This hotel is excellently situated, with the required Nile views, but quite walkable into town. Most importantly the public minibuses run past the door, and so you can get around very cheaply (though if you use them you may annoy the taxi drivers!). On the side streets nearby are a wide range of restaurants and cafes, and so we ate very well.
Our room faced the street, which was fine, as there was little noise, and the tiny balcony was actually quite pleasant to sit on (and very good for drying swimming costumes).
Breakfast was a vast buffet, with plenty of choice. My eccentric request for hot water rather than tea or coffee was always swiftly and cheerfully sorted by the charming waiting staff. We took breakfast outside some mornings, enjoying the attention of friendly cats.
The pool is a fair size, and we enjoyed it, but it might struggle to cope when the hotel is full. Towels are readily available and the poolside area is very pleasant.
We only took one evening meal in the hotel, at the Italian restaurant, which was nothing special. The meal was perfectly adequate, but about 30% more expensive than in Italian restaurants nearby. The Lebanese restaurant is even pricier, and had a more restricted selection than we're used to on the Edgware Road.
The hotel is outstanding value for money. We used it as a base for doing our own rather thorough sightseeing, but clearly many people were happy to spend their days around the pool and others took their package operators' excursions. It had a much more democratic clientele than I was expecting, but I imagine that it is used by several major British and European package operators. An international 5 star is often stuffy, but that was not the case here, and everyone seemed pretty relaxed.
Don't go for the entertainment! You've got satellite tv in the room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Agoda, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor