Gaddis Hotel Suites and Apartments
US$98
US$91
US$91
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot waterclean hotelwifi is freeluxor templenice poolvisit luxoregyptdisconile
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Gaddis. First impressions are not greatest, the Hotel is very dated and all the rooms could do with a lick of paint. The pool is small and doesn't get much sun but its a cool place to relax in the afternoon. However, the good points outway the bad by far, and this hotels major plus is the staff who are all friendly and seem to really get to know you, nothing is too much trouble. My room was cleaned and I was given fresh sheets and towels every day. The food was, in my opinion, really good, and fresh. No English breakfasts here, but there is juice, tea and coffee, as much as you want and salad, felafal, fuull beans and mashed potato on offer as well omelettes, eggs and toast. The evening meals have more variety and as before, are freshly cooked and tasty. The karaoke evening on Saturdays shouldn't be missed and the waiters are all great. Said the doorman deserves a special mention as do all the lovely daytime reception staff. If you are looking for luxury, don't stay here, but for fun on a budget it can't be beaten.

Room Tip: If you are on the main road side you will get traffic all night, if poolside, you may be woken up by the Mosque! Take your pick!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Londoner014
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I'm appalled by the review given by Sammylucy2 as this can't be further from the truth. Strange how his review only came out 3 months after his visit. A grudge with Thomas Cook I can understand but to describe the Gaddis Hotel in such terms is dishonest.
On both of my recent visits to the Gaddis I found the lift to be fine, there were locks to both the main door and the balcony door to a comfortable 'clean' room. Bed linen was changed every day by 4 friendly staff and soaps and shampoos were also provided each day, as were clean towels.
Air conditioning was also fine, as was the shower.
His words contain no truth from what I've seen at the Gaddis in 2 recent visits. I first went there alone in December last year, half board and although the food was nothing to write home about, I found the rooms perfectly OK and the staff fabulous. I enjoyed my stay there so much that I returned with my daughter for 2 weeks end of March, beginning of April. We both had a great time and it's location being away from the centre of Luxor yet within easy reach of all shops, sites, cafes etc made it almost the perfect hotel. I say almost because the breakfast could do with improving. Another problem is the swimming pool that could do with heating.
Now this hotel has an Egyptian feel to it and I find that a welcoming feature as all the other hotels in Luxor could be anywhere. Concrete enclosures with little character.
The Gaddis is a comfortable hotel and in no way should be considered as one with a reputation or one that should be closed.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff at the reception about rooms. Consider that the front of the hotel will have traffic noise which stops at night and the other rooms will have the sound of the nearby mosque in the aearly morning. I preferred the higher level rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bikingbirder2010
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Xmas eve and Xmas day , in the most dreadful ,dirty, foul,so called hotel in the word , and I have traveled all my 83 years!,,this appalling place is a extreamly health risk and very dangerous , lift ,unsafe bear wires,no lock on door to room and belcony you are at risk iin the room and your belongings when you are out!"bathroom" filthy shower broken, toilet? Don't ask !! Bed broken huge lumps on very thin dirty mattress ,pillows likewise and imprint of somebody's head on it !! Lights hanging off wall , air conditining unit hanging off wall over door far too huge for the room and held on by string and tape, when on filled the tiny already filthy room with dust and dead flys ! Belive me THIS is true!, I've contacted Thomas Cook who told me its Xmas holiday and they said they could not help as it was Xmas !!!!!!i asked thro my great dispair and tears to be moved ,,they moved me to another dreadful room, ....I left! I borrowed £800 from friends in London and moved into the st George sonesta , dear god ... Heaven! The manager told me that the Gaddis "had a reputation "and"should be closed " since back I contacted Hoilday programms at the BBC and ABTA both are investigating , t cook offered me a full, FULL refund of .....£119!!!!!which they said is what it cost them ,I was charged by t cook in lewisham London £895 for that hotel and half board!! Which gave them ,at great distress to me and huge debt a profit of at least £570!!!!so avoid TCook and at all costs. The dreadful dirty flea pit know at the GADDIS "hotel" I am more than happy to stand by all this statement on oath , you ave been warned!!!! Ray Edwards , London I survived!!!! Just.

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank Sammylucy2
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Definitely not the Ritz, (a bit old and faded) but fantastic value for money The friendly staff cannot do enough to help. Half-board recommended, the dinner is excellent. Rooms clean, beds comfortable, water hot.That is what we want from an hotel Do visit Luxor, it needs tourists - we had temples, tombs etc. almost to ourselves. We felt very safe. And watched sunset over the Nile from the roof. But do take ear-plugs, there are mosques all round including one right next door, (you don't want to be woken early........ But it adds to local colour). A fantastic holiday.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2013

needs to find what level of service it is offering breakfast vary eggs juice cornflakes if quiet to basic fair if lower paying guests passing through some parts of hotel in need of TLC upgrade to half board food well cooked staff are great and go out of their way to provide good service i would not hesitate to use this hotel again handy for public ferry to west bank stayed in a single room need to flexible to use the toilet i stayed for 4 weeks

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo