“Paradise on the Nile”

Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Paradise on the Nile”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Our family chose to spend half of our Egyptian holiday in Luxor, where we could experience the remarkable culture and history that Egypt has to offer (the other half, we spent diving and snorkelling in the Red Sea -- see my review of the Hilton Marsa Alam for more about that).

Prior to our arrival, we had been in touch with the Hilton Luxor hotel so they knew we were coming. We are diamond Hilton members so we were greeted at the airport by a representative of the Hotel, who had arranged to escort us to the hotel. He was kind and helpful and came bearing flowers! What a lovely way to begin our holiday.

The Hilton Luxor was everything I had hoped for and more. It is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in (for point of reference, we always stay in 4 1/2 or 5 star hotels). The staff were incredible and bent over backwards to make us happy and comfortable.

The food was amazing and Nasser, the chef, a joy to chat with every morning. His smile was infectious! Breakfast was always delicious, with something for everyone and the lunch and dinner meals we enjoyed there were also very good.

In hindsight, I think we should have gone out for dinner on a few more occasions, simply for variety, but we opted to stay at the Hilton Luxor often because it was just so calm and beautiful. At the end of a busy day of sightseeing, there was nothing nicer than to arrive "home" to the serene, quiet Hilton Luxor and to watch the sun set over the Nile, glass of wine in hand, from our very comfortable balcony.

The other place we loved to watch the sun set was from the spa infinity pool which, literally, made you feel as though you were floating in the nile, just across from the Valley of the Kings. An entirely unforgettable experience. The spa at the Hilton Luxor really is fantastic and no less luxurious than the hotel as a whole. Were my husband and I to visit without our kids, we would more than happily stay in one of the spa-side rooms!

Sadly, with the Egyptian uprising in Cairo in 2011, tourism has declined significantly in Egypt. This resulted in very, very low occupancy rates, particularly in Luxor. The upside of this was that we almost felt as though we had the hotel entirely to ourselves. The downside is that we worried for the people of Luxor and regretted greatly the unfortunate negative view that the rest of the world has taken on about travel to Egypt. I can not say more emphatically how safe we felt throughout our stay in Egypt. If anything, now is a wonderful time to visit because the temples and tombs are so quiet and don't be fooled by the inexpensive prices of hotels etc.! I worried that the standard might not be quite what we were accustomed to. I could not have been more wrong. We would pay at least 3 or 4 times what we payed at the Hilton Luxor were it located in North America or the Caribbean, or in most European cities.

I would not hesitate to visit here again and I hope to do so as soon as I can. I think Egypt may be our next holiday destination because I simply can't think of anywhere nicer for our history- and scuba-minded family.

Room Tip: Just ask for a Nile view and you'll be happy!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rachel G
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review.

I cannot find the suitable words to express my appreciation for your encouraging comments which of course will support our team members to continue to strive for excellence.

I shared personally your kind remarks with our entire team in particular with Nasser the chef and all the team members are so happy to know that they were able to make your holiday with us full of light & warmth of hospitality.

We hope to see you again in your next holiday as you mentioned in your comment at our sunny resort.

Christoph schleissing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
Reviewed 20 August 2014

One of my best ever stays. Went there just for five days and it was like paradise. Brilliant weather, accommodation and food. Super friendly staff. Everything you could possibly want from a holiday. Lovely spa. First class vacation.

Room Tip: Book direct
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mark b
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

I would like to thank you very much for your review.

We are so happy to know that we made your stay so comfortable and you enjoyed your time with us.

At the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa we are aiming at delivering a unique personalized experience to our valued customers.

Our Hilton promise is to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Glad we were able to live up to this promise.

Looking forward to seeing and welcoming you soon again to the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, “your Home away from Home” in Egypt.

Kind Regards,

birmingham
Reviewed 14 August 2014

As part of my diving holiday to the coast I also booked a short break too Luxor and the Hilton as a special site seeing treat for my partner. We liked the look of the hotel after seeing it and its reviews on tripadvisor and we wasn't disappointed. Nadine was over the moon with her stay, the staff were friendly and attentive from the male house maid to the general manager everybody made us feel special.
On one occasion the pool and bar manager loaned me his hat for the days site seeing trip (as mine was mislaid the night before) without it I would have fried , when we got back later in the day they had my faithful old bush hat waiting for me.
The food we ate in the pool bar and in the restaurant was first class Nadine is quite a fussy eater and had no complaints.
The outlook and position of the hotel is perfect , right on the waters edge and totally private.
If I ever went back to Luxor I wouldn't hesitate to book the Hilton as my first choice.
Alan Birmingham UK

Room Tip: Rooms looking onto the Nile are a real treat.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alansheward
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear our valued Customer,

First of all let me take this opportunity to thank you very much for your kind review and your recommendation on the trip advisor website.

It is to our utmost pleasure to read that you were able to experience our warm hospitality and our team members’ efforts exceeded your high expectations and they were so attentive to your needs.

Also let me tell you that Our Hilton mission is to be the first choice of our guest.

It is always great to receive such positive feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to advise us.

I will share your compliments with all of our team members in particular with the kitchen.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at our sunny resort.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is an absolutely fantastic hotel,
they get everything right from start to finish, very very attentitive including the manager does a bit of crowd surfing at the pool in the afternoon.
not convinced he`d have the time if the hotel was full however at this moment in time it`s a great personal touch on the customer journey through the hotel.

i agree it is a little out of the way, however i`d treat this as a positive as you don`t get bombarded with sellers the second you walk out the hotel doors and everything is a cheap taxi ride away.

noise level at this hotel is excellent, we moved here from sofitel where we had the prayer bell at our non double glazed window at 3.30am every morning, nearly s..t myself the first morning when it went off.

i could go on and on about how good it is as many other reviewers have done so, however i`ll just mention my negatives however niggly they are and are in my personal opinion.

The swimming pool is not deep enough, waist deep at it`s best, i`d prefer it to at least have one deep part and the tiles on the floor are obviously poorly constructed as coming away and all under your feet, however i do understand that to remedy this would be a major headache of closing pool for a couple of weeks which is a no can do in a resort.

however all in all this is a great hotel and if the occupancy levels stay the same we will definitely being staying here on our next visit to luxor, the extra expense of this hotel is truly worth it`s weight in gold.

finally the wi fi was certainly lacking, our nile suite couldn`t open pages of the web and the poolside had the same issues, i had to resort to my own data connection at the cost of £10 a day, an expense i hadn`t planned on as i needed my data connection and as hhonors gold member i should have free usable connection included.

don`t get sucked in by the cheap hotels elsewhere, stay here, pay a little more for the quality or you`ll get what you pay for elsewhere..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank martin_monaghan
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you indeed for your amazing feedback you posted on the tripadvisor site about your recent stay at our resort. It has been a great pleasure meeting you personally and rest assured, although I have a busy schedule I meet all of my guests not only depending on occupancy.

It has been our honour to have you as our guest and to learn that our facilities and services exceeded your high expectations.

Your remark about the pool, which seems for you not to be deep enough has been taken into consideration for any future renovation project.

Also regarding your comment about the swimming pool tiles, I would like to mention that we use very special glass tiles from Murano in Italy. We are in contact with the specialized company to fix this issue for the future.

Concerning you feedback about the internet we forwarded your comment to the information technology manager for his further action. I am sure that we can excel your expectations as we are moving to the new fiber technology.

I shared personally all the great remarks about our team members with them personally and rest assured we will continue to strive for excellence.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon back again to “Your Home away from Home” in Egypt.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here for one night on our recent visit to Luxor, to escape the bad choice of hotel at the other (far) end of Town.
Everything about the hotel is excellent - the location, the staff, the service, the facilities & the room.
We were upgraded to a deluxe Nile view upon arrive, which was great. However, if you don't get the upgrade & don't want the additional cost, then don't worry, I don't imagine you'll drag yourselves away from the amazing setting of either pool areas!
The staff could not be more friendly, welcoming & accommodating.
The spa is just what the doctor ordered after a long day on the West Bank and could not be a better place to relax.
I have stayed at a number of hotels in Luxor in the past & have my favourites, as well as those that I'm not so keen on. The Sofitel (more or less next door), although a nice enough hotel for example, I found to be too far from the Town centre. However, although the Hilton pretty much has the same issue, it just does not matter - it is that good!

It's true what they say some times, you get what you pay for. The Hilton is more expensive that most hotels in Luxor, but is worth every penny.
The Hilton Luxor Resort had defiantly found its way to being one of my favour hotels anywhere, and all after just one night. I can't imagine seeing myself stay in any other hotel on future visits to Luxor!

Room Tip: Deluxe nile view rooms are in a quitter part of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lee T
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you indeed for your precious time that you spent to write your feedback about your recent experience at our sunny resort.

It has been our honor to have you as our guest and I really proud of our property and team members who made your holiday with us the most enjoyable and memorable one.

I cannot find the suitable words to express my appreciation. Your great comments will further encourage us to maintain our quality focus and to continuously strive for excellence.

The whole family of Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is looking forward for your next visit which we hope to be in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

An absolutely wonderful experience, and much needed after a week of diving in the Red Sea. The Luxor Hilton is an oasis in the desert, and an excellent base for exploring Egypt's monuments and sights.

Great pool, great restaurants, great bar,fantastic service, and warm wonderful people.

At lunch we sat by the pool and munched on salads and pizzas. At night we sat in the Diwan eating mezze with a cool Luxor beer. The Valley of the Kings on the opposite shore was illuminated by the son et lumiere show and the dark Nile flowed by only yards from our seats.

We're returning next year for more diving and the sights at Aswan, but we will end our trip at this wonderful, welcoming hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Nile view room with balcony and have breakfast watching the Nile and listiening to the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twodivers
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review.

I shared personally your kind remarks with our entire team and they are so happy to know that they were able to make your holiday with us full of light & warmth of hospitality.

We hope to see you again next year as you mentioned at our sunny resort.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was a fantastic surprise. Hilton is not a brand that comes to mind when I think of luxury or 'something extra'. This hotel is contemporary, spotless, beautiful AND located on the Nile River with fantastic views of the Valley of the Kings. Wow. You'll be really struck by how fabulous the pool areas are, as well as the lounge for cocktails. I did not tour any other hotels other than the Winter Palace (which is fabulous and a stunning classic, but if you want contemporary, great pool areas for down time and a great spa to indulge in, look no further than Hilton Luxor)......but I'm going to guess this is the best hotel in the area.

The spa is one of the best and most complete I've seen. Really special touches. If you want to indulge a bit more, get a Spa Suite so you can enjoy the tranquility, extra space, and the fantastic patio area with jacuzzi.

The food was excellent at this hotel.....we dined at their restaurant a couple of times. Their breakfast buffet is quite lavish, you won't go hungry. The staff was warm, welcoming and attentive. With Egypt's tourism at an all time low, this is a great time to go. The rates are unbelievably low, but when tourism picks back up that won't last!

Room Tip: Get a spa suite if you're looking for an upgrade!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SafariSnob
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you indeed for your precious time that you spent to write your feedback about your recent experinece at our sunny resort.

Yours sincerely