Having read some of the other recent reviews, I am wondering if my family and I actually stayed at this hotel!
As other reviewers have mentioned, the Nile Palace enjoys an excellent location. The hotel itself is elegant and clean. The rooms are reasonably sized with good bathrooms- I would give them a four star rating, but could be five star with a little updating. We had Nile View rooms with a view of VoK area and Hatchepsut Temple across the river. The grounds are well kept, pool good etc. The food at the Nubia (buffet) restaurant is fine, lots of choice. Pool, housekeeping and bar staff v. good. So far, no problem.
Where it all falls down is the service. 5-star hotel, 2-star service. At breakfast for instance, we would sit at an empty table and wait ages for cutlery and crockery, despite numerous staff members being around. If you were really lucky, you got served tea or coffee. One morning I asked four different staff to provide knives and forks etc and each time they said yes and disappeared. After losing patience I asked the restaurant manager and he served us himself. Service at dinner a little better.
Tried both the Italian and Lebanese restaurants - once again, food fine, service slow and indifferent.
On our last day, the hotel received a call from our tour rep who asked reception to advise us that our flight had been put back 3 hours and that we should check in at 6pm instead of 3pm - however, reception neglected to pass on the message to us. Consequently we arrived at the airport 3 hours too early. This just about sums up the service at this hotel - despite a few exceptions, it seems they could not care less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor