“A perfect place”

Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Barry, United Kingdom
“A perfect place”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have been a regular visitor to the Iberotel, Luxor for close on 20 years. It has excellent views of the River Nile and the Theban Hills. It is a very pleasant and comfortable hotel where the staff are friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is quite unique, a converted barge floating on the river, a perfect place to watch life go by on the river. To sit on the terrace with a morning coffee or late afternoon with a cool drink watching the sun go down is quite idyllic. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I prefer a Nile River view as it is quiet with a wonderful view of the Theban Hills across the river...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lyndathomas22161
sunset060, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Luxor to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

As a result of our efforts, we have achieved the following awards” Tripadvisor certificate of excellence, zoover award & recommendation, travel gold award, ISO 14001, prize from holiday test “seal of quality” by Resien.de and Regional winner check safety first award for maintain the highest level of health & safety standard in the region”. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvement in 2014.

Mohamed Hassan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
Kent, England
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have just had my third visit to the Iberotel Luxor. From the moment I arrived and was greeted by Mahmoud Rahim, I felt welcome and valued. Several members of staff remembered me from previous visits and it felt rather like going to my 2nd home. Once again I found everyone to be friendly and helpful.

I was given a Nile View room on the 5th floor which made me very happy. The view is wonderful and I could see the temple of Hatshepsut over on the west bank.

The hotel was very quiet with few guests, but still provided a good choice of food. Snack meals at the pool or the bar were readily available if I didn't want to take lunch in the restaurant.
Everything was clean in my room and all the public areas are kept spotless.

There were several power cuts which are outside the control of the hotel. I was expecting these and had taken a torch. A generator kept the reception, bar & restaurant lit.

Outside the hotel I found less hassle than previously despite the economic situation having deteriorated again since my last visit. I talked to a number of the felucca and motor boat guys along the Corniche and was treated with respect. As a woman on my own, I felt safe.

The Iberotel really is my favourite hotel in Luxor and I will be back next year, if not sooner.

Thank you to Mr Hassan, Mr Rahim and all their staff.

Room Tip: Choose a Nile View room on a high floor for the best views across to the rural west bank which is bl...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank memberKent_England

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have stayed at most of the other 5 Star hotels in Luxor and I have to say that this was my first stay at the Iberotel. In my opinion, it is by far the best hotel in Luxor. The service was excellent. I was treated like royalty and felt very comfortable for the duration of my stay.

Well done to all the staff. Keep up the good work !!

Room Tip: Choose a Nile View room - beautiful views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had coffees/waters in the foyer area, and a buffet lunch in the restaurant (as part of an organised trip to Luxor)

The hotel had no change for an LE100 note (100 Egyptian pounds = c£10 = c$15)

They did not have the soft drinks that were ordered, so brought the wrong soft drinks, opened them, and then got 'huffy' when told that we would not pay for what we did not order (and therefore did not consume)

Buffet lunch was very poor, eg 1 or 2 stars out of 5 - fatty, cheap and tasteless

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank AlexRJ
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is by far the best hotel in Luxor, and I have stayed in plenty of them to know this. The service is second to none. The staff here really know how to make you feel comfortable, happy and welcome. From the start Mahmoud is a very welcoming manager and makes it clear that nothing will be too much trouble to make your stay even better, and always made a point of spending time with the guests to ensure they were happy
Rafaat at the poolside will ensure that your sunbed is ready and waiting for you every day.
The restaurant staff are great, and again will go to any lengths to ensure you enjoy the food there, which is always great quality.
This is a fantastic hotel in a superb location to local shops, restaurants and sightseeing places.
Luxor is a beautiful place full of wonderful people. An absolute winner for me.
As for the iberotel, if only I could score it higher than 5 on here then I would. I would only ever stay there from now on whenever I visit luxor

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Vikki P

Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Firstly, a special thank you to Kaledh 'John Barnes' for making our restaurant experience entertaining, he's quite a character, has very good English and his customer service was excellent: Also, thank you to Ashraf in the bar, excellent service and always smiling and pleasant: The Towel Man deserves an award in itself...even putting a towel on the step ladder when leaving the pool!!. The food was very good, considering how few guests were at the hotel, they did very well. We had a room overlooking the Nile and it was wonderful...we had to move because of an electrical problem, but everything was fine. They do have intermittent electricity problems, but they cope well in the circumstances. Overall a lovely hotel and would go back at some point in the future.

It would help if the Reception Staff spoke a little more English and we found that some were quite disinterested. We had organised private tours with Djed Travel before leaving the UK and we met a rep in the Reception. This did not go down well with the Staff and Thomsons Rep..(Waled) who was panicking about security issues. It turned out the Djed Travel were known there and have many advertising posters up on their notice boards!! There is so much competition for business even amongst their own people. We had used Djed Travel 3 times and find them to be reliable and very good value for service. Their vehicles and Tour Guides have always been excellent and will not hesitate to use them again.

We found Waled to be a poor representative for Thomsons. The welcome meeting was not very informative and the content could have been improved upon. There was mis-information regarding trips as we found when we did the overnight cruise on The Legacy to Dendera. We were told we would be back by 6pm.re-iterated by Travco Rep (Ahmed) when we left Dendera only to find that the Captain zig-zagged his way back to Luxor and arrived at 8.40pm. We had lunch at 1pm and nothing after that and we paid £104 each for this. No-one on board informed us what was going on until we asked Reception to speak to the Captain and he said that we would be arriving at around 8.30pm: We saw Waled and the Travco rep on return to the hotel and complained to them. All we heard was excuses and collaboration and to top it all..the next day we were told the ship had engine problems..we did not believe a word of it and were very disappointed and upset over this which spoilt the holiday.

A similar thing happened to other passengers who went to Cairo and had an appalling time (Caroline and Ann) and they asked us to put this on the review as neither of them has a computer. They were treated so badly and paid over £300 for the trip. Waled is nowhere near a competent representative for Thomsons. We met Gabriel on board the Legacy who was our Thomsons Rep January 2013 on The Crown Prince and one of, if not the best Rep we have ever had....we had been thinking of returning to Luxor in October/November to sail on the Legacy but will probably not go now, especially as Waled will be the Rep after next week.

The lack of tourists does mean that you are constantly pestered quite aggressively as soon as you set foot outside the door, but if you get up early and walk to Luxor, Karnak or the Museum and leave around 7.30am its quiet.

You won't get small change in the hotel, we have always found this to be the case and on board a Nile Cruiser, practicably nothing. We have been using the Thomas Cook Bank alongside the Winter Palace. They are very good and will give you as much change as you want, even LE1's which are very rare!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We picked Luxor as an alternative to Sharm or Hurghada and didn't regret it! There is lots to see and do as well as great weather. The hotel itself is fantastic, the staff cannot do enough for you and are genuinely friendly and helpful. We had a double room overlooking the Nile and the hotel gardens which was beautifully clean and ideal for the two of us. The food was good and varied (we have been to all inclusive hotels before and didn't have such variety) and the snacks etc from the bars were outstanding. Special thanks to Mr Rahim the manager and Ashraf in the bar for making it a really special holiday with a very warm welcome! I also highly recommend a massage listening to the Nile lap against the room!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple