This is what the security guard said to me as I passed through security at the front of the hotel. I had just arrived from Aswan on a 6 hour ride from Aswan (with stops at Komombo and Edfu). It was hot when we got to the hotel and the cold hibiscus tea that was served was refreshing.
Check-in went smoothly and took no more than 10 minutes. The hotel is actually two buildings separated by an open courtyard. One building faces the Khaled Ibn Al Walin Street and the other building opposite the courtyard faces the Nile. We were on the building facing the Nile and my room is classified as a Side Nile View Room. It was on the 4th floor Room 416. The room is spacious, somewhat dated, but very clean. The bathroom was equally big with a nice set of toiletries. The bathroom was also spotlessly clean. Kudos to the housekeeping staff for doing a good job everyday cleaning my room. The best part of the room was that it has a nice powerful airconditioner. Did I mention it was hot in Luxor.
There is free wifi but only on the lobby of the building that fronts the Nile. In room wifi is available for a fee. The free wifi is very slow and good for sending e-mails with one photo attached. Any more and you will be waiting for a long time to upload.
My view was a side Nile view with a decent size balcony. I love sitting on this balcony in the early morning just watching the Nile.
There are at least five restaurants on site, but some of them were closed due to the low occupancy. The Nubian Café was only open for breakfast. For lunch, it was the Italian restaurant or the pool café which serves decent sandwiches and fish and chips. For dinner, the Italian and the Lebanese was open. There was a Thai Restaurant but it never opened.
The grounds of the hotel beautiful. It has terrace above the Nile River. Pool was large with a separate pool for the kids.
The only thing that irritated me was that the hotel requests that guests not bring any water or food from the outisde. They claim that it was for security reasons, but I they just wanted you to purchase their own water and food. We were able to smuggle bottled water in large quantities so this was not strictly enforced.
I would stay at this hotel again if I ever get back to Luxor. It was a nice way to end our trip to Egypt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor