“Seti I”

and up
Day Tour to Dendera and Abydos Temples from Luxor
Ranked #28 of 82 things to do in Luxor
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Yes we visited and as with everything we saw in Luxoir and its environs we were in awe at the splendour. Reading the historical background either before or after the visit puts everything in perpesctive.

2  Thank Blossom52
"remains"
"reign"
"beauty"

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Nothing compares to Abydos. Once you have seen this temple you can imagine what the rest must have been like. Also you can really appreciate the difference between the part of the Temple built during Seti's reign and that of his successor Ramses II.

3  Thank ahersua
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Missed out by most tourists this is an intetesting temple enjoy I always do!!!

Reviewed 15 September 2011

This site is often missed by the majority of tourists, but is well worth a visit. Situated in the village of Qurna, the temple features areas dedicated to the cult of Ramesses I, Seti I and Ramesses II. Within the temple, the reliefs are extremely well-preserved. Amongst, the scenes depicted are: offerings to deities, Seti I being suckled by Hathor, sacred barques and the Theban triad.
Within the temple complex are also the remains of an associated palace.

1  Thank Chachapuma
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2011

For some reason this lovely temple get overlooked by the tour firms.We found it in some of our referance books and decided to give it a visit, we have been back twice since. This is a very pretty temple with lovely wall carvings and a really good nile omiter. If you pick up one of the egyptian guides by the entrance they will give you a lot of information as they show you around. We have been lucky to get a little man who really knows the temple well. Unfortunatly at some of the temples you get a local guide who knows nothing about the monument but just rants on about a load of rubbish to try and get a tip from you.At the temple of Seti we have been very lucky, if you know a small amount about the monuments and get a good guide it can really enhance your visit. Seti is well worth a visit it is not far from the ramaseum so if you are travelling with a local tour firm ask them to include it in your days itinery.

6  Thank tina m