“Not to be missed”
Review of Alaska Balloons

Alaska Balloons
Ranked #16 of 36 Outdoor Activities in Luxor
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I always wanted to go for a hot air balloon ride. Got the opportunity in Luxor. The experience is surreal. You could see the whole Luxor valley from the top - with the Nile flowing in the middle. Amazing experience!

Alaska balloons were on time, and very professional in managing everything. The pilot was experienced, and both the take-off and landing were absolutely smooth. The safety instructions were spelled out clearly. I also found the fee to be lower than many other companies in Luxor. I'm surprised that these guys are not more ahead in TA rankings.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Alaska hot air ballons came to pick us up at our hotel on time and took us to a boat on the Nile, there we were given instructions in English about the operation and safety of the balloon while we sipped on a tea or coffee with a twinky , we crossed the Nile and vans took us to the site where the balloon was being prep, it was a great experience , our pilot spoke to all in Arabic and English, he is also a commercial airline pilot from Florida, very friendly and accommodating. The views and the explanation was fantastic as well as the sunrise over the horizon and the Nile. With out a question one of the best experiences in my life. I took my 12 year old son and a female friend and we were and felt safe all around. Great adventure.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The company arranged for a 5 AM pickup from our hotel for our family including my parents (65+) and 3 kids (8-13). I wanted to pay by credit card, since we decided to do this only the evening before. They promptly arranged for their rep to come in with the credit card machine to the hotel.
The tour price included hotel pick up by tour bus, drop off at the pier, where breakfast was served in boat (coffee + cake), pickup from the other end of the pier by another bus, the balloon ride, and then return back to the hotel by around 8 AM, ready for a good breakfast.
I was told that it being Unesco day, the price was only 50% of the usual - we paid EGP 325 pp for the seven of us.
I think it was worthwhile for a first balloon ride, as well as seeing the Luxor sites from the air, after having seen them from the ground a day earlier.

1  Thank smartstreamer
Reviewed 10 September 2013

It was magic to slowly float over such ancient architecture something we had only read about and seen on the TV

Reviewed 31 July 2013

A great way to see Luxor, the Valley of Kings and so many other sites! The staff are well trained and great people. Good value. Highly recommended!