“Fantastic location and highly recommend this hotel”

Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We only booked this hotel a few weeks ago, as we were in desperate need of some sunshine. Having checked the reviews before we left, I have to say we were extremely concerned what we were letting ourselves in for. Never having travelled to Egypt before,we did find the airport rather overwhelming - to say the least! However, I have to say, the resort is amazing, friendly, clean and the location is breathtaking. Yes there is building work taking place but being in block E it didn't affect us at all. I understand the buildng work will take a while longer but it certainly wouldn't put us off and will definately be going back next winter. A couple of tips - ignore the Thomas Cook men when you arrive offering you a visa, they are not genuine, visas can be purchased from your rep on the coach or at the banking kiosks in the arrival hall. Change your money up in the hotel as it has its own bank - Bank of Egypt as the rate is far better. You must go to the Fellas Tent as it is a great night and book with the hotel direct as its cheaper. Also the guy sitting in reception on the Thomas Cook desk is not the real deal - he belongs to TC - Egypt which is competely separate from Thomas Cook as we know it in the UK. Take plenty of Mozzie spray and candles for your patio, oh and of cause anti sickness and diarhorrea sachets/tablets.

You will have a great time!

Can't wait to go back

1  Thank SueDavey
Write a ReviewReviews (2,226)

Reviewed 17 November 2010

This was our third visit to the hotel, and we were amazed at how well the staff are coping with looking after their guests given the amount of building work being carried out. The work is generally unobtrusive from the older area of the hotel, and any works close by are reasonably well screened from guests.
The food, service and attention from staff is second to none, and the La Fleur restaurant is providing its usual high quality food.
We look forward to returning again, and hope that the same level of service etc will remain once all is complete.

2  Thank mikedevon2008
Reviewed 16 November 2010

We were a bit aprehensive about visiting this resort because we had heard that there is building work still going on, we needn't have worried. The work to renovate all the bungalows systematically is being done in such a way as to not to cause disruption. The new reception opened a few weeks ago and is fabulous, the staff go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. I was also worried about visiting Egypt incase of poor food and stomach upsets, again I needn't have worried, the food was excellent, a vast selection was always on offer. I ate the salads, had ice in my drinks and felt fine for the whole of my stay. We stayed in a recently renovated bungalow, it was spotlessly clean, air conditioned, flat screen TV (not needed really) and a small fridge. The pools are really relaxing with padded sun beds and fresh towels provided ,and there are plenty of sun shades available all around the pools and gardens. We will definitley go back given the opportunity.

1  Thank dp_norman
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We spent a few nights at this hotel when we arrived in Luxor a few weeks ago, and had a great time. The hotel is set on its own island in the Nile, within beautiful grounds. The rooms are set in 'huts' throughout the gardens, and there are a couple of amazing pools (one huge infinity pool) overlooing the Nile. The best thing about this hotel is that it enables you to relax away from all the hustle and bustle of Luxor. You can easily spend a day just lounging around the island without having to leave. True, the rooms are a bit dated, but then again it's much cheaper to stay here than the 5* places in town and the grounds and swimming ool more than make up for it. They also organise a great range of activities every day (I went to pilates), and there's a nice new little gym on the island with new equipment.

There is some building work being done on the island to refurbish the rooms. But so long as you request a room away from the building works then it really shouldn't bother you as the island is large enough.

There is a free bus to the town centre from the hote, but if you want an excellent taxi driver then call or text Mohamed on 00 20 167517704. He's very reliable and has a nice new air conditioned car. Just snd him a text wth the hotel name and a time to collect you and he'll be there.

Only other thing to note is that happy hour isn't quite what it makes out to be. The 3-for-2 offer only applies PER PERSON rather than across individuals, which is a bit ridiculous.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LozzaJLondon
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Beauitful island relaxing with great view over the Nile
Food is ok compared to the city yet stay away from the construction
All people were above 55years except for a very very few families with kids

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Tarazikhaled
Reviewed 11 November 2010

As a family, we booked this holiday after reading review after review about it being absolutely amazing and a fantastic retreat.

In the end, we decided to go for 2 weeks, from the end of July to the beginning of August- also may I add, not realising that this was the HOT season. We arrived at the hotel via an air-conditioned coach, at approximately 4 local time, which was perfect as it gave us time to look round the hotels amenities and settle into our rooms. On arrival, we were greeted by the friendly staff and some cold fruit tea, which we later found was a delicacy and shown to our rooms.

The accommodation consisted of apartment-like buildings which contained a bed, 2 large wardrobes, a dressing table and chair, bathroom with bath and 2 sets of table and chairs- 1 inside and 1 outside. The rooms normally held 3 people, but as we had a family of 4, we had 2 connected rooms. Personally, I thought the décor and style of the rooms were up to standard and sufficient, with a cosy like feeling. In fact I found the background and setting tended to distract you from anything in the hotel, not that ANYTHING needed distracting, everything was beautiful. Even in the reception, the décor is beautiful, with ornate Egyptian statues and chairs, all decorated in gold, blue, red and yellow. Tacky it is not!

As I have previously stated, the staff our adorable- in a word. In fact I actually wanted to take most of them home with me, over the stay you seem to generate a genuine friendship and trust in them, unlike any other 5 star hotel I have stayed at previous. Also, if you have a problem, or are ever in need of some help for something, then honestly don't hesitate in asking the staff, they are so lovely and willing to help you out whatever.

Well, to be honest I don't think one word could begin to describe the fantasticalness of the food. It truthfully is, unbelievably good. In the main restaurant, each night is themed; when we visited there was a choice of Egyptian, Indian, French, Italian, fish and some others. This restaurant is buffet style, meaning there is no pressure if you don't like what's on your plate, as you’re not stuck with one dish. Plus to add to the whole experience, the waiters dress in traditional dress for each night, which helps to authenticate your whole evening. Although if you enjoy a more formal way of eating, then the a-la-carte restaurant is the best place for you. Personally I preferred the a-la-carte restaurant as I found the food to be more exquisite that the buffet restaurant. For example, one night I had half a stuffed lobster, which probably has to be the best dish I have ever eaten- no offence to your cooking mum!

When it came to trips and events, we found booking them outside of the hotel was much cheaper, but do ask around with your holiday rep as they will give you vital information about your stay. It was organised for us to meet with our rep near to the start of the week, and then there was a board situated in the reception of the hotel clearly showing times of when she was available to meet with.

Therefore, overall I would describe my experience at this hotel and at Egypt in general as out of this world, I will DEFINITELY be visiting here again, I would certainly it was the best 2 weeks of my life. Complete value for money, for a life changing experience unlike any other simple hotel.
**** 5 stars all round!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank beckie576
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I booked this hotel after reading so many good reviews on TA and was really looking forward to my stay. Unfortunately I arrived at a building site with work commencing before 7 am and not finishing until after 8pm. I arrived at night and on checking in I was given a map of the hotel and directed to a hole in a hedge and left to find my own room. I had upgraded to a nile view room at a cost of $300 for 14 nights. The room was a bit dated but otherwise fine very clean and great views across the nile to the Valley of the Kings. Now the problem getting from the room to the reception was via the hole in the hedge which was across a grassed lawn which was fine until the gardeners watered the lawn and this then became a swamp. The second week of my stay they decided to build a path across the lawn which made it much easier to get from the room to reception. The relaxing pool was anything but relaxing due to the sound of jack hammers and angle grinders from sunrise to sunset. I booked half board and the food was fine, nothing special but well cooked and nicely presented but the service was slow and never enough waiters on duty.
On my last day I was due to depart at 1430 and asked for a late check out at 1400 but told this would cost 150 Egyptian pounds. I told them I had already paid to up grade and that after spending 2 weeks on a construction site they should waiver the late check out charge as a good will gesture but they wouldn't budge and so I paid the extra. Another couple we got friendly with who were repeat guests were allowed a late check out at no extra charge.
A very disappointing stay I went looking for paradise and found a building site.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple