“Nice Hotel.”

Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Moncton, Canada
“Nice Hotel.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Although we had only one night at this hotel but the service was excellent, the rooms are Nile view, clean and comfortable beds. the breakfast was very good too, We received a good service at Sonesta luxor !!! thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta St. George Hotel Luxor, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear henry m

Thank you for your nice review , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and had a good time at our hotel , we hope to see you soon at our hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Suffering from tourist decline. Only stayed one night in transit, but it seemed a bit shabby, disappointing breakfast. Nothing special! Free wifi only in lobby (but not always working). Make sure you ask for a room away from the main road.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the main road.
Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy T
Dear Jeremy T

Thank you for your review , we are sorry you did not like the breakfast at our hotel , we do not usually get a complain from our breakfast , I appreciate if you can give us more details about your disappointment from the breakfast so we can investigate it . Thank you
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just back from the Sonesta St George and all I can say is considering the problems that have been in Egypt recently you wouldn't know it from inside the hotel. Everything was as usual. Clean comfortable beds, beautifully immaculate rooms which were serviced twice a day to the ever attentive staff who could not do enough for you to make your stay even more enjoyable. Yes there is hassle outside but the message is slowly getting through to them that if you just ask and the tourist says no then maybe it's a good thing not to keep on and the customer may return later to go on the Kalesh, Faluka or whatever they are trying to sell. It would not be Egypt without a bit of Hassle. See you soon Sonesta xx

Room Tip: Try to get a side nile view room as the view over the Nile to the Valley of the Kings is wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank tinabbrown
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I actually enjoyed my stay here, except that the free wifi in the lobby didn't work, and the paid wifi didn't reach my room and kept forcing me to re-login.

It's a shame that wifi was such a pain because it was a very nice hotel otherwise. Having difficulty connecting to the Internet is a real problem.

The Sonesta was much nicer than the Stienberger Hotel next door.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CarlOakleaf
badramani, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta St. George Hotel Luxor, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear CarlOakleaf

Thank you for this lovely review we are happy you enjoyed your stay and sorry about the Wi-Fi but it is sometimes out of our hands and the service provider has trouble with their network and connection. We hope to host you again soon at our hotel
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Ihave just returned frm a weeks break and the hotel,the staff,the house keeping team, the food,the facilities&nobles bar.Ihave had the best experience of my life the staff make you so welcoming and make sure that your ok and are always on hand to do anything for you.their english is very good. The housekeeping team leave petals on your bed&animals out of towels(very talented).had a very gd massage too for under £15GBP.Please dont be scared about any trouble as it doesnt effect the hotel in anyway&thompson is resuming flights frm Gatwick.their is no hassle.Iwill be back again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kate H
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta St. George Hotel Luxor, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Kate

Thank you for your nice review , and for recommending our hotel to the readers , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and waiting for another one soon
Sunderland
Reviewed 21 March 2014

After my latest trip to the Sonesta I want to comment about the staff at this hotel. I know from experience at other resorts, that hotel staff can help to make or break your holiday .Sonesta staff invariably help you to really make the most of your time there. Always courteous, pleasant and willing. This holiday the housekeeping team were,for me, the stars. I was suffering from back pain and I asked the housekeeper supervisor on my floor, was it possible to change the queen sized bed for twin beds so that I would not disturb my husband. With a big smile he told me there would be no problem at all and would I like a matress topper as it may help with pain!When I returned to my room the beds had been changed and the room left immaculate. While I am on the subject of the housekeeping people, I was touched when some evenings I returned to our room to find flower petals scattered on the beds and towels shaped into animals and always the room in pristine order. To change the subject somewhat,If there is anyone reading this who would like to visit Luxor but are put off by the stories of war and fighting, Please, please make that visit you will not be sorry.There is no trouble, no fighting, no war in Luxor. It is at least as safe as your own home town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sheder
Dear Sheder

Thank you for this beautiful review , we are very happy that you recommend our hotel and Luxor too , I will pass on your nice comments about the staff and the housekeeping to the management and I am sure they will be very happy to hear that they contributed in making your vacation a memorable one . We hope to see you again at your second home
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

It has been about 3 years since I last stayed @ the Sonesta and it was nice to be back. Although there was cut backs in the way the restaurants and lighting were operating due to the lack of clients, the staff in the bars made up for the this and of course the breakfasts were as usual very good. I should mention also the lads that service the rooms. The cleanliness and presentation can only be described as excellent. Do try the boat trips that leave the hotel, very good value for money and the crews are very professional. Please visit Luxor, there are no problems and the locals need tourists. Now is the time to visit Egypt with Thomson direct flights from Gatwick operating again, I will be back soon!!! .

Room Tip: Pay for a Nile view - well worth it!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo