From the moment we stepped aboard 'Royal Viking', our bags already en route to our cabin, we were in a different world. Lovely surroundings, attentive and friendly staff, and a tour guide in a million in Hussein, who would not have been out of place teaching Egyptology at university. The food and entertainment was ample and varied, and we met some really nice people. Loved the Djelabi party and thouroughly enjoyed bein Lawrence of Arabia for an evening!
We had been prepared for the vendors by Mark, and ever present source of help and information at Discover Egypt; nevertherless, the first excursion, by horse and 'carriage to Edfu temple, was a bit scary with the vendors being much higher profile than expected. Still, this was 'discover Egypt' and we learned the art of vendor avoidance, and from then they were no problem.
The cruise was amazing, although something of an endurance test if you did all the excursions, which we did not. One NOT to miss was the sound and light show at Karnak temple, wih a subsequent vist unter Hussein's expert guidance, the 2 togetner giving an incredible and lasting impression of the temple's past.
Other highlights for me personally were a tour round the ship and another around the old paddle steamer Sudan' which was moored by us, and where a tour was swiftly set up by our incredible reception desk staff.
Moving onto the Nile Palace and talk about visiting royalty! We lived in the lap of luxury, waited on hand and foot by the most friendly and painstaking staff, for whom nothing was too much trouble. For example, one night in the Nubian restaurant, my wife expressed a longing for sonething English rather than the set menu, A few minutes later - fillet steak and freshly cooked chips! How good can it get...
It's so hard to single out individuals, everyone was an absolute star, but I must mention Captain Ash (Ashram) on the hotel feluccas, who not only allowed me to take the helm for a while, but, after mooring up,insisted on entertaining us to tea and conversationas it had been his final trip for the day.
Overall verdict .. well, the title says it all. Would we come back? As we learned to say ..'Yes, insh'Allah'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor