“Very disappointing.”

Pyramisa Isis Hotel & Suites Luxor
Ranked #36 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We stayed shortly after Christmas, and we had booked our stay about 3 months in advance. When we got there, the electricity was intermittent. We were given a room in the back of the hotel where the furniture looked like something had nibbled on it. The hot water took over 5 minutes to appear, and the floor would have been more comfortable for sleep. When we asked the staff for a better room, which we saw that the other rooms looked gorgeous, they informed us that there were no other rooms and then raised the rate. They didn't honor the rate from booking.com. We must have been extraordinarily unlucky because it seemed as if they had overbooked the hotel. What a disappointment.

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank Colorado_Traveler_98
There are newer reviews for Pyramisa Isis Hotel & Suites Luxor

Reviewed 5 May 2011

Just returned from our eighteenth stay at this wonderful hotel. From the warm welcome from the ever helpful reception staff to the great service from the waiting staff our stay was first class. As usual the food was delicous and extensive and it was great to end the evening overlooking the Nile smoking a shishah pipe. Hope to be back again next year.

Room Tip: Nile view room a must if staying more than 1 day
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank angusmoir
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This is our second time at this hotel, the first being 3 years ago. We took my mum and our two 11 years old kids. As soon as we got there we received our free drinks whist we booked in and then taken to our rooms.We had 2 Nile View Junior Suites which again were very clean and also they gave us and mum complimentary fruit baskets! Well it was mums 72nd birthday and our 3 wedding anniversary) All the staff were very friendly and some were still there from 3 years ago and remembered us. The staff were second to none and couldn't do more to please us. The hotel pools were clean and so were the towels the only comment was around the pool is very slippery when wet which we mentioned to the manager. The hotel was very quiet due to not man tourists because of the media but Luxor is so safe people don't know that! Food was superb, a great selection of foods available including some nights a BBQ was happening so a very large choice with no complaints from us. Take a felluca from the Nile we went on the Ibis but that is because he is a close friend to us. Lots of cruise boats tied up by the hotel which were horrible but the manager told us that they are trying to get out of the contract and get them away from the hotel! The children's play area was clean and great and also had shaded areas if you get to hot. We went to the West Bank and we were the only people around the temples which was great but Karank is busy but still great to see. You do get hassled outside the hotel by taxis etc.. but just say no and walk away they get the message. Another wonderful stay and we will be back very soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank egyptfans
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We love this hotel it is far superior to the other better known ones and has a garden that over looks the nile to die for, almost as good as the Winter Palace but the poor mans option which actually is much better. The staff really care about the hotel and what is said about it, yes some are rather a pain because they chase tips but remember what you paid for the holiday they struggle to earn in a year. The food is of a good standard and if you are not pleased tell the restrant manager, Hasseb, he will be only to happy to ensure things are sorted.A point to note is that even though you check out at mid day if you are all inclusive then drinks and food may still be taken until you depart so long as the arrangement is not abused. Bedrooms are clean and beds comfortable, towels are very clean but in some cases a little grey in colour, bed linen is very clean and stain free. The two swimming pools are loverly and the pool towels are brought to you very promptly. Try the Italian restrant, the prices are reasonable and the food good.Two staff to look out for are Moustafa and the female waiter, who calls everyone 'darling' they both work in the pool bar area and are as helpful as can be, you never run out of drinks or snacks when they're around.Please treat yourself and give this one a go before the secret is out and the tour operators take it over and it becomes just another bubble gum establishment.

Room Tip: We tend to go for the junior suites 555 and 450
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jnlk2000
Reviewed 23 April 2011

The location of this hotel is ideal. We liked everything about it; the rooms, the pools, the bars, the whole environment. The food was excellent and lots of choice. Everything was clean and in good order, except the young kids' play park bit which we did not need to use anyway. The staff were extremely friendly, accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. Everything seemed ok, food was a little repetative but rooms were tidy and cleaned everyday with fresh bedding and towels.

If you do decide to go to this hotel PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE SHOPS. I bought a Nefertiti Chain (apparent 18ct) which (I thought) I had no reason to doubt being the trustworthy person that I am.

Afterall if a shop in a hotel sells something I think anybody would trust its authenticity or is it just me? had it been a backstreet shop in Luxor I wouldn't be surprised and would not have bought without necessary checks.

Anyway i'll get to the point. The "18ct chain" turned out to be 9CT when I got it valued in England!!! I rang the hotel to tell them and describe which shop it was only to be told (in broken English) "the shops are only rented to the shop occupiers and thus we have no liability, however if you come to Egypt with the chain we will take you to different shops around Luxor to see if it i what you say and then we will sort something out"!!! It was like talking to a brick wall. They expected me to book another holiday costing me more money to sort a problem with their hotel. If somebody ran a shop in my hotel and was ripping people off I would have something to say, wouldn't you guys???

Well need I say I was nothing short of disgusted!!! Oh and I nearly forgot to add the fact that my grandmother bought a 18ct ring and 18ct nefertiti chain also which was authentic, however she was overcharged by £100 I was quick on the game with this though and got it valued in Luxor before we got home so was able to sort it out face to face. I say sort it out , he offered us £50 back NOT the full £100. No apologies for his lies!!! He goes by the name George (obviously not his real name) I have a photo which I will upload so you can be aware if you do decide for some crazy reason to go to this hotel.

The shop in question is just opposite the dancefloor/bar area in the hotel, If you come out of the dining room it is to your left. There is another jeweller who as a shop to the left when you walk in the hotel he sells allsorts of stuff as well like snacks ornaments etc whereas the shop I bought from only sells jewellery.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank ukchick84
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for 4 nights 26th march. We were not happy with street view, so we changed to the 5th floor nile view room no 586 could not fault it. Very clean fab view, food ok but only warm a good choice, the staff were great nothing to mutch trouble hotel spotless. right on the nile, 2 pools smetimes you eat outside. go to this hotel its great to relax after a Nile cruise as wee did.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple