“Terrible”
Review of Tutotel Hotel

Tutotel Hotel
Ranked #48 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed 11 May 2010

The first 4 rooms we tried were dirty, shabby, curtains falling down, electric wires left hanging out of the walls, the fifth room was very nice (just been finished), however it was on the 6th floor which was under construction, literally our room was the only one finished, the corridor was full of conctrete bage and rubble, the other rooms didnt even have doors or windows. The terrace had mattresses stacked up in the corner, old vending machines lying around and we didnt like to risk the rooftop pool.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brucieUk

Reviewed 15 April 2010

We stayed here as part of a Geckos tour. This hotel was nothing to write home about. This rooms although fairly clean were small and cramped. The bathrooms were even smaller and almost impossible to manuever around in. The breakfast was the typical hard boiled egg, beans and dirt tasting breads. The pool on the roof was refreshing, however I wouldn't recommened sitting on those disgusting lounge chairs. The location was fairly decent, just a short walk down to the nile. Not recommended for long stays, but good enough for a night or 2.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CanadianDeparture
Reviewed 7 April 2010

just HORRIBLE, really dirty! dirty yellow or grey towels, and not changed bedheet
no paper or soap in toilet
not hovered or towels changed, needed to ask for "fresh" towels! food, old chips, not big selection! SWIMMINGPOOL, well you wouldnt want to go into the water or sit down on sun bed,,view? dont make me laugh, didnt sleep at all, nosiy hotel on main busy road, doesnt metter what room you have got!
whoever stayed there and says its good must be crazy unless you paid cheap money!
DO NOT TAKE ALL INCLUSIVE OR FULL BOARD, there is no food,
go to Lotus, 55$ a night B&B , great value for great hotel

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2010

we have just come back from 2 weeks in this hell hole and i mean what i say.where do i start,dirty towels dirty rooms warm food re-heated cold food brought every day til used stale rolls at breakfast staff helpful but clung to you like sticky tape to get a tip even following you to the lift roof top pool like a plunge pool always verrrrrrrrrry cold, sunbed towels filthy same towels used all the time. thanks to denise and norman from bury for making our holiday more bearable flight back home delayed for 2 days were taken to 4*mercure hotel which was 10 times better yes what hotel runs out of butter twice and staff not paid over busy xmas and new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pat and linda xmas and new year 2009

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Stayed recently as part of a Gecko tour and had no issues with this Hotel, having read some of the other reviews I guess i must have been in one of the refurbished rooms as the bed was comfy, bathroom was clean and overall enjoyed my stay, albeit only 2 nights.
Downtown is within walking distance and was genuinely suprised how good the room was for the price.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank AUSSIETRAVELLER23_8
Reviewed 13 December 2009

we went on a cheap holliday and at first was not impressed but after we complained we wer astonished by the quick response we had from managment they just couldent do enough to put things right the staff wer great the food was lovley and they are striving to upgrade the variity constantly the managment welcome suggestions and acted on them the hotel is being refurbished and they even gave us a guided tour of the excelent progress of which we have no doubt will be of five star quality hope to return soon kay and mary

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank DerryIrish
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We were on a tour and were "graced" with day rooms at this hotel. The tour (Gecko) booked only two rooms for 12 people (6 people per standard room)- this was not the hotel's fault. However... as we were crowded, many of us congregated in the lobby. Having given my tourmates time to shower, I went to the room for my turn. There was a trickle coming out of the shower. At the time I figured that this was the normal water pressure.... and then there was NO water at all. I go downstairs, shampoo in my hair, to find out what was going on. It turns out that the city had turned off water to the hotel. It came without prior notice, but the hotel did know by the time I went to have my shower... they just did not tell us... even though we were sitting right in front of the main desk.

When I came down, I asked for a bottle of water, so that I could at least rinse my hair. The clerk told me I could buy a bottle of water next door. I suggested that they, as a hotel providing services (i.e. showers), should provide me with water. Had they simply apologized and given me a bottle of water, it would have been just an inconvenience. Instead, the clerk argued with me, repeatedly stating how it was not their fault, and then called my tour guide to complain about me! I ended up using my own water to rinse out my hair.
Tto top it off, the group dinner we had later that night was mediocre - and the waiters were visibly upset when we did not order drinks at an "extra" cost. This hotel is clearly not meant to be in the "service" industry.

I would love to go back to Luxor, but I would NEVER stay in this hotel. P.s. the pool... it had algae growing in it....

• Stayed: August 2009