“Great Egypt trip with Nile Holiday”
Review of Nile Holiday Tours

Felucca Ride on the Nile River in Luxor at Sunset
Ranked #10 of 92 Tours in Luxor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nile Holiday offers high quality escorted Egypt Tours, Travel packages and Egypt Nile Cruises. Our Egypt Tailor Made Holidays provide exceptional value, saving our customers time and money
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family just completed a great two week Egypt trip. My wife, 2 kids (18 and 17) and I spent the entire second week of our trip with Nile Holiday with Khaled as our tour guide. The trip could not have gone better and I give Khaled and Nile Holiday my highest recommendation.

We spent the first week scuba diving in the Red Sea. Khaled arranged for the family to be transported from the airport in Hurghada to Port Ghalib - a 3 hour drive. We were a bit nervous stepping out of the airport in Hurghada and were instantly reassured when we saw a driver holding a big sign with our family name printed in big letters - a good feeling.

After a great week scuba diving (not covered in this review but highly recommended), we were met again by a driver who Khaled had arranged to transport us from Port Ghalib to Luxor - a 4 hour drive. Again the driver was prompt, professional and efficient.

Upon our arrival in Luxor and to our pleasant surprise, Khaled was our guide for the 5 days we spent cruising the Nile to Aswan. Khaled did a fantastic job: he speaks excellent english, has an encyclopedic knowledge of Egyptian history with specific expertise on the temples and hieroglyphs that you visit along the way.

We visited Karnak, Luxor, Hatshepsut, Valley of the Kings/Nobles/Workers, Edfu, etc. All were very impressive and our enjoyment was definitely enhanced by Khaled's expert guiding. I'd have to say the highlight of all the temples was Abu Simbel which is highly recommended.

Khaled also arranged for our flight from Aswan to Cairo and for a day touring the Pyramids, the Egyptian museum, and the bazaar with a separate guide who was also great. Our initial flight from Aswan to Cairo was cancelled and Khaled went the extra mile to stay with us, arrange for us to stay on the Nile boat sun deck instead of the airport, and also arranged dinner.

I had some trepidation about wiring the full price of our trip to Nile Holiday (they do not do plastic in Egypt to anything like the extent the west does), but went ahead and did it based on the prior Trip Advisor reviews. My concern was unfounded and all worked out perfectly, and the price was a great deal and absolutely worth it.

We felt safe throughout and I have to say it is a fantastic time to visit Egypt - there is no one there. It was amazing that we had whole temples practically to ourselves which is great from the perspective that there is no pressure to keep moving and makes for great uninterrupted photo opportunities. The downside that should be noted is that the souvenir vendors can be a bit overwhelming due to the very few tourists around.

In summary you will not go wrong with Nile Holiday and Khaled is professional, courteous, and pleasant to interact with. You will enjoy the time spent in Egypt and it is a great life experience.

1  Thank JeffP92651

Reviewed 15 June 2014

When unable to book a flight for our normal Egyptian holiday I booked an alternative package holiday cruise. We were later transferred to the "Nile Legacy" This was the week of my 80th birthday and was a week to remember. We had done three previous Nile cruises and had high expectations. We were not let down.The boat manager Mr. Magdy Ayed had a way of making you feel at home and his own innovative way of making it different to any other cruise especially his tour of the real working parts of the boat. As word got around of my birthday I was made to feel very special by many of the other guests as well as the staff. Even Ged the young musician who entertained us on the upper deck made a special effort on my behalf. Having done all the tours in the past I just visited my favourite Philae and Denderah and spent the rest of the week just enjoying the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere on board. We did get to visit our usual hotel on our last day but our week on Legacy was far from second best and I would recommend anyone visiting Egypt to spend a week on Legacy enjoying the good food and care and attention to detail in a safe and relaxing environment.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a really good holiday with Khaled and Nile Holidays in Egypt. We could not fault our trip and everything was done for us. Our guide in Cairo for the day, Mohammed, was equally as good and their knowledge certainly made the whole experience unique. We would highly recommend Nile Holidays as your first call. We felt safe throughout the whole trip and hope people will not be put off by the negative media coverage, which having been to Egypt very recently, is over the top. To sum up, brilliant service and a great time to go and experience when Egypt is quiet.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I just returned (3 April, 2014) from a fantastic trip to Egypt. It is a shame that so many people stay away from Egypt now because I had a completely safe 2 week vacation – one week in Cairo and one week in Luxor. The news media exaggerates all of the problems they are having now by not stating how far away most of the incidents are from the major tourist spots or how infrequent they really are. Not ONCE did I feel any effect of ANY of the unfortunate incidents that are in the news now. Not only is it safe to go to Egypt it’s an inexpensive time and there are NO lines AT ALL at all of the tourist sites. This includes the Egyptian Museum, the Giza Pyramids, Saqqara, Dashur, the Valley of the Kings, and all of the fabulous Luxor area temples along the Nile. Not only is this a good time to visit Egypt, it might be the BEST time to visit Egypt in a long, long time.

I thank Khaled Reyad of the Nile Holiday agency for an excellent job he did guiding me through the wonders of Egypt. Khaled arranged for my guide in Cairo to meet me at the airport and guide me step-by-step through my entire time in Cairo. The guide there was excellent and he was available to help me arrange ANYTHING I needed or wanted to do – including visiting some very remote pyramids that are not normally seen by tourists. Then when I went south to Luxor, Khaled met me at the airport and guided me through all of the fantastic sites there. Both in Luxor and Cairo, Khaled arranged to have a separate driver and a nice, comfortable car to ferry us to all of the sites so there was no big tour bus to wait on. We were able to stop for meals along the way at places he knew served good, safe, authentic Egyptian food so I was able to experience a little bit of what it’s like to be a modern Egyptian.

I can’t say enough about how great a job Nile Holiday and Khaled did in organizing my guided tours. I can recommend him highly for others contemplating a visit to Egypt. Please do not be dissuaded from going to Egypt based on the news accounts. With a private guide like Khaled leading you through Egypt, it is a great and safe time to visit Egypt!

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I have enjoyed every minute in it. The cruise was marvellous, the people were friendly, the temples and the historical places represent the glory of pharaohs. The nobi village and balloon riding were exciting opportunities. Don't miss this journey