Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
£60
Fully refundable before Tue, 23 Apr
Breakfast included
Easy and fast booking
1,393 results
All reviews floating pool nile view west bank pool bar italian restaurant main restaurant karnak temple the hot air balloons taxi driver winter palace boat valley kings hassle trips barge egypt
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Well, I have got many things to say about this exceptional hotel. To start with, it has got an excellent location in Luxor, it is just 5 minutes walk to Luxor temple, the souk and so many restaurants so it saves you much time. It is just on the east bank of the Nile river having a stunning view of the Nile and the west bank and more ever, fantastic sunsets that are really breathtaking. I had the room 501 in the fifth floor having 180 degrees panoramic view of the Nile and I always prepared my self daily to be in the balcony to enjoy sunset. The room itself was capacious and tidy. The bed was big and comfortable, there is a nice TV and a safe, and a very good bathroom. The housekeeping always take care of your room every day. What is really interesting in the staff of this hotel is their attentiveness and quick response, I remember I had a problem logging in the hotel WiFi in the begining, I just called the reception , in no more than 5 minutes the IT member came to my room and fixed everything, also I really liked that all the staff there knew me, my name and my room number from the first day. I have to say this hotel has got nice staff especially their reception staff who are really perfect, I still remember the nice smiles of Hamees and Mariam, and also active Mohammed. Someone I really want to give special thanks is Tarek in the reception, he is perfect by all means, always smiling, always helpful more than you imagine, always attentive with nice sense of humour and I felt him very professional knowing very single detail of my trip, my room and my preferences, and I was totally astonished to know that Tarek is still a trainee with his exceptional level of professionalism indicating that this hotels knows how to recruit its staff. Also, I have to mention Khaled in the restaurant who is really a nice and generous guy, he was very helpful and knew the table and food I prefer from the first day, really impressive. I remember also that nice bell man who kept my luggage after check out as I had an evening flight who was really nice to give me a place to change before going to the airport. To some up, although the location of this hotel, its rooms, restaurants and food are great indeed, the most important and exceptional point in this hotel is its excellent staff indeed. Go there, you'll enjoy it I'm sure ...

Room tip: Nile view rooms are fantastic
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank minanabil77
sunset060, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Luxor to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

As a result of our efforts, we have achieved the following awards” Tripadvisor certificate of excellence, zoover award & recommendation, travel gold award, ISO 14001, prize from holiday test “seal of quality” by Resien.de and Regional winner check safety first award for maintain the highest level of health & safety standard in the region”. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvement in 2013.

Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and your feedback.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Hotels throughout Egypt are severely underbooked since the 2011 Revolution, so they're making up the difference by a combination of cutting back on renovations, lowering rates, and reducing or charging more for certain services. I've rated this property with this fact in mind...

Got the lobby view room for a steal, figuring I wouldn't spend enough time in the room to make it worth $20/night more for the Nile View, but street view would be too noisy.
It worked out fine, except the room got a bit warm, and putting the thermostat on the coolest setting didn't seem to help, but opening the door exposed us to more noise and smoke (people can smoke in the lobby).
We spent some time at the pool, which was even nicer than it looked in the pictures. The gardens are also nice.
Breakfast was decent, with a good variety of hot and cold foods.
Note: They charge 40 Egyptian pounds/half hour to connect to their internet (wired or wireless), but if you head down Television St a few blocks away, you can use an internet cafe for 2.50-5 pounds.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nakalanzi
Mohamed Hassan, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2022

Dear Guest

Thank you for spending your holiday in our Iberotel Luxor and taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and we succeeded to meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we are acting appropriately to address the comments mentioned and prevent future occurrence. Once again, we appreciate sharing your concerns and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future, looking forward to welcoming you back again at our hotel Iberotel Luxor.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Just returned from Iberotel on 9th January and had a really good time.
Rooms:
As requested we were given a nile viewand worth the extra. We were in room 510 so had the benefit of a nile view and a part view of the Corniche. Enjoyed watching the police check cars.
Entertainment
Didnt enjoy singer at all would have preferred some background music instead. Didnt expect anything as Egypt very low key.
Staff
Brilliant and very friendly. A few in particular stood out such as Ali in the restaurant, the bar staff on a night time and the pool lad. Particular mention has to be made to Mr Mahmoud the manager on the front desk for all his help, really appreciate it.
Hassle
A fair amount of hassle as there are very few tourists about so everyone desperate for business.
Would love to go back.
Thank you to everyone at the Iberotel for a fabolous holiday, thanks for the birthday cake as well

Room tip: Ask for room 510 or 511 for the best of the both worlds. Nile and street view
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Spent one week in Iberotel and was very satisfied. The rooms are just all right but the surroundings are excellent. Very nice garden and very nice pool area placed on the Nile! There are several restaurants on the hotel and the food is all right. Staff all over the hotel are absolutely kind and service minded.

Room tip: Wifi is NOT free and I recommend you ask for a room close to a hotspot if you want to use the wifi. No doubt you should choose a room with Nile view!
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for spending your holiday in our Iberotel Luxor and taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and we succeeded to meet your expectations. Once again, thank you for the lovely comments encourages us to move forward and better serve our dear guests. Looking forward to welcoming you back again at our hotel Iberotel Luxor.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Visited the iberotel back in September, great all inclusive deal,friendly staff and a good location. Quiet, we easily met everyone staying in the hotel over ten days, be prepared to bump into everyone at dinner,the pool and on excursions. If you're thinking of staying here, there's a great guy moored by the pool, calls himself Craig David (Mohammed) he's great fun, organised all our trips at easily half price, so go see him!
Hotel was nice and clean, make sure you get a room that's outward facing, oddly this hotel does have some that face the inner courtyard, no idea why they'd put you there while its so quiet, but you never know.
Many guests we stayed with complained at the food offered on buffet, maybe it's the age gap but at 25 there wasn't anything in there I disliked. While you're there go check out the right side of the buffet. Most nights there's a chef just standing there, he's there to cook and serve things to order, so get in there at breakfast and dinner!
Pool food was great, staff down there are really good, being kind will get you extras and better service..trust me.
Outside the hotel the usual cluster of local sellers will trail you down the street, persist with whatever you're doing and don't be rude! Past a certain point they will eventually leave you alone. Be aware that they all know each other, so giving away details of good deals you've had elsewhere as a deterrent will cause trouble for someone else.
Locally, Luxor temple is very good, watch out for the guys sitting around inside, they'll take you aside to show you odd inscriptions for small change, on the whole if you have a guide of any kind, whether you paid or just met someone and tagged along, locals will leave you to it. If you're alone or with your partner, they move in. It's worth mentioning that although we had a great time, these guys will use every trick in the book and every emotion available, guilt, sadness and even anger to get you to part with some money..as soon as you do, they change and walk off. If you don't and you see them off, they'll pick up where they left off next time they see you, hold your nerve!
Do the balloon ride, visit the valley of the kings, see the markets, go with Craig and swim in the Nile. You will love it all once you relax! Oh and whatever they tell you, it's worth half..even if they smash it on the floor, half. If you pay full, I guarantee you'll see it two days later at market..and you'll want to throw it then!

Overall a great hotel made better if you're willing to venture out, something you can even do with the staff if you befriend them :D Have fun!!

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rob T
Mahmoud A, Front Office Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and your feedback.