“you have to go there”

Pyramisa Isis Hotel & Suites Luxor
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We love this hotel it is far superior to the other better known ones and has a garden that over looks the nile to die for, almost as good as the Winter Palace but the poor mans option which actually is much better. The staff really care about the hotel and what is said about it, yes some are rather a pain because they chase tips but remember what you paid for the holiday they struggle to earn in a year. The food is of a good standard and if you are not pleased tell the restrant manager, Hasseb, he will be only to happy to ensure things are sorted.A point to note is that even though you check out at mid day if you are all inclusive then drinks and food may still be taken until you depart so long as the arrangement is not abused. Bedrooms are clean and beds comfortable, towels are very clean but in some cases a little grey in colour, bed linen is very clean and stain free. The two swimming pools are loverly and the pool towels are brought to you very promptly. Try the Italian restrant, the prices are reasonable and the food good.Two staff to look out for are Moustafa and the female waiter, who calls everyone 'darling' they both work in the pool bar area and are as helpful as can be, you never run out of drinks or snacks when they're around.Please treat yourself and give this one a go before the secret is out and the tour operators take it over and it becomes just another bubble gum establishment.

Room Tip: We tend to go for the junior suites 555 and 450
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jnlk2000
There are newer reviews for Pyramisa Isis Hotel & Suites Luxor

Reviewed 23 April 2011

The location of this hotel is ideal. We liked everything about it; the rooms, the pools, the bars, the whole environment. The food was excellent and lots of choice. Everything was clean and in good order, except the young kids' play park bit which we did not need to use anyway. The staff were extremely friendly, accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. Everything seemed ok, food was a little repetative but rooms were tidy and cleaned everyday with fresh bedding and towels.

If you do decide to go to this hotel PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE SHOPS. I bought a Nefertiti Chain (apparent 18ct) which (I thought) I had no reason to doubt being the trustworthy person that I am.

Afterall if a shop in a hotel sells something I think anybody would trust its authenticity or is it just me? had it been a backstreet shop in Luxor I wouldn't be surprised and would not have bought without necessary checks.

Anyway i'll get to the point. The "18ct chain" turned out to be 9CT when I got it valued in England!!! I rang the hotel to tell them and describe which shop it was only to be told (in broken English) "the shops are only rented to the shop occupiers and thus we have no liability, however if you come to Egypt with the chain we will take you to different shops around Luxor to see if it i what you say and then we will sort something out"!!! It was like talking to a brick wall. They expected me to book another holiday costing me more money to sort a problem with their hotel. If somebody ran a shop in my hotel and was ripping people off I would have something to say, wouldn't you guys???

Well need I say I was nothing short of disgusted!!! Oh and I nearly forgot to add the fact that my grandmother bought a 18ct ring and 18ct nefertiti chain also which was authentic, however she was overcharged by £100 I was quick on the game with this though and got it valued in Luxor before we got home so was able to sort it out face to face. I say sort it out , he offered us £50 back NOT the full £100. No apologies for his lies!!! He goes by the name George (obviously not his real name) I have a photo which I will upload so you can be aware if you do decide for some crazy reason to go to this hotel.

The shop in question is just opposite the dancefloor/bar area in the hotel, If you come out of the dining room it is to your left. There is another jeweller who as a shop to the left when you walk in the hotel he sells allsorts of stuff as well like snacks ornaments etc whereas the shop I bought from only sells jewellery.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank ukchick84
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for 4 nights 26th march. We were not happy with street view, so we changed to the 5th floor nile view room no 586 could not fault it. Very clean fab view, food ok but only warm a good choice, the staff were great nothing to mutch trouble hotel spotless. right on the nile, 2 pools smetimes you eat outside. go to this hotel its great to relax after a Nile cruise as wee did.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Have just come back after spending a week at this hotel and we had a fabulous time. After reading earlier reviews we were a little apprehensive and tried to change our hotel, we are SO glad we didn't. When we arrived our room was at the front of the hotel with a road view, but we knew that from our holiday confirmation, so we upgraded to a Nile view which was lovely and also quiet. (The other hotels in the street also have road view rooms, not just the Pyramisa, so check with your holiday company when booking if you want to have a Nile room). The room was spacious and nicely decorated with large french windows and a balcony and nice furniture with plenty of storage space, the bathroom was also of a good size, we were very pleased with the room.

The reception and bar area was airy, opulent and very tastefully furnished and there were a couple of singers on every evening, the beer and Rose wine was very good. The gardens and pool area were well looked after, with plenty of sunbeds and waiter service around the pool.

The staff were fantastic and friendly, very helpful and attentive.

We were all inclusive, and often travel all inclusive, and this was the best buffet restaurant we have experienced. The food was gorgeous with lots of choice. There were at least 3 beef options (one was usually carved roast beef), 2 chicken, 2 fish, pasta, and many more each meal time! Twice in one week we had carved roast duck!
Most days there was barbecued beef and chicken as well as the above and the soups were lovely with plenty of different breads to choose from, breakfast had something to suit every taste.

We highly recommend this hotel and if we travel to Luxor again we will definitely be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Having spent 7 nights on a Nile Cruise (wonderful, exciting, fascinating, EXHAUSTING) and 3 nights in Cairo (amazing, magnificent museum, busy, EXHAUSTING) the final 4 nights of our holiday spent in the Isis were exactly what I needed. Warm welcome, hot sunshine, immaculate swimming pools, well cared-for gardens, good food (with options for Chinese or Italian if a change from (excellent) buffet food is needed), and as much culture as you could possibly need within easy reach. Add in a Nile view and a gentle felluca trip (see Ash on the "Maggie Moon") and you have everything you need for a memorable stay.
I would stress the Nile view, because although the view of the street is fascinating, you can probably do without the early morning wake-up call from the Mosque opposite!
We were in Egypt for 2 weeks, did not see any trouble at all, only very welcoming people who were very pleased to see us. I commend Egypt, those people and the Pyramisa Isis to you.

Room Tip: Check out the Beauty Salon, excellent!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Luxor Pyramisa is a lovely hotel. Location and views over the Nile were perfect, especially, at sunset. We had a street view room which, tho' noisy, was good for people watching (we were offered a change to Nile view but decided to stay put). We were all inclusive and the food(buffet style) on the whole was pretty good, but was only 'til 10pm at night which meant any drinks bought after this time had to be paid for.
Staff, from management to pool staff were all very friendly, helpful and obliging.
Would definately recommend and we hope to visit again.

Room Tip: All inclusives take the offer of free Felucca ride
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends