“Nice pool /convenient location”

Pyramisa Isis Hotel & Suites Luxor
Ranked #27 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Toronto, Canada
“Nice pool /convenient location”
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We stayed 2 nights and found the hotel to be very comfortable although the street side rooms are noisy. If noise bothers you stay on the Nile river side to avoid the traffic noise. There are all kinds of shops, restaurants, internet cafes, banks , etc. within a short walk out the lobby doors. The little shop across the street sells 1.5 L water for 3 EGP . It's true that the touts here are even more aggressive than in Cairo or Aswan but more annoying than intimidating, just smile and say "la Shukran" . We noticed a lot of kids , so it is very popular with families and the pool area is large. The rooms are very large and look to be recently renovated. We would stay again

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I stayed at Pyramisa Isis for 3 nights in May 2010. I was traveling on my own, and the main reason I chose this hotel was due to the facilities it provided - I was wanting a hotel where I could relax, tan, and have a bit of peace inbetween day tours around Luxor East Bank/West Bank.

The hotel is very well presented, the lobby and reception is visually appealing, and has a distinct charm to it. However, the staff that greeted and welcomed me, didn't quite seem to fit the standard of presentation. They were helpful, but I wouldn't say particularly friendly and welcoming.
The passages towards the rooms are long, and, honestly, quite dreary - they almost seem to be part of a totally different hotel. The lighting is very poor in them - it doesn't make the walk to the room very pleasant. To add to this, in my entire stay I never bumped into another guest on my side of the hotel, and I got the feeling that I was on my own down there, which may sound stupid, but with the dreary passages was quite spooky.
The room on the other hand, was tidy, clean and well presented. Again, perhaps not 5-star material, but a comfortable 4-star. The balcony offered an impressive view of the Nile, West Bank (including the Temple of Hatshepsut), and the hotel leisure area.
Breakfast was varied, good quality, and definitely up to 5-star standard. The dining room was perhaps slightly dated, but was again perfectly adequate.
There are stores inside the hotel, but they are horrendously expensive, as is the food and beverages offered. The prices are 5-star prices, but I don't believe the food that I did buy was 5-star standard.
The pool area was incredible, I spent many hours lying in the sun, and found the staff to generally be quite friendly and happy to help. I did get the feeling though, that once I had purchased a drink and tipped a member of staff, they were eager to serve me again, and continually approached me and asked if I wanted more, purely for the sake of the tip, when otherwise I wouldn't have been approached.
The guests are probably more aspirational 5-star than true 5-star hotel guests, and I found there to be a lot of families staying at the hotel, so with children running around making a noise it was fairly difficult to relax.
The Shisha hut on the bank of the Nile provided fantastic views, and was a great place to relax in the evenings.
All in all, I did enjoy my stay, and the hotel was quite comfortable and generally quite appealing. Considering that for a true 5-star hotel such as the Hilton, one would be paying upwards of $250 a night, Pyramisa Isis IS good value for money, although the start rating should perhaps be re-evaluated until all aspects of the hotel meet 5-star criteria.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Brent1988
Plymouth
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Having just returned from a week’s holiday at the Pyramisa Isis in Luxor, I was very surprised to read the positive comments the Hotel has received recently on this site. I am wondering if these people were actually staying at the same Hotel??!
The reason I chose to stay at this particular Hotel initially was the promise of facilities such as….‘Sauna/Jacuzzi/Steam room and best of all ‘28 acres of Sub- Tropical Landscaped Gardens, I couldn’t find any of it, could it be, because they didn’t exist??!
The food was the worst I have ever tasted, and despite paying for half board I ended up eating out on a number of occasions just to get a decent meal. The staff were mostly unhelpful, especially at the reception; they seemed quite unconcerned if you took a problem to them. The rooms were really quite ‘shabby’. The smell from the Cruise Boats moored at the bottom of the pool area was sometimes overpowering.
No way does this Hotel merit a ‘5 star’ rating, I have stayed in better ‘3’ Star Hotels in Luxor. I was very disappointed with the whole experience and I was not alone, others staying at the Hotel that week were equally appalled. It was a waste of money as far as I am concerned. I have been to Luxor on many occasion and this has got to be the worst Hotel by far that I have every stayed in. My thanks though to Corrine and Donald who’s company went some way to making my stay a little more bearable.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Jacqui008

Travellers are raving about these Luxor hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This was the third hotel we'd stayed in over five weeks and it was Simply The Best! Absolutely nothing was too much trouble for anyone. From the day staff refreshing our rooms each day to the people meeting our needs around the swimming pools, to the beautiful and amazing array of foods served at breakfast, lunch and dinner, EVERYONE gave the most impeccable service, and always with a smile. My husband and I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. It truly gave us the perfect holiday. We couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2010

First of all, the hotel was sold to us as a 5-star. Well, it isn't - it's a bit too dated in places to be a 5-star. However, despite this, we had a great 2 weeks at the hotel. The pools were great (though need a touch of maintenance in a couple of places), the staff were truly excellent and the food was unpretentious but extremely nice. Our room was of a generous size, (though was slightly squeezed after they added two single beds for the kids), but was a little dated. We found out after we had settled in that there were newer and presumably nicer rooms in the newly built parts of the hotel, but after unpacking we didn't think it was worth moving. However, I would recommend asking for a room in the newer part of the hotel when you check in.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
manchester
Reviewed 15 April 2010

the hotel staff acted as a well oiled machine,nothing was too much trouble,everybody was smiling and friendly,it seemed they would go out of their way to make sure it was the best holiday experience you had ever had.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2010

A pleasant stay in a caotic and dirty city as it is Luxor, We enjoyed very much this hotel as the location by the nile and in the close to the centre of the city was convenient.
The food was very good and the staff friencly, very nice hotel for family with children, as the two pools over looking the nile are an excellent relax after a busy day visiting the amazing temples and archeological sites.
I personally suggest it for your next trip.
Simonetta