“Excellent hotel and service”

Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Norwich
“Excellent hotel and service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Chose this hotel because of the reviews and location as on this visit not visiting the sites but wanting a peaceful, restful and luxurious break and we were not disappointed. Met at the airport for shuttle to hotel (20 us dollars) by lovely Ahmed worth it for the lack of hassle outside by taxi drivers after long flight and lateness of the day. Met with a lovely rose, bottled water and cool flannels.
Booked in by very efficient reception staff whilst enjoying more cool flannels and lovely refreshing drink. Upgraded to Nile view room with larger balcony at extra cost but worth it.
Hotel occupancy very low but did not detract from our holiday, restaurant and bars open. Spent the week at the spa pool which was just magical with the best service ever by Ahmed and Hashem The staff work very hard to make your stay as special as it can be and the service is second to none. Towels, sunbeds prepared prior to your arrival in the morning, beautiful towel decorations, flowers, water and ice prepared in champagne buckets ready for your day, cool iced towels provided on the hour every hour to cool you down with lovely mint aroma. Could have used other spa facilities ie saunas etc but too hot for us. Spa manager very attentive to ensure everything as it should be.
Ate at the Asian restaurant and Olives which was as expected excellent service and great food.
Rooms very clean and daily turn down service ensures fresh towels and products always available. Fresh fruit on arrival was a nice touch. Daily bottled water in the room a welcome thought. Fresh milk for tea and coffee provided by breakfast restaurant staff. Variety at breakfast very good from freshly made omelettes to fruit pastries hot food etc.
Pros for this hotel is Service service service all the way, nothing is too much trouble.
Cons - Being picky but the base of the pools are tiled and have started to come away with loose tiny tiles on the floor which needs attention but did not detract from the holiday.
Reception staff (Veronica and Amr very helpful in every way). Will definitely be back already looking at dates for September (special birthday).
Booked taxi back to airport via concierge £6.50. Small shop across the road from hotel for incidentals and drink if required for the room. Prices in hotel for food and drink as you would expect for this quality of hotel and service.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Deluxe Nile view rooms with large balcony if possible - worth the extra
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shada50
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments that you have posted on the Trip advisor website about your recent stay at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

I am really so happy and cannot find the suitable words to express my appreciation. Your great comments will further encourage our leitmotiv to maintain our quality focus and to continuously strive for excellence.

Concerning your comment about the pool tiles this issue is under discussion with the engineering department.

Also I shared personally your comments with the entire team, In particular with Ahmed at the concierge.Ahmed& hashem in the spa. Amr & veronica in the reception of course your observations will encourage them to continue strive for excellence.

It is always great to receive such positive feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us.

Looking forward to welcoming you again as you mentioned in September at our sunny resort.

Kind regards,

Christoph Schleissing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent stay for family. The only dis-advantage of Hilton Luxor is that it is located about 5KM away from City Center. You must use a taxi. Overall it is excellent hotel. My Family enjoyed the pool a lot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for your feedback that you posted on the Tripadvisor site about your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

I am really happy to know that our facilities and services exceeded your high expectations.

Regarding your comment about the location of the hotel we offer a free complementary shuttle bus from the hotel to the down town in specific times for all of our guest during their stay.

I shared personally your remarks about the team members to them in particular with Pool team and they were very happy to know that their efforts have ended up to your enjoyment.

Looking forward to seeing and welcoming you soon back again.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was in Egypt for my annual solo bday vacation and decided to stay here because they were number one on tripadvisor. I'm glad I ended up staying here . When I got to my room there were birthday decorations all over the door and in my room , and I also had a bday cake waiting for me .
My room was nice and clean and my bed was pretty comfy .
The pool area is very nice for relaxing ,and it 's right along the Nile so it's very peaceful .
My drinks were never empty . The staff by the pool was very attentive ,so attentive that if you were sitting in a chair under an umbrella and the sun started to shift , they would come over and move the umbrella.
There is also a spa area pool that's for people who really want to relax and not be bothered, with kids or music, etc ,but because the hotel is pretty quiet due to lack of tourism right now, I didn't feel the need to hang out there . Plus I believe they don't serve alcoholic beverages up there either .

I ate at all the restaurants , and I have to say I didn't have one bad meal. Everything I ate was cooked perfectly . I really love tomatoes , and one night I was having a tomato craving . I asked if there was anyway they could slice me up tomatoes, and within a few minutes I had a whole plate of them sitting in front of me.

I absolutely loved the bartenders in the inside bar. They definitely kept me entertained . Once again it was very quiet and sometimes I would be the only person in the bar , but because of them I still had a great time ..
Nasser was awesome , he always liked to make up new drinks for me to try ..

Also , the front desk staff was very helpful . It is very hard to get small bills in Egypt , so every time I went to the ATM , I would have to go to the front desk and get smaller bills . On two occasions , one of the guys , and I can't remember his name would run to the bank for me.. :) super amazing .

Overall I had a great stay here , and everyone was wonderful .. I definitely recommend this place.
I do wish it would have been a tad bit busier , but I still had a great time .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LacySpikes
Dear Valued Customer,

I really could not find the suitable words to express my appreciation for your kind observations about your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa that you shared with us thru the Tripadvisor site.

I am so happy to learn that our facilities exceeded your high expectations and made your holiday enjoyable.

Your kind comments about the staff have been conveyed to them and they are so delighted to know that their efforts were up to your satisfaction and of course your comments will encourage them to continuously strive for excellence.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again to our sunny resort.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I actually spent my birthday here and the staff was awesome. They unexpectedly decorated my room and made me a cake to celebrate. As if this wasn't enough the whole staff sang happy birthday to me at breakfast. This hotel is not only the best location in Luxor but one of the best staffs of any hotel in the world. The location is great...the restaurants and staff at the restaurants are awesome and professional. The food is great and our room was very clean everyday. The pool area and view of the Nile was fantastic from our room. There are good gift shops, exercise room, ATM, and security here. This is the best place to stay in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UtahOutdoors
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your remarks that you have posted on tripadvisor website about your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

It was our honor to have you as our guest and I am proud to know that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations.

I shared personally your feedback with our team members and they were so happy to know that their efforts were up to your entire satisfaction.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon again to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Being a very fair skinned American I was very skeptical about the trip to Luxar, ill have to admit I considered cancelling the trip more than once..

This place made me feel so much at home and so safe.. Relaxing in the spa with the cool evening breeze while watching the sunset over the Nile river was simply magical! Imagine for a moment what you would pay $700 a night for in the US but now add one of the most beautiful locations in e world, the most helpful staff, most excellent (and fresh / safe) food.. We checked out a few other hotels / resorts and I honestly could not recommend any besides this Hilton. It's so modern, clean and kept up... The staff are most kind and the atmosphere is very relaxed and quite.. You will feel very safe and appreciate your stay here,,, my only regret is that we were so busy touring around that we didn't have time to just relax at the place longer... I'm coming back with my family!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jon M
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found that our service& facilities to your liking.

We are so happy to read that you had an enjoyable holiday with us and the friendless service from our team members made your stay memorable.

Our Hilton promise to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

Looking forward for your next visit to our sunny resort in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 14 May 2014

One of the memorable romantic gateway definitely. Highly recommend for couples who want to find serenity and private moments.

Will definitely come back and stay again at this Hotel!

Kudos for the excellent service and the staff of the hotel is very friendly. The spa services is up to notch! The hotel even allowed us for the late checkout.

Room Tip: The overlooking Nile scenery definitely!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nadia20010
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your lovely feedback on the tripadvisor site.

I am really proud of my resort and team members who made your stay with us enjoyable.

It is a pleasure indeed to learn that our team members save no efforts to make your holiday comfortable. I passed your comments about the team on to them which will support our continued strive for excellence.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon to our sunny resort.

Kind regards,

UK
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 7 day stay at the Hilton Resort Luxor.
Staying in a Nile Suite, overlooking the Nile with the West Bank in the background was just magical.
Although the hotel was quiet, the staff could not do enough to make our stay memorable.
I cannot recommend the Hilton Luxor highly enough to anyone looking to visit the numerous sites in Luxor and stay at a Luxury hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank doha1
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014

Yours sincerely