“nice escapade at Luxor”

Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
manila
“nice escapade at Luxor”
Reviewed 30 November 2008

very charming hotel facing the Nile river....unique with its floating pool.

I have stayed at Le baron and Oasis at Cairo, and Iberhotel is definitely the best hotel I stayed in Egypt.

Attentive and Smiling service, all staff speaking english, and a fun breakfast animated by the egg station cook....whom always has a joke to tell.

all rooms equipped with balcony....

If you have not taken the more expensive rooms facing the Nile...try to get rooms #38 whatever the floor is....so you can see the Nile as well as watch the daily life on the street.

windows have good insulation for a night sleep.

Luxor monument is a walking distance by the corniche...and karnak is a bit more away....

Met Mohamad the Nubian caleche master by the smalll roundabout facing the hotel...always smiling and ready to beat tour prices to visit the Valley of the kings located on the other river side bank.....at 200 LE......its a cool deal

• Liked — the view, the service
  • Disliked — none
3 Thank anternozManila
GMLuxor, Hotel General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, 3 January 2009
Dear Sir / Madame;
Thank you for your support to our Iberotel Luxor. We are delighted to know that our hotel services and stff members were up to your expecations, and we are really looking forward to welcome you back to Luxor City soon. On behlaf of the management team and staff members; I would like to take this chance to wish you an enjoyable holiday season, and a very happy new start for the year 2009. Assuring you of our best services and attention all the times; we will always remain. Please accept our warmest regards - Tamer.

Hotel General Manager
Iberotel Luxor -

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
middlesbrough
Reviewed 29 November 2008

returned to the uk on the 19-11-08 after a fantastic time in the iberotel hotel in luxor. i can only thank the whole of the hotel team/staff for make this holiday so brill!. it would be unfair to name names of staff who were better than others so we will leave it at that regarding the staff!!! THANKS!!1.
the hotel it self was good, wait until you walk into the reception area for the 1st time from off the street, and then through to the back of the hotel and see the wonderful views of the Nile also the swimming pool , brill.
i would also recommend going all inclusive as it will save you a fortune, the food across the board was good, always varied and plenty of it ,breakfasts especially, oh and don't forget the cakes yummy!. all th ai drinks were more than drinkable so i can not fault this place at all.
ideally located within walking distance of many hot spots or just get a taxi or carriage ,no probs with them except that if you don't buy from one of there stop offs then you can tell that the happy go lucky drivers attitude changes and the become not so talkative but we lived with that. All in all it was a great 2 weeks in the hotel and yes i (we) would go back and use the same hotel again. any negative feed back from others is beyond me. oh and finally they wasnt much in the way of entertainment on the night but the resident singer was ok and quite often we took over the mike and sang along, he was a good sport.thanks meet some nice folk ,the two lasses from london (bankers) as well as the whelsh couple (nurses) thanks again

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — nothing realy
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank geoff97
Dear Sir / Madame;

Hotel General Manager
Toronto
Reviewed 21 November 2008

We stayed at the Iberotel Luxor for 2 nights in November. We booked for a very reasonable price so we didn't have the highest expectations. We were pleasantly surprised. The lobby area is very nice, and quite unique. In fact, all of the common areas are very nice, and the location is very ideal. right along the Nile with a pool actually literally on the river.

The rooms are ok, but are probably in need of an update. If there is one main aesthetic problem with the hotel, its the rooms. They are pretty old and tattered. Definitely not a deal breaker though, the rooms are passable.

The pool area was very nice, and quite relaxing.

The few problems we did have:
1) When ordering room service, we asked for one item and got the wrong item. We then called room service to tell them about this, and they did NOT send us up the item we actually asked for.

2) The waiter at the Italian restaurant was not very good. He was not rude, just very slow and kept forgetting things.

Other than that, a very pleasant stay. And for the price, I can't help but recommend the place.

• Liked — The location and the value
  • Disliked — The rooms.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cdn_traveller69
GMLuxor, Hotel General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, 29 November 2008
Good morning:
Thank you for sparing your time posting your review about our hotel. We do apologize that part of our food & beverage services were not up to your expectations and that you had an enjoyable vacation with us; except for notes about the Room Service; for which I believe the language accent and way of speaking English over the phone; might be one of the reasons and the Italian Restaurant service. I have forwarded your comment to our Food & Beverage Director, who had briefed his team accordingly. Assuring you of our best services and full attention at all the times, and looking forward to welcome you back to our Iberotel, we will always remain. On behalf of the management team and staff members; please accept our best regards – Tamer

Tewkesbury
Reviewed 15 November 2008

Stayed at Iberotel Luxor 05/11/2008-13/11/2008 with my daughter......Excellent, clean, well appointed and fairly reasonable prices.

Staff good especially room cleaners and waiters.

Omlette Chef a character who made breakfast a happy time of the day.

Waiter in Italian Restaurant was very friendly and enjoyed a joke.
But all the staff were friendly and helpful.

Met 2 great blokes from Bristol, Alan & Mark at the pool who are regulars to Iberotel Luxor. They took us to Valley of Workers..........RECOMMENDED for enthusiasts as very few tourists so no waiting around in the heat.

Great night with a Belly Dancer and a Dervish....we all dressed up and participated.........seems to be a very skillfull art that Belly Dancing!!!!!!

Only negative was fumes from moored Cruise Boat at next hotel which cleared the superb pool.

Left a note for Tanwer suggesting installing a large fan to blow away the fumes....lets see if he takes up this idea as the fumes were really bad on the 10/11/08 due to the lack of any wind.

Overall though .........I would recommend to anyone.

ALAN & MARK..........Looking forward to the picies of us all with the Belly Dancer

• Liked — Superb Nile Views
  • Disliked — Fumes from Cruise Boat at next hotel
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank TewkesburyTombraider
GMLuxor, Hotel General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, 18 November 2008
Good morning:
Thank you for sparing your time posting your review and comments regarding our hotel. We hope you had a safe flight back home. Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Luxor City. We are sincerely delighted to know that our services were up to your expectations and that you had an enjoyable vacation with us. I have received your note regarding the swimming pool fan. We will implement the idea and revert back to you with the result. If you can forward your contact email to (gm@iberotelluxor.com) so we can communicate the result to you later. I have also forwarded your note regarding the solar system to the concerned tech engineers in our company for their advice. Assuring you of our best services and full attention at all the times, and looking forward to welcome you back to our Iberotel, we will always remain. On behalf of the management team and staff members; please accept our best regards – Tamer

Manchester
Reviewed 10 November 2008

Location excellent at the end of the corniche within easy walking distance of Luxor temple and within a reasonable walk of the Luxor museum and the museum of muumification. Nice gardens leading down to Nile and a lovely pool with great views on a pontoon overlooking the Nile valley and the hills of the west bank. Nile view rooms were great with views of the river boats and sunsets.
All extremely clean and well presented. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast excellent...good variety and plentiful. We tended to eat out in the evenings so cannot comment on dinner but we had pleasant snacks at the poolside.
Our teenage children found it pleasant and comfortable also.

• Liked — pool and breakfast
  • Disliked — slightly noisy rooms facing the nile because of all the shipping and building but not the hotels fault and not too disturbing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank luxor88
Good morning:
Thank you for sparing your time posting your review and comments regarding our hotel. We hope you had a safe flight back home. Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Luxor City. We are sincerely delighted to know that our services were up to your expectations and that you had an enjoyable vacation with us. May be in your next visit you would have the chance to enjoy dinning in our Italian Restaurant, or the Chinese one or any of the other food & beverage facilities which we do offer for our guests; and let us know your feedback as well. Assuring you of our best services and full attention at all the times, and looking forward to welcome you back to our Iberotel, we will always remain. On behalf of the management team and staff members; please accept our best regards – Tamer

EDINBURGH
Reviewed 9 November 2008

I have just returned from the Iberotel (formerly Novotel) hotel in Luxor after a last minute reservation made by Mr Emile Asaad at American Express. I stayed there from Wednesday 29th October until Friday 7th November in room 507.

I usually stay at the Winter Palace Pavillion but due to overbooking I could not get in! so as I knew of this hotel I decided to give it a go.

I arrived around 20.30, Mr Asaad from Am Ex took us (was with two other friends, room 524 and 508) to the hotel.

The reception area is airy and spacious and we were attended to by very professional staff. We were given a welcome drink and then shown to our rooms on the top floor. My room was clean and spacious enough and had all the requirements one would need. Clothes storage was also fairly good and the rooms also benefit from a free safety box. The bathroom was compact, but was well fitted out. My only complaint was the water in the shower would go from a nice constant temperature to very hot without touching the controls and this should be looked at as a matter of urgency. Of course it always happened when you were washing your hair!

Being dark ,the balcony view was limited but I knew what to expect in the morning as I had stayed here before when it was the Novotel. I awoke the following day to a fantastic view of the Nile and the mountains fronting the Valley of the Kings and the very impresive sight of hot air baloons rising over the landscape - I counted 23 one morning! It really was a fantastic view and well worth the few extra pounds.

We had breakfast on the terrace each morning, service was again very efficient. The breakfast selection was good and the omlette chef was always smiling and happy. If I was to complain about anything (being hotel trained) it was the tables always seemed to be half set. There would be missing tea spoons, cups, napkins, salt and pepper ect. A minor annoyance of mine, but I procured these items from other tables.

The suroundings are nice and clean and there is a good choice of eateries - I had Chinese one night and it was not bad at all.

The pool area is a pontoon floating on the Nile, although smallish, there are ample sun loungers, showers, changing rooms and a poolside bar serving lunch. The pool was the hottest pool I have been in in Luxor! - They obviously had the heating on full blast the day we arrived as towards the end of my stay it was cooling down and was actually more refreshing.

Pool staff are polite and towels are provided free on presentation of your towel card. The view from the pool is breathtaking, and the activity on the Nile is fun to watch. The sunsets from the pool or the balcony are not to be missed - 1st Class.

For all you computer buffs who need to keep in contact there is internet facilities, 3 terminals in a small room off reception. I know the GM will read this so this is my only real complaint - I bought a card for 30 mins for 50 Egyptian Pounds, I used it for 5 mins to check my email and tried again the following day - it had expired! I assumed I had not signed out and left the time clock running.

I then bought a 24 hour card, assuming if I signed out the clock would stop as it does at the Mena House in Cairo - NOT SO

The 24 hours run from the 1st time you sign in so the following day, 24 hrs later this had also expired!!! - No one uses a computer for 24 hours without a break either to eat, sleep or visit the loo!! - This is something that you must look at and when the person signs out the clock should stop. Afterall there is no difference to you as long as the time period is payed for.

People I spoke to were not happy with the current set up so please look into this and do as Mena House do. I have stayed there twice this year already and accessed my emails using the card I bought last year that still has time credit on it.

All in all a very enjoyable stay in your hotel, very centrally located, very clean and all you need. I will certainly be back again and have already told friends about my time there so well dont to all the staff who looked after me - especially to the fantastic breakfast waiter who's favourite statement every time you asked him for something was "certainly sir, its my job"

Thanks again

Craig.

• Liked — views
  • Disliked — compact
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank MrCraigDrummond
Good morning Mr. Craig:
Thank you for sparing your time posting your review and comments regarding our hotel. We hope you had a safe flight back home. Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Luxor City. We are sincerely delighted to know that our services were up to your expectations and that you had an enjoyable vacation with us. Thank you for reporting the hot water issue in the showers; our Chief Engineer has been notified about the issue and had re-adjusted the water pressure in the rooms again; as well as the swimming pool heating system. We have noted your comment about the breakfast tables'(outside in the terrace) set-up and my colleagues in the Food & Beverage Dept will see all possible ways to overcome the negative comments. I have already addressed your note about the Internet facility to our service provider, and they will get back to me soon regarding the reasons for such failure. I would appreciate if you can forward me your contact email, so I can communicate the results to you as soon as I receive their feedback. Assuring you of our best services and full attention at all the times, and looking forward to welcome you back to our Iberotel, we will always remain. On behalf of the management team and staff members; please accept our best regards – Tamer

USA/Polska
Reviewed 5 November 2008

Stayed for three nights at the end of October and have no complaints. Prior to leaving there were a few negative reviews, all I can say is that some people are very nit picky. I have nothing negative to say. The room was spotless, air con great, hotel quiet, room extremely comfortable. Pay the little extra for a Nile view room, I did, and it was worth every penny. The manager is to be commended for running a tight ship. Thank you for a great stay.

• Liked — Location!!!!!
  • Disliked — Loved everything
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
4 Thank MortUSA_Polska
Good morning;
Thank you for sparing your time posting your review and comments regarding our hotel. We hope you had a safe flight back home, and we would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Luxor City. We are very much delighted to know that our services were up to your expectations and that you had an enjoyable vacation with us. Assuring you of our best services and full attention at all the times, and looking forward to welcome you back to our Iberotel, we will always remain. On behalf of the management team and staff members; please accept our best regards – Tamer