“Great hotel, location & price”
Review of ACHTI Resort Luxor

ACHTI Resort Luxor
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Washington DC
“Great hotel, location & price”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

No complaints here, the Sheraton was the perfect place to stay in Luxor. The price was unbeatable and checkin was perfect and fast. Staff were polite and helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable. I was upgraded to a Nile view room which was really a surprisingly stunning view.
I read a review describing the hotel as "tired", it's clean and a decent Sheraton, it's not a top property, sure, but I didn't pay top property price either. I was happy with the quality of the rooms.
Breakfast was ok, the patio made up for the mediocre spread, but it all did the trick.
This is a good time to go to Luxor, you can have the temples and tombs practically to yourself!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bezoona
nahla_youssef, Front Office Manager at ACHTI Resort Luxor, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience
at Sheraton Luxor Resort and for having taken the time to write your reviews vis TripAdvisors site.
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holiday and you were happy with the staff services, location and the hotel facilities and our team members spared no efforts to make your stay memorable.
Hope that above meet with your requirements and hope to serve you soon at our hotel .
Nahla Youssef

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Giza, Egypt
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at the Luxor Sheraton for only one night and we really wish we'd stayed longer and we plan to be back at any chance we get to visit Luxor again.
I asked for a room with a Nile view, they gave me a 2nd. Floor room! I was kind of disappointed and expected that I'll go see the room, get back to the lobby and ask to change it for another high rise one (hotel is 4-story-tall) and boy, was I wrong! The rooms at this floor have an expansive terrace, that goes across the entire floor, very wide with an amazing view of the river Nile! You can share the terrace with guests from other rooms, who share this vast terrace space with you, or enjoy it more privately closer to your balcony window, in either case the view is incredible and the rooms are really nice, separated into 2 sections: The bed area and the "living" area; the hotel is old, obviously, yet it is well maintained and kept in pretty good condition, it is located at a cul-de-sac at the end of the Luxur corniche which makes it extra secured. Resturant at the first floor was spacious, with its own terrace as well for enjoying a lovely breakfast outdoors in Luxur's warm December sun! :-) Food quality for dinner & breakfast was OK, nothing super, and the variety was just about enough, could have been more.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd. Floor, Nile view rooms, pick a room towards the far left end of the floor when gett...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
nahla_youssef, Front Office Manager at ACHTI Resort Luxor, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you very much for having stayed at your home in Upper Egypt during last visit with us at Sheraton Luxor Resort and for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor.
We are greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests in the tripadvisor site and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality of standards; and I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Sheraton in Luxor is a solid choice for a visit to the area. Located on the East side on the Nile, it is about a 20 minute ride to the airport. The staffs at the hotel at the front desk were top notch. They went out of their way to accommodate us. With the uptick of violence in Egypt, the area is getting very few visitors. The hotel was a little like a ghost town. There were nights we were the only ones in the restaurant, of what was little once a bustling hotel. The rooms are nice, we stayed in the cottage, and I would recommended if more than one person in a room. Also we noticed a smoke smell in the main hotel, which was not present in the cottage. The pool area (there are two) is nice. And I loved that they serve ice cold beer chilled in clay jars when you are relaxing poolside. The hotel is situated steps from the Nile. There are ample boats right from the hotel to take a nighttime Felucca ride, which I would recommend. Also, drinks on the patio at night are lovely. The wait staff is attentive and things were responsibly priced in my option for a good hotel.
I had two complaints though. One, when we called ahead of time to ask about a driver or tour guide and they said they arrange nothing from the hotel. They did not indicate there was a taxi or car service to pick us up at the airport when we arrived after midnight. This is NOT TRUE. There are signs in front of the hotel about the cost of a taxi and driver from the hotel to the popular tourist destinations and ample cabs waiting outside the hotel. We meet one driver Adam who was the great, and spoke fantastic English. Ask for him and for him to come for airports transfers, he has a deal with the hotel and they can send him. I would recommend this and to use him for day trips, we had him drive us to a temple approx. 1.5 hours each way from the hotel and it was fine. He translated, had a nice car, and took us for tea and to a nice lunch spot afterwards. I wish we had known about him sooner.
Second, the breakfast service was strange. Service was TERRIBLE AND VERY SLOW. They messed up simple orders the entire stay and paying for the check took nearly a ½ hour each day, not good in the AM when you want to get moving to get on tours.
Overall for USD $60 a night or thereabouts, a very solid hotel choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jill S
nahla_youssef, Front Office Manager at ACHTI Resort Luxor, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you very much for having stayed at Sheraton Luxor Resort and for having written such a beautiful review on TripAdvisor.I would like to thank you for describing each single point for the hotel with positive or negative sides.In regards to Taxi or Car service from/to airport ,IT'S TRUE as we are not involved with this since taxi drivers are available any time at the airport and also there is NO DEAL between the hotel and Taxi Drivers which are located in front of the hotel,we were agreed with them for a price list in order to controle them when they are dealing with any guest for a tours or ....Concerning your point about SLOW SERVICE during the breakfast,we have passed your comments to our Food&Beverage Manager for strong actions.
Hope that above meets with your requirements.would like to see you again soon in order to redeem ourselves.

Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was our 11th visit and the staff were as usual welcoming and attentive. A slight problem with the room allocation on arrival which was a pity as I had sent emails to Nahla Youssef and the reservations department before I even booked the accommodation but the receptionist had this sorted out in a few moments.
We have been such regular visitors that the staff have become more like friends and will often meet our wants without a request being made.
The hotel is very quiet at the moment and it seemed that most of the other guests were regular visitors too.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for anyone wanting to visit Luxor and right now is a good time to visit as the hassle element is low.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the smaller the balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vince1918
nahla_youssef, Front Office Manager at ACHTI Resort Luxor, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
First, we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Luxor Resort to spend your 11th visit in Luxor, and we are extremely extending our sincere apology for any inconvenience experience you may gain during this visit.
We are sorry for unacceptable behavior may be caused during your arrival and I will put this in our consideration in the nearest training to avoid this in the future.

Hope that above didn't affect your loyalty to Sheraton Luxor Resort

Nahla youssef
SW Scotland
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was our first return to Luxor since the revolution and our second visit to the Sheraton. The hotel is set off the main drag of hotels and is in a lovely location by the Nile. The reception staff were pleasant and always happy to help.
The room was a nice size with a good layout and bathroom. The rooms were well maintained and clean linen was supplied daily. Having an English 3 pin plug was an added bonus.
All the restaurant staff are so helpful and have a pleasant sense of humour. I would especially mention Joseph, Tarek and Sabri but there were so many I could also list.
The pool staff were first class and really could not do enough for you. I felt really spoiled.
The restaurants were very good. We visited all three on site and a special mention to the staff of Agra. Thank you for achieving what I have been trying to do for years in converting my husband into a fan of Indian Food.
It is a great shame that more visitors were not privileged to share our lovely holiday. The hotel was under occupied throughout the stay. I do hope that people return to Luxor, they will not be disappointed. On no occasion did we feel unsafe. Thank you again to all the staff at Sheraton, we will be back

Room Tip: Opt for a Nile view room and do visit the Agra, you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank janetmcw
nahla_youssef, Front Office Manager at ACHTI Resort Luxor, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
First, we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Luxor Resort to spend your second vacation in Luxor.
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which was provided to us via TripAdvisors Site concerning your most recent stay. Your experience and comments are important to us, I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holiday and you were generally happy with the staff services and the hotel facilities and Thank you very much as well for praising our team and their standards of service which will serve as an encouragement to them.
Looking forward to welcome you again soon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This Hotel is so well placed at a very nice peaceful and quiet location along the Nile in Luxor
The Hotel has an excellent terrace serving food and drinks all day from the excellent buffet breakfast to evening meal.My room overlooked the Nile and I enjoyed sitting on my balcony in the evening watching the sunset and the cruise boats and felukas pass along the river.The Hotel had an excellent pool well served by attentive staff.I must praise all the staff at the Sheraton who made my stay very memorable.

• Stayed March 2014
nahla_youssef, Front Office Manager at ACHTI Resort Luxor, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
at Sheraton Luxor Resort and for having taken the time to write your reviews through TripAdvisors Site.
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great views and excellent hospitality from all the staff and in special the restaurant staff
i pass last Weekend for 1st time in Luxor generally and Sheraton specifically , but i intend that Sheraton Luxor will be my favorite destination next times and i will have a longer weekend ISA
All the staff are very welcoming , the room view from 4th floor are fantastic , unbeleivable calmliness around the sunset with a nile boats passing in front of you , you can see a painted portrait of sunset , nile boat , mountains , nile from your bed
The buffet is very delicious , although the set menu in any hotels are very limited , but here its open buffet for salads, bakery, soup, pasta, and only the main dish is set menu which you can choose from 3 types
Rooms are very clean, i particulary interested in bathroom in any hotels , here is ultimatly clean .

In the end , i would like to thank Mr Samir Isaak for his very welcoming spirit and his great reception which encourage me to make a wide publicity to all my freinds in Cairo who wish to visit Luxor

Room Tip: The terrific view of rooms in 4th Floor near left because the nile is Wider there
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
nahla_youssef, Front Office Manager at ACHTI Resort Luxor, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
First, we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Luxor Resort to spend your late vacation when where in Luxor.
Your experience and comments are important to us, I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holiday and you were generally happy with the staff services and the hotel facilities.Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon