did the Hilton, building work that been finished, very little finished, and that of a very low quality finish compared to other Luxor hotels, broken new walkways, paint splashes in new reception etc, seems to be no one brain overseeing this work.
A great pity for what was a fantastic and very well run and liked hotel, only thing now going for the hotel is the best location in Luxor, and being bungalows in what will be nice gardens. NO free boat to Luxor, and no sign when it will be repaired/replaced.
No wifi at all but they still insisted on charging for internet use.
I would like to thing I could return, perhaps 3/4 years when all work has been finished.
I am expecting the management to respond to this comment, BUT no justification can be made for the guest upset and present bad service dirt and mess everywhere paths not cleaned as often full of dirt and soil, service generally has also gone down to zero, i got the feeling that cut backs on staff and or hours to save money was part of the problem and the construction work.
A great pity for a great hotel ruined.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank tonybrown777
Blackburn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

My husband and I had a fantastic holiday at this hotel and enjoyed getting out and about on the trips. The hotel is undertaking huge refurbishment / re-building works which we were totally unaware off before the holiday. We were only advised that one pool would be having maintenance work for a week.
Very poor bungalow, but viewed others that has been refurbished and they were great, pity we were not in one.
Will definitely go again in a couple of years when all the building works will hopefully have been completed. Fantastic staff and location second to none. Watch the sunset to classical music is a must. Go on a boat trip on the Nile with Captain Brian - he is wonderful - as are all the staff. Many guests return again and again and enjoy good food and hospitality. As I have said our only disappointment was the standardof our bungalow.

3 Thank Anthelia
Carisbrooke Isle of Wight
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

We were looking forward to our time at the Joli Ville after a week on the Nile and a few days in Cairo, but when we arrived it was to a building site, we literally had to walk through the sand and rubble to get to our room, which had no mattress when we arrived and was immediately opposite the VERY noisy and messy building work, I was not happy and we walked all the way back to reception through the piles of sand and past all the piles of stuff ripped out of the old reception and restaurant to get there, they did offer us another room, but we were told to go and look at it to see if we were happy, so we had to walk all the way back past the building site again, then find the room and then walk back to the reception to tell them we would take it as it was further away and then walk back AGAIN in all the heat and mess. I was almost in tears as this was our Honeymoon and was supposed to be the relaxing bit. The room was a refurbished one, but it is not fabulous considering this is supposed to be a 5* hotel, the TV had no adaptor and so we could not plug it in, when we told the guy who brought our suitcases he told us he would tell maintenance but we ended up having to walk all the way back to reception to tell them and they wanted us to BUY an adaptor!! I told them no way and they said someone would come, still nothing happened, in the end I stopped a man who was going in to next door to come and sort it, he found us a plug but did not tune the TV in and so we could not watch it! The safe was broken and so was the safe in the room of another couple along from us, the toilet had a double flush but only one worked, the floor was always so dirty from the building work that the bathmat was black, there was no fire alarm and no furniture on our patio, no kettle and the fridge was no on when we arrived and did not get cold at all unless you left the cupboard door open it was in as there was no ventilation. The insect zapper was not working and we had single beds! The food is not fabulous and I did not enjoy it much at all. The water (and you have to buy it to brush your teeth) is very expensive and you are too far away from anywhere to get it cheaper. The small pool was closed and the infinity pool was incredibly busy much of the time, and getting a sunbed was an issue as people reserve them and clear off! The staff do help you out though, and so we always managed to get one eventually. They did open the adult only pool on our last but one day and it was much better, although I can't understand why the infinity pool is not adult only. The staff are not openly after tips, which is refreshing, but you have to ask several times to get things, we would ask for coffee at breakfast and often get it your self! The grounds are lovely, the location is superb but the hotel is definitely NOT 5* and is not what I expected at all. I met lots of older ladies who have been several times and thought it was fantastic, but it was not what i was looking for in a hotel that was supposed to be top class, it was holiday camp food and entertainment, and they were doing SO much building work it was ridiculous to try and relax with a jack hammer and drills and banging going on all day. When we arrived there was a lovely bougainvillea covering the walkway outside our room, the day after they came and cut it all down and took the bamboo thatch off the walkway! There was mess and dust all over the place. Mosquitoes are a problem and so are flies, which made sunbathing unpleasant. The fellahs tent night was the best part of our stay and had the best food, but was a bit spoiled by the more obvious touting for tips. I would say that the hotel needs to get it's act together, the place should not be open as it is a health and safety nightmare at the moment, and I was only impressed by the island itself and the hotel is a let down. I am going to complain to my travel company and I know that I am not the only one who will be doing so. Big thumbs down.

5 Thank Karen C