“please please dont come here”
Review of Tutotel Hotel

Tutotel Hotel
Ranked #50 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
hertfordshire
“please please dont come here”
Reviewed 9 January 2010

we have just come back from 2 weeks in this hell hole and i mean what i say.where do i start,dirty towels dirty rooms warm food re-heated cold food brought every day til used stale rolls at breakfast staff helpful but clung to you like sticky tape to get a tip even following you to the lift roof top pool like a plunge pool always verrrrrrrrrry cold, sunbed towels filthy same towels used all the time. thanks to denise and norman from bury for making our holiday more bearable flight back home delayed for 2 days were taken to 4*mercure hotel which was 10 times better yes what hotel runs out of butter twice and staff not paid over busy xmas and new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pat and linda xmas and new year 2009

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
Melbourne,Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Stayed recently as part of a Gecko tour and had no issues with this Hotel, having read some of the other reviews I guess i must have been in one of the refurbished rooms as the bed was comfy, bathroom was clean and overall enjoyed my stay, albeit only 2 nights.
Downtown is within walking distance and was genuinely suprised how good the room was for the price.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank AUSSIETRAVELLER23_8
derry
Reviewed 13 December 2009

we went on a cheap holliday and at first was not impressed but after we complained we wer astonished by the quick response we had from managment they just couldent do enough to put things right the staff wer great the food was lovley and they are striving to upgrade the variity constantly the managment welcome suggestions and acted on them the hotel is being refurbished and they even gave us a guided tour of the excelent progress of which we have no doubt will be of five star quality hope to return soon kay and mary

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank DerryIrish
Vancouver BC Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We were on a tour and were "graced" with day rooms at this hotel. The tour (Gecko) booked only two rooms for 12 people (6 people per standard room)- this was not the hotel's fault. However... as we were crowded, many of us congregated in the lobby. Having given my tourmates time to shower, I went to the room for my turn. There was a trickle coming out of the shower. At the time I figured that this was the normal water pressure.... and then there was NO water at all. I go downstairs, shampoo in my hair, to find out what was going on. It turns out that the city had turned off water to the hotel. It came without prior notice, but the hotel did know by the time I went to have my shower... they just did not tell us... even though we were sitting right in front of the main desk.

When I came down, I asked for a bottle of water, so that I could at least rinse my hair. The clerk told me I could buy a bottle of water next door. I suggested that they, as a hotel providing services (i.e. showers), should provide me with water. Had they simply apologized and given me a bottle of water, it would have been just an inconvenience. Instead, the clerk argued with me, repeatedly stating how it was not their fault, and then called my tour guide to complain about me! I ended up using my own water to rinse out my hair.
Tto top it off, the group dinner we had later that night was mediocre - and the waiters were visibly upset when we did not order drinks at an "extra" cost. This hotel is clearly not meant to be in the "service" industry.

I would love to go back to Luxor, but I would NEVER stay in this hotel. P.s. the pool... it had algae growing in it....

• Stayed August 2009

Travellers are raving about these Luxor hotels

Switzerland
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Clean, safe, walking disctance from restaurants and Luxor temple - good velue for money

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Wales
Reviewed 17 April 2009

TUTOTEL or (-)

It was dire to say the least. Booked in for 2 weeks bed and breakfast and omg, it was dispicable.
The staff were too touchy touchy and that in itself first thing in a morning did not go down very well, neither did the breakfast.
Same thing day in and day out. Thank God I like crossaints! The tea and coffee were undrkainble as local water was used and the after taste was disgusting.
Opted for the fake orange juice which dealt with the thirst.
The omelette chef sometimes smiled, other times staff were pretty bloody miserable... The room itself needed a good clean and that carpet needs to be disinfected or burnt! The crockery and cutlery were passable at least.

The Room:
Ummm.... First impressions were kinda ok, we had a nice view over the building works and could indeed see the Nile. The beds were hard as nails and omg the state of the blanket left one to wonder who'd been doing what with it.
For the first 3 days we had no fridge and had to keep asking for it to be sorted. When we did get it opened it was like the black hole of Calcutta and should have remained on the Ark!

It states Air Conditioned which is needed. When it worked it was great, when not, was not nice.... Same with the lights, sometimes they worked, other times not. Grrrrrrrrrr
Ended up getting a room upgrade as me and my buddy had some bites which were NOT from the mozzies.

The Bathroom: Looked ok but was a bit grimey. Around the bath was minging and ants were crawling thro the seal everyday! The bath itself was tiny and no chance of having a soak unless you were 2 foot tall!
Had to ask for the towels to be changed as they had some dubious stains on them and looked grey...

Roof Top Pool:
Haaaaaaaaaa, don't make me laff. Was a good concept as the views are awesome but it was like a furnace up there and nowhere to shade. The pool itself was clean although kinda small. The area around the pool was again grimey and some serious spring cleaning wouldn't go amiss.

Sahmeer was the only good thing about the room service and always a welcome smile and friendly hello awaited from him.
Daniel in Harrods was a lovely guy and the shop itself was lovely and matched the prices you could get in the Souk. Harrods is a hassle free zone too which was an added bonus..

All in all, I've been to Luxor 8 times and can honestly say that Tutotel needs a serious upgrade and different attitude to it's paying customers.
Would I stay there again? Maybe in another life but certainly NOT this!

Flea bites have cleared now ta so have the bad memories......

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank PickledGherkin
England
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We know Egypt well, so originally booked 7 nights B and B as liked location and look of hotel from Internet, intending to return to Cairo for final 4 nights of our holiday However so relaxed in Luxor after manic Cairo and generally very happy with the Hotel, so "negotiated" extra 2 days. Large cool and welcoming Reception area/lounge. Also had Coffee shop and well stocked shop (great chocolate cookies). Receptionists Selem, Yasser and Co, the security guys at the entrance, Daniel in "Harrods" always friendly and welcoming. We had a nice large 4th floor front room with a balcony and Nile view. Agree with other Reviewer that bathroom should be deep cleaned and new towels purchased but beds were clean and comfy.
The pool area on two levels is such a let down - what great potential and marvellous 3 sided view view, but old furniture, piled up broken sun beds, no bar/snack area nor shaded off area does not attract . We often went up to read, trying to move round the one tiny bit of shade & saw so many eager persons arrive to swim etc and then disappear as too hot.
Large Dining room leaves a lot to be desired and at no time did we see any manager at breakfast. One day no butter, but they just shrugged if off with "tomorrow"!
We visited the disco twice, negotiating the steep wooden spiral stairs which are a death trap but it is really for the younger punters who arrive late, like Rap music & not being able to hear themselves speak unless they shout
There is a sort of Bar but screened off and no staff nor drink display, very dark and gloomy. It was so warm that we generally sat outside in the evenings on the very pleasant front terrace area with drinks, just people and caleche watching. Being able to do that in early April made our holiday.

We will return to Luxor.