“" A beautiful hidden gem"”
Review of Temple of Seti I

US$67.00*
Private Denderah and Abydos Temples from Luxor
Ranked #30 of 85 things to do in Luxor
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Why more people don't visit this temple is beyond me, it really is beautiful. Entry is 40LE around £4 and there is never anyone here apart form the guardians who are lovely and insisted on making me tea. You seem to get this at the less visited temples, even when you point out you have no money, they are just so hospitable and are interested in your views, on everything from the current situation in Luxor, to the weather back home. I always carry some sweets or pens that are always gratefully excepted.

1  Thank Fiona9368

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Another one for the enthusiasts, some fantastic reliefs on the walls, an impressive courtyard with its square columns.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Amazing reliefs - the best in the whole Egypt, the only king list preserved in situ, some of the original roof preserved.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Really beautiful Temple as all the building projects of Seti I are. Exquisite decorations and superb reliefs. Quiet and calm place, as it was meant. Difficult to understand why tourist buses just drive past, but in a way it is good for Temple with a only few interested visitors a day.

2  Thank Superkatt
Reviewed 18 February 2013

On the day we visited we arrived at about 2pm & we were the 1st tourists all day. Well worth the visit a special mention to the guardian who gave us a tour he speaks good English & reads hieroglyphics. Well worth a good tip.

3  Thank hab3