Staying here for 2 weeks at the beginning of September, with my sister We have always stayed out at Karnak on our previous visit. This hotel is completely different. We wanted to be more in the centre of town so we explore more. The hotel did not disappoint us, although it did seem strange having carpet instead of tiles, but this was thoroughly cleaned each day, as was the room and sheets at least alternate days. Housekeeping people could not do enough for us, we asked about an iron, sure enough 15 mins later one was delivered followed by an ironing board the following day. The lst room we had was overlooking the courtyard and as have been said earlier with the heat being as it is this time year, opening the door didnt do much for letting air in, but is was very good for people watching while enjoying a little 'drop'. We did ask to be moved as the building work in the morning was annoying and we did have a problem with a light switch. We were moved to a nile/w. bank view which was nice for the 2nd week. The 3 times we ate in the hotel, the food was very nice but again the courtyard was very hot. The pool was lst rate and we spent every afternoon there either in or alongside thepool. The lads looking after the pool were great. They remembered where yoiu prefered to sit and laid out the towels for us, and put the umbrellas up. As Bamboos has commented, the smell of the diesel from the big boats docked up, was annoying and perhaps can be addressed at some future date.
Reception were always really helpful and as far as we knew always manned.
If I could make 2 suggestions tho, those rooms that have facing rooms would benefit from having some sort of net curtaining, as when changing /getting dressed etc. you have to draw curtains and put lights on.
also although the Bank man is very nice and curtious, I would have preferred that when doing my transactions, that it was only me in the room, not a group of strangers, sitting on the settee.
All in all we both enjoyed staying at the hotel, all were polite and pleasant at all times and I would recommend it to any who ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor