Lowest prices for your stay
US$74
Hotels.comUS$68
eDreamsUS$74
TravelocityUS$68
2,890 results
All reviews lebanese restaurant courtyard view nightly entertainment central courtyard pool area excellent hotel whirling dervish west bank horse and carriage guest relations pool staff egyptian pounds winter palace nile hassle doorman reem
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2019

This was my second visit to the Steigenberger this year. On the first occasion I visited with my husband, who prior to staying here was talking about going elsewhere next year - but who is now planning a trip back here. This visit was as good as the first. My friend and I had one of the renovated rooms on the 5th floor, with a Nile view (which is well worth paying a little extra for), the balcony was plenty spacious enough, and the room was also spacious with all the facilities that one would need. There is a hairdryer, safe, plenty of storage space, a TV, kettle, and fridge stocked with soft drinks. The rooms are cleaned and beds changed daily, and bottled water, tea and coffee etc are replenished daily. There are also some fabulous restaurants in the hotel - as well as several only a short walk away. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, and the breakfast was great - plenty of choice.
The hotel has several nice little gift shops too, and an 'in-house' travel agent - we booked a trip to the Valley of the Kings / Queens, and Carters house, and it was very competitively priced - we had a brilliant guide and air conditioned car, and they were prompt and the guide very knowledgeable. However what really 'makes' the hotel, are the staff - all are unfailingly helpful, kind and can't do enough for guests. I will definitely be back - twice if my husband has anything to do with it!

Room tip: The Nile View rooms are worth paying a little extra for, and the El Tarboush restaurant is amazing
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank allyel14
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2019

Dear allyel14,

Thank you for being such a loyal friend of the Steigenberger Nile Palace and thank you very much for your warm words of appreciation. We are very happy to know that you, again, encountered the best service and that you are already making plans for returning next year. We hope your husband doesn't need much persuasion to make up his mind on coming again; we are looking forward to your arrival.

Reviewed 14 July 2019

I really wish we had been able to stay here more than the 2 nights our tour allowed. We only got to lounge out by the pool area one afternoon for a few hours but thoroughly enjoyed it! It was low season so there were less than 20 of us enjoying the entire area. It was just a beautiful atmosphere. We were approached by one of the restaurant/bar staff to have dinner out there by the pool or have a table set up for us overlooking the Nile. We choose the pool only because we were so comfortable on our lounge chairs we didn't want to move...and, we had done a sunset cruise on the Nile a couple of evenings earlier.
The breakfast buffet was amazing along with a chef making omlets. Almost everything you could want was there and oh.....the jams were unlike any other I have eaten...I'd go back just for more of that guava jam on a fresh croissant.
24 hour Security was at the door along with a walk thru scanner, we felt very secure there. Staff was helpful and accommodating.
I would not hesitate to book again at this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Annette G
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2019

Dear jamericansOcoee,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Steigenberger Nile Palace and thank you for your warm words of appreciation. We are delighted to know that we have been able to offer you that beautiful moment of relaxation in your busy tour around Egypt. We hope you will be able to come back for a longer, well deserved vacation.

Reviewed 8 July 2019

Our tour company booked all our hotels but honestly they nailed it. All our hotels were great. This one was one of the best. Its sooo big but easy to navigate. As with every hotel in Egypt, only wifi in the lobby but it was good wifi. The rooms were big and spacious, lovely and clean. Ours was facing the busy street but we heard nothing. Great balcony to enjoy the evening. Honestly spent most of my time here by the pool. It was 45 degrees the day we arrived! The breakfast was the best I had in Egypt. Would stay again!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank moniqueb451
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Dear Monique B,

Thank you for staying at the Steigenberger Nile Palace during your Luxor visit and thank you very much for your warm words of appreciation. We are delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed some well-earned vacation days at our pool with Nile View. We hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2019

This has become one of my favorite hotels in the world. The attention from the staff is amazing. They take care of any request immediately. The chef is no doubt 5 stars. I’m in the middle of the desert, and my lobster bisque is one of the best I’ve ever had. The Italian menu as well. As soon as they knew it was my birthday, they delivered one of the best cakes I’ve ever eaten. The renovated rooms are well done and so tasteful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely stay here my next visit.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank racegirl72duchess
Steigenberger, Guest Relations Manager at Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2019

Dear racegirl72duchess,

Thank you very much for choosing the Steigenberger Nile Palace to enjoy your vacation and celebrate your birthday. We thank you as well for your warm recommendation and words of appreciation for staff, kitchen and facilities. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 June 2019 via mobile

I was booked for 2 nights at this hotel, but afer spending just one night here, I contacted my tour guide and requested to checkout and be moved to another hotel immediately. Not recommended unless you just need a room to sleep in. Really not a 5 star level establishment in any possible way! At best, 2 stars. Great view on the Nile, however the rooms are not up to the expectations of 5-star luxury, well at least the one I was in. Closet space is very small, no iron or iron board, no mini bar etc....things you would expect to see in a room of a 5 star htotel. The room is somehow cramped yet still not offering much! I did receive a complimentary bottle of water. No room wifi unless you paid for it, but the lobby offered it free. Balcony is very strange almost like a pizza slice with extremely limited privacy. The TV remote was very sticky and the tub was not clean. While there was a sign that clearly stated no smoking, I witness an employee smoking right at the reception desk. Not many choices for breakfast.

Disclaimer: I did not booked this hotel, this was part of a tour package through Egypt Tours Portal that I bought and I was informed that it was 5 star hotel before I arrived in country. I also pass on my frustration with the tour company.

Also I would suggest you read the responses from the manager on past guest reviews to see they have an explanation for everything instead of owning up to the dissatisfaction from their guest.

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank KASUALGURL

Dear Char J,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Steigenberger Nile Palace. As Guest Satisfaction is of our highest concern, we take every comment seriously. We firstly identify the guest to know their arrival, departure and room, investigate matters, take action where needed and add issues to our ongoing training program. In this light we apologize to the guest and explain on the TripAdvisor platform that we strive to prevent future problems and keep the service we offer on a 5* level.
We have taken action concerning every point you have raised though we highly regret that you have posted several covertly taken images of one of our staff members on the internet. It does not excuse his behavior, but it is, in our point of view a serious invasion of the right to privacy and we kindly ask you to remove these photographs.
We regret that you felt the need to leave the hotel after one night and we apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your Egypt Tour.