“Great Place”

Bob Marley Peace Hotel
Ranked #2 of 41 Speciality Lodging in Luxor
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on a shoestring you can't beat it. The hotel staff are next to none very helpful in everyway. Stuart and Amr will do anything for you. The hotel is immaculately clean. It is central on the East Bank to travel around town. The roof terrace is so peaceful. Stuart and Amr are only too happy to arrange day trips for you at the best possible prices. I can't add much more as some of the comments made before mine say it all :-D See you soon everyone take care and say Hello to Mohamed in the shop for me

1  Thank PJFHurghada
bmpeaceboom, Manager at Bob Marley Peace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

HI, Thanks for reviewing the hotel. I am very happy to read that you liked it and that the staff were helpful.
It is great to get a review from someone who lives in Egypt and is used to the lower standards, but then sees our place and knows that we lift the bar on that standard.

We hope to see you again

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I went to Bob Marley Peace to find other travellers to share my days in Luxor with and the hostel didn't disappoint. There is a fantastic roof terrace which serves beer and shisha to the ottoman style floor cushions, tables and chairs, sun-loungers or hammocks. Alternatively you can join Amr and Stewart's banter in reception or enjoy a huge breakfast while meeting other guests.

The rooms are all spacious, well-decorated and immaculate. The standard is easily equivalent to any four star hotel that I have stayed in, but at a fraction of the price.

The staff are great and will help you to learn how to manage if you are not used to travelling in a third world country and can give you tips on how to save money (the kosheree is definitely the way to go). I also went on some of the excursions organised by the hostel; the hot air balloon, faluka and tour of the west bank. I'd recommend the first two under any circumstances. The west bank tour doesn't take in all the sites but may be the best option if you don't want to rent a private car / cycle / walk in 45º heat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. How you have described the hotel is exactly how we want it to be and to feel for each guest.

We offer a range of itineraries to suit any budget. And like you said we are always there to assist travellers.

Cheers and all the best in the future

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I saw this hotel and I had direct a good feeling. I were in a very nice hotel "Bob Marley Peace Hotel" with a very helpful and professional and very honest stuff. This hotel was very clean: the roof, the rooms, the shower, the lobby - it looks as a really high stand hotel. Thank you very much for so much help. I will come again - 100% promised.

Room Tip: The Basic 8 Bed Mixed Dorm was very clean, safe and wonderful!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for the kind words. We strive to keep our hotel at a higher standard than any budget hotel pretty much the world over. We offer you free WIFI etc that is not even given at 5 start establishments.

We are so very pleased that you liked the hotel and that you will come back to visit us.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My friend and really enjoyed our stay at Bob Marley Peace Hotel in Luxor. It's conveniently located close to the train station (look out for the signs everywhere around the train station - very easy to find and locals know it well). The manager and staff are very friendly and welcoming: they helped us rent a couple of bikes for a day and arrange a sunset feluca ride on the Nile. The roof terrace with hammocks and shisha are awesome too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

When I read the word awesome in one of our reviews I cant help but smile. It is a word that gives a feeling of great pride.
I thank you for reviewing us. Every single review helps especially when the word awesome is used.
I am also happy that our signs are getting out to good use.

Good luck in all your travels

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Spent 4 nights in this hostel, conveniently located downtown. Entire hostel was very clean, staff very nice and helpful. We booked 2 trips (hot-air balloon, abydos/denderah temples). Nice rooftop, cool atmosphere. Easy to meet the other guests.

Breakfast is optional, it costs around 10 £EGP, and was good.

For such a price, I don't think you can find better deals (£EGP 70/room) in town.

Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Pierre_xyz

We appreciate your time in writing the review for us. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Breakfast is by far our most popular feature ( well except for the free WIFI) Breakfast is buffet style with eggs, pancakes and 3 different types of meat, 4 types of cheese yogurt, juice, toast. many jams etc and all the tea and coffee you can drink. And yes it is only 10 Egyptian pounds.

Again thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I booked by hostelworld in Bob Marley Peace Hotel. I was on 23th of June there. I arrived late in the night in Luxor and the taxidriver drove me to the wrong hostel.

I had a bad feeling when I saw the scared street and the hostel. I didn´t want go out of the taxi, but the drive went to the stuff at the reception.

And the man from the reception came to me and I showed him my booking certificate. He told me that his hostel is the right one. But I saw the sign in front of the hotel: "Bob Marley and Sharif Hostel".

I felt that he tried to make a trick to look his rooms in his hostel.

This made me shure that I was on the wrong place. I asked the driver niceley to give me the telephone to phone the number of the Hotel at my booking certificate. I phoned the right Hotel and spoke with the reception and he told me that he want speak with the taxidriver. After the phonecall the taxidriver drove me to the right place = "Bob Marley Peace and Boomerang Hotel".

I saw this hotel and I had direct a good feeling. I saw that the man from the reception spoke very loud and strong to the taxidriver. Later I understand something because the man from the reception told me the game how to steel tourists.

The intention from the taxidriver was to bring me to the wrong place, because he got money from the wrong hostel.

Now I was 100% sure to was in a very nice hotel = "Bob Marley Peace and Boomerang Hotel" with a very helpful and professional and very honest stuff. This hotel was very clean: the roof, the rooms, the shower, the lobby - it looks as a really high stand hotel. Thank you very much for so much help.

I will come again - 100% promised.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hi Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. First I am so sorry that this happened to you. We ask all our guests if you don't want us to arrange pick up for you please be very careful of drivers as they take people to hotels that pay them commission,
Please allow us to come and get you from your arrival point to ensure your safety,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and got a good feeling about the place. We not only work there but it is our home.
It was a pleasure to meet you and I trust that all your future travels are well.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I am writing this as i wait in the lobby for my train. I was very lucky that I met Muhammad at the train station and he took me here! The guy at the reception Amad recomend me some tours and the air balloon and the most important thing is that they don't hassle you!

I met other tourists on the tour and they were complaining about the wifi on their hotel, here is perfect! Is very clean, unexpensive and very comfortable with air conditioner! They even let me to take a shower after I checked out with no extra charge!

When booking just make sure you go to BOB MARLEY PEACE also known as BOOMERANG! there is another Bob Marley HOUSE hotel which of course is not from the same owner so be careful with that!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Arturo M
bmpeaceboom, Manager at Bob Marley Peace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our. It pleases me to read that the team have treated you well and that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to see you in the future and that all your other travels are successful and fulfilling.