This is a dated review, but since there has likely been little tourism, it is probably still helpful.
We stayed at this hotel via a package booked through Your Egypt Tours. In Cairo, they booked us in an amazing 5-star hotel, so we were slightly spoiled. This hotel was fine, just not the luxury we had become accustomed to! We only stayed here one night.
First of all, we arrived in Luxor via the overnight train. This was a horrible experience and I do not recommend it to anyone. We were supposed to depart on the train as well but, splurged and bought flights back to Cairo. Due to lack of sleep on the train, we struggled to enjoy Luxor through our blurry eyes.
The hotel seemed relatively safe, as did the entire town of Luxor, in comparison to Cairo, despite no formal security, a very open air setting, and a location right on the main street. The hotel is right on the Nile, which was nice for a quiet late-night cocktail. After one of our tours, we took a cute boat ride back to our hotel, instead of the bridge. There was a gorgeous pool and lots of space to lay out and enjoy the Egyptian sun, along with the nice hotel bar. Despite that Luxor is more conservative than Cairo, hotels are free space and tourists in swimsuits are acceptable. Hotel staff were not as quick and fluent in English here, but still able to understand it. I did not get an overly welcoming feeling, unless our tour guide was assisting us, though staff were still accommodating. We ate at a restaurant in the hotel complex, which was good albeit slow, and watched a belly dancing show over dinner.
The rooms were rather dark, stuffy, and a little bit dingy. There was notable grime on the walls in all the crevices and on light switches. The bathroom was fairly clean, but without wash cloths, the shower handle was falling apart, and the shower somehow would shoot hot and cold water at the same time (blending issue). Beds were fairly comfortable and we had a nice patio that overlooked the hotel’s interior grounds and beautiful flowering plants.
Overall, I would suggest researching other hotels for a more comfortable stay, but if you are on a budget or get placed here by a tour company, do not stress at it is a descent place to crash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor